It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
sqlrob: There's no "have to" about it. There's plenty of games I'd love to have that are on Steam. I've bought a grand total of none of them.
You want a medal or something?

To clarify, I would much rather support GoG than Steam but one cannot avoid the fact that Steam appears to have better deals with more game publishers, otherwise we'd see more of them on GoG.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
sqlrob: There's no "have to" about it. There's plenty of games I'd love to have that are on Steam. I've bought a grand total of none of them.
Ragnarblackmane: You want a medal or something?
You want some principals or something?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack/2014/05/15/european-vat-10-things-online-sellers-need-to-know-about-taxes-on-digital-goods-and-services/
Ragnarblackmane: You want a medal or something?

To clarify, I would much rather support GoG than Steam but one cannot avoid the fact that Steam appears to have better deals with more game publishers, otherwise we'd see more of them on GoG.
I don't favor either one...However, I used to buy more from GOG, but now I buy mostly from Steam just cause of the gread deals and publishers.
There goes Nordic. Disappointing. I thought they had a good partnership with GOG and shared many views about fair treatment of customers. But it seems they prefer not selling their games at all to selling them at a decent price without ripping off European customers.

Come on, Nordic. Prove me wrong. Sort your shit out and don't get stuck in the 'greedy publisher's corner'. Because I really liked you, and I hope you'll return soon at reasonable conditions for all involved parties, meaning yourselfs, GOG and us, the customers.
Bavarian: ...it seems they [Nordic] prefer not selling their games at all to selling them at a decent price without ripping off European customers.
G-Doc says GOG removed these titles, not Nordic. Also, we don't know that this is related to regional pricing because other games like Blackguards have wildly different pricing by region on GOG as an example of many games that today have new regional price variances.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by undeadcow
sqlrob: You want some principals or something?
I don't need principals, I graduated from high school over 14 years ago!

Learn to spell before attempting to insult someone you don't know at all ;).
PaterAlf: I'm a bit torn here. Seeing a big publisher (Nordic games) leave, because we don't want regional pricing is ok in my eyes. Seeing a big publisher leave, because we don't want regional pricing, while a lot of games get regional pricing without even telling us (Daedalic games and several others) is at least a bit strange.

Hope it's not the beginning of the end of GOG.
It's not really about regional pricing; it's about GOG's own pricing scheme based on local currency payment options. G-Doc gave an explanation about the situation:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post226
Annoying to say the least... I'll hold my tongue though.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by micktiegs_8
Ragnarblackmane: I am really disappointed that so many excellent games are being removed. No way I can afford all of them now,eventually I'll have to get some on Steam.
Good stuff, Steam can stuff it. They could offer the entire catalogue for free, and I still wouldn't be interested. I only wish more people cared about DRM Free gaming, so we wouldn't have the whole industry (bar GOG) running towards DRM and treating every single customer as a criminal. They don't deserve any money, and won't get mine.
high rated
From what I've gathered, and I could be wrong, GOG wanted one price for all games, with conversion rates between all the currencies they now support. But some of the games were kind of region-locked into agreements with regional pricing sellers, so they couldn't come to an agreement with Nordic etc. about being allowed to sell the games worldwide at one price.

If they wanted to continue selling the games, those 35 would be regional priced and for GOG, that's just too many games.

They're standing by their principles and sticking to their "Fair Price promise - £1 does not equal $1".

So they agreed to disagree for the moment and are removing the problematic games. Hopefully, in the future, they will be able to reach a consensus and the games will come back to GOG.

[Edit: I'm using the term "regional pricing" incorrectly. But, essentially, one region is priced differently to another due to currency conversion and I think the companies withdrawing their games weren't able to agree to GOG's currency conversion rates, due to other existing agreements.]
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Getcomposted
micktiegs_8: Annoying to say the least... I'll hold my tongue though.
Seems to me the cheapasses are the people who jog on over to Steam to buy their DRM-filled filth because it's a little cheaper than here, and complain because GOG aren't d*ckheads that shaft their cusomters too (with DRM).
micktiegs_8: Annoying to say the least... I'll hold my tongue though.
Pangaea666: Seems to me the cheapasses are the people who jog on over to Steam to buy their DRM-filled filth because it's a little cheaper than here, and complain because GOG aren't d*ckheads that shaft their cusomters too (with DRM).
Oh, you caught my post before I edited?
BadDecissions: Like, a lot of people are blaming Nordic, but since Nordic was perfectly willing to sell their games at a single flat, world-wide price until GOG started flailing wildly with its pricing policies ("One world-wide price! More then one world-wide price! One world-wide price except when there isn't! Multiple world-wide prices, but we'll refund the difference! Uh ... one world-wide price, sometimes, and you can pay with your local currency, at a fair exchange rate, except when we can't offer a fair exchange rate? Somebody please help us, we have no idea what we're dooooooing!"), I'm going to assume this is basically GOG's fault.
I tend to defend GOG most of the time but I must say, your post probably captures the situation pretty well. Considering what a mindfuck the pricing model is now I'm shocked that all other publishers are staying. The new pricing model is utter non-sense.
Talking about the games in this sale, does anyone have any thoughts on any or all of these games? I know it's a lot of games, but considering these games may never come back to the service until the far future, are there any other games from Nordic that I should get from here before they're gone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Gothic 2 Gold Edition
- Gothic 3
- Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition

- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (how different is the GOG version from the Steam one?)

- Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge

- Red Faction
- Red Faction 2

- Full Spectrum Warrior

- Dark Fall: The Journal
- Dark Fall 2: Lights Out

- Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich

- Chaser