It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Oh gods, I don't get my first paycheck until that Tuesday! This hurts...
The worst part of this is that it's possible this is only the first publisher of many to reconsider having their games here. I really hope that doesn't happen.

I can finally say I got Painkiller... not sure if I will pick up any others though.
phaolo: Should I also re-consider any of these?

- Gothic 3
I'd say so. The community patch makes it better (the GOG version has the second to latest patch, but the latest patch improves performance). It's not as good as the first 2, but it's still a decent open world ARPG.

phaolo: - Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE
Absolutely not. This game offers nothing that the original G3 had, but removed much.
Oh man :(
This is sad, but who knows, some may find their way back to the GOG catalogue!

So guys, which Guild game should I get? Gathered from another discussion that they are pretty much all the same, as in the same concept without any other connections (IIRC), so which is the best? Or should I just get them all? :D
TCMU2009: Exactly. I don't know if their raging earlier this year is why Nordic is now leaving, but I'm betting it didn't help. GOG has proven that they are willing to work with people to compensate them for more expensive regions. If you don't like it, then leave. There are always more gamers wanting DRM free games to make up for your absence. There are only so many publishers willing to put up with pricing restrictions, though.
Guys you really don't know what you are talking about. Gog has regional pricing since March if you don't know yet and it never wen't back on its regional pricing decision from February. The only difference to the other stores is that gog is prepared to go and pay for the difference in pricing for all the countries beside US that get an unfair price and that is all and that is with instore credit which is worthless outside of the gog wallet.

And since you have no idea about regional pricing check the price changes in the games catalog that occured today since a lot of games now are actually regionally priced - so much for that bad guys that were against regional pricing.

Confirmation of regional pricing change today is here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Matruchus
Reever: Oh man :(
This is sad, but who knows, some may find their way back to the GOG catalogue!

So guys, which Guild game should I get? Gathered from another discussion that they are pretty much all the same, as in the same concept without any other connections (IIRC), so which is the best? Or should I just get them all? :D
Judas would recommend the first one. Others would recommend The Guild 2 - Renaissance because it contains all the content of the previous Guild 2 games.
phaolo: snip
Where did you get this - "Low-avg reviews" and "Just bad"? O.o
I noticed this about many games in your posts whenever there is a promo or sale.
karnak1: I hope this will teach GOG not to listen to the noise of the rabble and to instead go with that which better serves the customer.

I bet that most of the guys who cried about the Regional Pricing will have no trouble in buying the missing games in Steam.

And I also wonder (even though I'm aware that this is a personal speculation) wether all those people who complained and whined and roared were really supporters of GOG's service.

Personally I have no trouble with regional pricing. And I own 400+ games on GOG.
And no, I'm not rich. I almost earn the minimum wage.
Wurzelkraft: This is not about regional pricing because a lot of games have it since today. Look here. The problem seems to be related to the currency conversion but NOT regional pricing.
Then I offer my apologies. I hadn't still noticed the new regional pricing until you pointed it to me.

Yet if such a new pricing is needed in order to mantain or acquire new games then I stand my ground: So be it!
phaolo: snip
triock: Where did you get this - "Low-avg reviews" and "Just bad"? O.o
I noticed this about many games in your posts whenever there is a promo or sale.
I guess everything less than 4.5 stars is low-avg reviews to him. :P
high rated
I'd rather GOG stand on it's principles which is why most of us are here rather than make a few developers happy. We knew someone wasn't going to be thrilled and a few games would be lost. It's better to get the bad apples out now. Sure it was only regional pricing then, but who's to say devs wouldn't start demanding to allow DRM in a few games? To be sure a few of those games in the 35 are sad losses, but really it's not worth losing a pillar over.
Wurzelkraft: This is not about regional pricing because a lot of games have it since today. Look here. The problem seems to be related to the currency conversion but NOT regional pricing.
I wonder what the barrier is to GOG having more equivilant current conversion rates; GOG seems willing to eat the difference with regional pricing (by giving store credit) so it's curious GOG wouldn't just absorb the -0.07 euro per $5.99 item difference or even change their tier to match better (granted conversion rates vary).

G-Doc said GOG is chosing to remove these games, not Nordic/Frictional, implying GOG could just as well continue to sell them.

karnak1: Yet if such a new pricing is needed in order to mantain or acquire new games then I stand my ground: So be it!
So pricing that disadvantages one of GOG's seemingly loyal publishing partners is suppose to appeal to other previosuly hesitant publishers? That seems inconsistent.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by undeadcow
Trajhenkhetlive: but really it's not worth losing a pillar over.
That pillar being?
Trajhenkhetlive: I'd rather GOG stand on it's principles which is why most of us are here rather than make a few developers happy. We knew someone wasn't going to be thrilled and a few games would be lost. It's better to get the bad apples out now. Sure it was only regional pricing then, but who's to say devs wouldn't start demanding to allow DRM in a few games? To be sure a few of those games in the 35 are sad losses, but really it's not worth losing a pillar over.
I suggest you read this thread:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/has_gog_reached_maximum_gamage/page1
undeadcow: I wonder what the barrier is to GOG having more equivilant current conversion rates; GOG seems willing to eat the difference with regional pricing (by giving store credit) so it's curious GOG wouldn't just absorb the -0.07 euro per $5.99 item difference or even change their tier to match better (granted conversion rates vary).

G-Doc said GOG is chosing to remove these games, not Nordic/Frictional, implying GOG could just as well continue to sell them.
Exchange rates fluctuate so maybe Nordic was insisting on daily changes to the prices? I have no idea honestly now that regional pricing is out of the way.
ReynardFox: Additional complaint, new message notifications are grey instead of red? I barely noticed the one I just got.
IAmSinistar: Worse, for me it just appears next to the Account button. It doesn't indicate if it's a forum reply or PM or what.
Isn't there a lack of color or domincance of shades of grey in general? Frontpage is especially ugly. It's like they tried to emulate turd known as Windows 8, especially it's god awfull modern UI. :-(