It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Ok, I already own all the good titles from this list, except for The Guild 2 Renaissance (a nice game, right?)

Should I also re-consider any of these?
(No, not JK2, come on)

Low-avg reviews:
- Spellforce 2 Demons Of The Past (5$)
- Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
- Summoner
- Red Faction 1
- Black Mirror 1
- Gothic 3

Probably just bad:
- Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE
- Desperados 2
- Red Faction 2
- Black Mirror 2
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Full Spectrum Warrior TH
- Dark Fall 1: The Journal
- Dark Fall 2: Lights Out
- AquaNox 1
- AquaNox 2
- Alien Nations 1
- Alien Nations 2 Gold Edition
- Neighbours From Hell Compilation
- Panzer Elite Special Edition
- Chaser

It's sad that so many games are being removed, though : (

Search tag: phaolo1
Post edited August 27, 2014 by phaolo
phaolo: Ok, I already own all the good titles from this list, except for The Guild 2 Renaissance (a nice game, right?)

(No, not JK2, come on)

Low-avg reviews:
- Summoner
It's been a long time since I've played it, but back in the day I really enjoyed Summoner. It was a day one purchase for me here.
Good work people. You didn't want regional pricing policy. You got it. Also for free removal of 35 games from the catalogue. Your whining made GOG thinnier, thanks.
vojtasass: Good work people. You didn't want regional pricing policy. You got it. Also for free removal of 35 games from the catalogue. Your whining made GOG thinnier, thanks.
You do know that some guys are seeing the whole catalog regionally priced now. Regional pricing is here since march so I really don't know what you are talkin about.
Coelocanth: My thought is since the deals they've made with other distribution services involve gouging the customer where 1 dollar is converted to 1 euro, they couldn't undercut all those other distributors by doing a fair conversion on GOG.
That's how I read G-Doc post as well, which makes pretty doubtful that the situation could be worked out in the future.
WildHobgoblin: Not to argue just for argument's sake, but we still do not know exactly what was the problem with Nordic Games, your assumption seems quite plausible, but it is still an assumption. It appears that most other publishers were able and willing to adjust (or like Daedalic, take advantage of, it seems), so maybe this can be worked out in the future somehow...
It seems like G-Doc is saying that differences in regional currencies are the issue specifically with these Nordic/Frictional games.
G-Doc: ...we're starting to use our own pricing scheme that brings the value of non-US Dollar prices as close to their actual equivalents as we can help it. A game with $5.99 price tag - for example - will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 Pounds Sterling, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively.

...Unfortunately, some of our developer and publisher friends had other obligations that made it impossible to reach a common ground...
So, can someone clarify what made Nordic Games (and Focus?) abandon ship?

Was it the fair regional pricing stuff? If so, then why haven't more publishers decided to leave?

Regardless, there's now a $20 dent in my wallet. Maybe it's a publicity stunt...
Post edited August 27, 2014 by pbaggers
phaolo: Ok, I already own all the good titles from this list, except for The Guild 2 Renaissance (a nice game, right?)

(No, not JK2, come on)

Low-avg reviews:
- Spellforce 2 Demons Of The Past (5$)
- Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
- Summoner
- Red Faction 1
- Black Mirror 1
- Gothic 3

Probably just bad:
- Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE
- Desperados 2
- Red Faction 2
- Black Mirror 2
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Full Spectrum Warrior TH
- Dark Fall 1: The Journal
- Dark Fall 2: Lights Out
- AquaNox 1
- AquaNox 2
- Alien Nations 1
- Alien Nations 2 Gold Edition
- Neighbours From Hell Compilation
- Panzer Elite Special Edition
- Chaser

It's sad that so many games are being removed, though : (

Search tag: phaolo1
- Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich and Gothic 3)with community patch) are excellent games.

Desperados 2, Aquanox 1, and Full Spectrum Warrior are also good.
I bought the Full Spectrum Warrior Series and the Spellforce Series.

I guess I might as well use this sad sale for something good.

Didn't pull the trigger on the Guild Series since I wasn't expecting to buy anything for a while and didn't want to spend more on that.

I previously owned the Gothic Series, Desperado I and Silver.

I am a big fan of owning the entire series as long as at least one is awesome so it's sad that Desperado II is going away. Oh well, maybe they will come back later.

Have fun all.
vojtasass: Good work people. You didn't want regional pricing policy. You got it. Also for free removal of 35 games from the catalogue. Your whining made GOG thinnier, thanks.
You missed the point.
Once you allow (unfair) regional pricing for some companies, all start to use it.
The only way to avoid bad prices is to resist to this practice.
Hopefully the removed titles will come back in the future, bacause even Nordic doesn't seem happy to leave (but has to).
Post edited August 27, 2014 by phaolo
G-Doc: I hope this puts things into proper perspective, and clears out at least most of your questions.
amok: so, what it boils down to is that we can blame all those people who had that 'righteous outcry' against regional pricing for this?
No. You are focusing on wrong actors. Blame the publishers, not GOG.
Stay strong GOG!
Pica-Ludica: Thank you for the explanation, this clears up things quite a bit. Thank you, also, for always trying to act in the best interests of your customers. However, I do beg you - and that's a general "you", aimed at all the PR people at GOG - to actually make your public announcements this clear in the first place. I'm sorry to say this, but while you guys are truly awesome on many levels, your communication skills are abysmal when it comes to conveying that kind of important information to your users. This post shouldn't be a blue reply buried in a forum thread - its contents should be on the front page of the site, fully visible. Please, please, please stop shooting yourself in the foot with your anouncements: by making them vague and not explaining such drastic actions as the removal of games from the catalogue, you cause far more alarm and uproar than if you came out openly with the reasons behind it. Of course we don't need to know all the details, and of course there is sensible information that you guys are not at liberty to discuss. But at least *this* level of information, as exemplified by the quoted post, is absolutely vital in order to keep a good relationship with your users. Please take this into consideration when you next make an important change to GOG.
Just to reinforce this to GOG. Why not just post it in first place?
Post edited August 27, 2014 by tokisto
At this rate, GOG will run out of games to sell relatively soon... Don't worry though, DRM-free movies will fill the void. Rejoice.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Phaidox
tokisto: [..]
Dude, please.. don't create useless walls of text with replies -_-
From initial observations in the other thread it would appear Daedelic games are now regionally priced however, so if they did allow one publisher to have regional pricing on their old catalog, why is Nordic leaving then?
Sad to see a number of titles going (Spellforce, Aquanox which I never could get into fully), and recently added ones (Summoner).

Other games (horror based, war based) never interested me much, and I'll pass on getting them regardless it being a high discount... Although if I could buy them and get individual gift certificates per game, then I would and use them to probably trade at a later date...

Honestly I expect to see these games crop up again here on GoG, I certainly hope so; Especially as many that are probably going to be coming from non US countries with better pricing...