It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
tinyE: Even if you aren't a fan snag the Spellforce titles because in here they work great and on disc it's 50/50 you will even get the damn things installed! :P
Xian97: Not to mention that the disc version of Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars had TAGES DRM in the US, and I think it was Starforce in the EU.
XD I had Universe and while there was no DRM they were buggy and many of them, including mine, only shipped with partial install codes.
couldnt resist and picked up 5 titles for my collection. thanks for the heads up and sale
tinyE: XD I had Universe and while there was no DRM they were buggy and many of them, including mine, only shipped with partial install codes.
You are just unlucky. My codes are perfectly fine. :P
Still, SpellForce Universe doesn't include Demons of the Past, so it's a good idea to snag it.
TCMU2009: Ah, my mistake. I haven't really paid much attention to the issue since March; I thought the freakout was undeserved then to be honest. I didn't realize some games did keep the regional pricing.
Not a problem. Just pointing out the issue since most people don't know that regional pricing is slowly being implemented here since they in most cases did not read the Back to our Roots post or misunderstood it - not saying that you did any of that. Its just to much misinformation flying around about regional pricing so that it needs to be put in to the right place.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Matruchus
TheScorpion.282: As some user have pointed out, it's absurd that the community now complains about loosing games because of the fair price principle. As for me, the answer to this should be simple NOT TO BUY GAMES ANYWHERE ELSE (yes specially Steam and Origin).

The regional price thing is absurd, unfair and should be punished. I could sort of get it when it comes to physical products that need to be shipped and where there are a lot of intermediaries and government regulations on the way, but with digital content it just makes no bloody sense!. Charging more for a digital product depending of which country are you buying from is just a scam, as simple as that. The GOG Community should be happy that GOG didn't jump into that greedy train.
Why should I bother writing something when another user almost read my mind and already said my thoughts using better words?
+1 to you, TheScorpion.
Can anyone tell me if Desperadoes 2 is worth getting?
Also Full Spectrum Warrior and Spellforce 2: Demons of the Past?
What the actual fuck just happened.
It's really sad whenever GOG loses a game, let alone 35. I try to buy all my games through GOG to give them the market clout to convince publishers to put their games on GOG with their customer friendly terms. I really have mixed feelings about this and I hope the publishers/developers fix whatever retail obligation they have to these games back on GOG soon.

Btw, does VAT hurt the margins in Europe? Or, with digital downloads, is it mostly a sales tax?
Number7: It's really sad whenever GOG loses a game, let alone 35. I try to buy all my games through GOG to give them the market clout to convince publishers to put their games on GOG with their customer friendly terms. I really have mixed feelings about this and I hope the publishers/developers fix whatever retail obligation they have to these games back on GOG soon.

Btw, does VAT hurt the margins in Europe? Or, with digital downloads, is it mostly a sales tax?
VAT does not hurt the margins since its added to the sellers price of the product and forms the final price for the buyer and is added to every product in EU be it physical or digital or a service an must be payed without any exception (for end buyers).
tinyE: XD I had Universe and while there was no DRM they were buggy and many of them, including mine, only shipped with partial install codes.
Grargar: You are just unlucky. My codes are perfectly fine. :P
Still, SpellForce Universe doesn't include Demons of the Past, so it's a good idea to snag it.
I didn't have Spellforce Universe, just the original Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars. They must have stripped it out by then for the compilation, but the original disc version from 2006 definitely had TAGES in the US.
Bad news, but great sale. I'm buying Black Mirror 1 & 2 here on GOG, won't buy Black Mirror 3 anywhere else.

Just sent a polite but firm email to Nordic Games to explain why I most unfortunately can't buy any of their products in the future because I only buy games here on GOG.

A bit passive aggressive, but that's how it is.
I am really disappointed that so many excellent games are being removed. No way I can afford all of them now,eventually I'll have to get some on Steam.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
loki21: Do I want games affected by regional pricing on GOG? No. I want them on Steam, where I know they will go on sale at ridiculous prices within 12 months of release.
Nice double standards. You bitch if GOG has regional pricing, but for Steam it is ok.

Even if GOG offered a game with regional pricing (and you would refuse to buy it from GOG due to that), you could still buy it from Steam instead. A game appearing on GOG does not prevent you from buying it from Steam, if you wish to do so.
I'm a bit torn here. Seeing a big publisher (Nordic games) leave, because we don't want regional pricing is ok in my eyes. Seeing a big publisher leave, because we don't want regional pricing, while a lot of games get regional pricing without even telling us (Daedalic games and several others) is at least a bit strange.

Hope it's not the beginning of the end of GOG.
Ragnarblackmane: I am really disappointed that so many excellent games are being removed. No way I can afford all of them now,eventually I'll have to get some on Steam.
There's no "have to" about it. There's plenty of games I'd love to have that are on Steam. I've bought a grand total of none of them.