It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
This is sad to see so many games go at once. I can't help but be kind of amused by the fact that apparently apparently neither EA nor Ubi have issues with GoG new pricing scheme but it's Nordic who does...
Petrell: Isn't there a lack of color or domincance of shades of grey in general? Frontpage is especially ugly. It's like they tried to emulate turd known as Windows 8, especially it's god awfull modern UI. :-(
lunah: Windows 8/Metro is a flat design. The new GoG.com is not flat, as evident by the shadows/gradients behind elements. This makes a world of difference for the better. However, the new design is less efficient than the old design, and I have to scroll more to see the same amount of content as before. I believe this is a compromise to make the site display better on smaller screens (smartphones). I have not yet viewed GoG.com on a smartphone because I don't have one, but I think it is better to make separate design for small screens and normal screens, instead of lazy compromises that degrade the UI experience for desktop/normal-sized-screen users.
Except it looks worse on my small 15" 1366x768 screen. The top banner (the what's new banner) is all I see on front page unless I scroll down. I used to be able to see about half of front page on old layout :-( They seem to have changed fonts too as page font is lot bigger than one used in forums so now I need to zoom in or out depending whitch I'm reading. Pretty much everything (except things that did not change) takes more space than they used to.

Lol! Games pull down menu only barely fits my screen! Who designed this shit?
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Petrell
So why is black mirror on there?
It's only been up on gog for like 2 months
A pity about so many games leaving. Especially good games likt the Spellforce series or Desperados. It's always a shame to see the offer get slimmer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Breja
The heck? Some of these only just got here!
Petrell: There is one (ugly) possibility, the regional difference Nordic wanted is greater than GOG 30% cut would cover. Simplified excample: Product costs 100$ in US and 200 in EU. GOG's cut is 60$ but in order to do fair pricing package they would have to give each EU customer 100$ back in store credit so it'd end up as 40$ loss per unit sold for GOG.

Maybe someone should check how they're priced elsewhere...
Pheace: GOG's cut is 30% (+/-) of whatever they sell for, this should apply the same to Euro pricing so there's really no difference to GOG between games with regional pricing, it all comes down to the same thing. So I doubt that's the issue here.
Yes but GOG offers to give back the money difference that is over the US price. In my (absurd) example EU price would be double that of US so GOG would have to give 100$ fair price package to every EU customer (so price of game for EU customer would be 100$ instead of 200$ because they'd get 100$ back in store credit) but GOG's 30% cut from the 200$ price would only amount to 60$ so GOG would make 40$ loss each game sold to EU.
Even if you aren't a fan snag the Spellforce titles because in here they work great and on disc it's 50/50 you will even get the damn things installed! :P
Petrell: Yes but GOG offers to give back the money difference that is over the US price. In my (absurd) example EU price would be double that of US so GOG would have to give 100$ fair price package to every EU customer (so price of game for EU customer would be 100$ instead of 200$ because they'd get 100$ back in store credit) but GOG's 30% cut from the 200$ price would only amount to 60$ so GOG would make 40$ loss each game sold to EU.
Let's take a more realistic example; Jack Keane 2 is the most expensive Nordic game sold here on GOG for $29.99 or €29.99 for regional pricing on Europe. This would amount to about $39.6. Now, 30% from $39.6 is about $11.9 and the fair price package would amount to $9.6, leaving GOG with a $2.3 profit. Obviously, this number would be smaller in less expensive games, which would raise the question of whether it would be particularly profitable for GOG to sell all Nordic's catalog fully regionally-priced.
This isn't the end of the world. Most of those titles are recognizable, but half of them are forgettable. The other half are genuine classics, but many of them have been shoveled for years at other sites. It's not like the heart of the catalog is going away. Hopefully GOG and the affected publishers can work out a new arrangement in the future when other distribution deals come up for review.
tinyE: Even if you aren't a fan snag the Spellforce titles because in here they work great and on disc it's 50/50 you will even get the damn things installed! :P
Not to mention that the disc version of Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars had TAGES DRM in the US, and I think it was Starforce in the EU.
Petrell: There is one (ugly) possibility, the regional difference Nordic wanted is greater than GOG 30% cut would cover.

...Maybe someone should check how they're priced elsewhere...
undeadcow: On SteamPrices.com SpellForce 1, for example, is $9.99, 8.99 pounds ($16.56), and 9.99 euros ($13.19).

This might be an issue; excepting that G-Doc explicitly states the issue is GOG's current conversion pricing tiers and not regional pricing. http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post226
But that does not make sense. GOG accepting more currencies would in no way affect Nordic games. However your in your above example GOG's fair price package for UK customers would be ~6.57$ (16.56$-9.99$) when their cut of the price would only be 4,97$ (30% of 16.56$) meaning 1.6$ loss to GOG per game sold to UK. For EU it would be 3.20$ (13.19$-9.99$) with cut of 3.96$ (30% of 13.19$) meaning 0.76$ profit per game sold.

Is this kind of pricing common with Nordic Games?
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Petrell
Xian97: Not to mention that the disc version of Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars had TAGES DRM in the US, and I think it was Starforce in the EU.
No DRM in SpellForce Universe.
ReynardFox: Oh what the hell is this?!

GOG, may I ask, what's better, a few games regionaly priced.. or no games at all?

There goes my hopes for Darksiders... I am seriously depressed.
I was hoping to buy Darksiders and Darksiders 2 from GOG as well, especially with the Linux clients having been confirmed for both games. I really hope this situation breeds a positive result for customers.
Really sad to see some of the games go - especially Gothic + Black Mirror.

I just bought both of the games and were expecting the final third one land here in no time :/

Oh well, I hope these things with developers/publisher will be resolved quickly.

It makes all the other news more bittersweet.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Tarhiel
TCMU2009: Exactly. I don't know if their raging earlier this year is why Nordic is now leaving, but I'm betting it didn't help. GOG has proven that they are willing to work with people to compensate them for more expensive regions. If you don't like it, then leave. There are always more gamers wanting DRM free games to make up for your absence. There are only so many publishers willing to put up with pricing restrictions, though.
Matruchus: Guys you really don't know what you are talking about. Gog has regional pricing since March if you don't know yet and it never wen't back on its regional pricing decision from February. The only difference to the other stores is that gog is prepared to go and pay for the difference in pricing for all the countries beside US that get an unfair price and that is all and that is with instore credit which is worthless outside of the gog wallet.

And since you have no idea about regional pricing check the price changes in the games catalog that occured today since a lot of games now are actually regionally priced - so much for that bad guys that were against regional pricing.

Confirmation of regional pricing change today is here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games
Ah, my mistake. I haven't really paid much attention to the issue since March; I thought the freakout was undeserved then to be honest. I didn't realize some games did keep the regional pricing.