It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
So none of them are goodbye for every deal, interesting.

I guess I will need to pick up black mirror before Monday
CelestialBunny: I dont have Gothic 1 GOG version yet, so if that gets de-listed it means my collection will be incomplete, I dont see that on sale though, so whats going on? Why are they not all being de-listed?
Gothic 1 isn't being removed as it's published by a different company to the rest of the Gothic games. You're safe. :)
ALH: I'm sorry if i missed something but i had extra gift copies of Torchlight and AW: American Nightmare.Both have vanshied from my Gift List.Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, several of us over on http://www.gog.com/forum/general/welcome_to_the_fresher_better_gogcom/

No bluetext response yet. I'm going to wait a while longer and then contact Support if we haven't heard anything.
Not Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within! How will I spend the long nights during Insomnia sales without the comforting sales block of the Keane?
This is terrible news and I am sure GOG with fall with such a loss.
We must fight to bring it back! Bring back the Keane! Bring back the Keane!
Additional complaint, new message notifications are grey instead of red? I barely noticed the one I just got.
retsuseiba: Heh, looks like our beloved black magic bots found a new home.
You are speaking in riddles...
high rated
EBToriginal: These movies however are even worse. Just stop whatever fever dream convinced you anyone here wanted these terrible turds,
No. GOG should continue. I was waiting for a long time for anyone to roll out a DRM-free video service. All those the likes of Netflix and other DRMed services are sickening. Headweb is interesting and DRM-free but it's available only in Scandinavia. Surely GOG will have hard time convincing stupid publishers to release films DRM-free, but someone should start the effort! It worked for games, it can work for video as well.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by shmerl
Please, guys, don't shoot the messenger. I don't think GOG removes those games because they want to have less games to sell.

I appreciate G-Doc's explanation - it sounds plausible (except for that "re-introduce in the future"-part).

Regional pricing is just a money-grab. I find it commendable that GOG takes a stand against it. If there are publishers that insist on ripping off customers, then, with all respect, to hell with them. Bending over for those companies isn't a solution.
ReynardFox: Additional complaint, new message notifications are grey instead of red? I barely noticed the one I just got.
Worse, for me it just appears next to the Account button. It doesn't indicate if it's a forum reply or PM or what.
Coelocanth: My thought is since the deals they've made with other distribution services involve gouging the customer where 1 dollar is converted to 1 euro, they couldn't undercut all those other distributors by doing a fair conversion on GOG.
That's pretty much how G-Doc's post read to me as well. Must've not been a problem (or at least less of a problem) as long as GOG only had USD-based prices, but with additional currencies now introduced it's a different ballgame for the publishers vis-a-vis their other distribution contracts.
DoctorPirx: Please, guys, don't shoot the messenger. I don't think GOG removes those games because they want to have less games to sell.

I appreciate G-Doc's explanation - it sounds plausible (except for that "re-introduce in the future"-part).

Regional pricing is just a money-grab. I find it commendable that GOG takes a stand against it. If there are publishers that insist on ripping off customers, then, with all respect, to hell with them. Bending over for those companies isn't a solution.
Not making any compromises to push the DRM free agenda doesn't work either. Sometimes you have to lay with the devil in order to get your way, there's no two ways about it, and overpriced choice is still better than NO choice.
Thanks GoG for letting us know, right on time, before s*it happens! Grrr, this time, copyright holders surpassed ALL decency! The hell?? Removing GOTHIC, from good old games? THE, Gothic??? Especially the 2 gold, will be a heavy and crucial loss.

On the other hand, come on everyone, visit that crap called steam store, and search for the titles that are going to be removed from GoG here... Exactly! Almost 80% of the games that are going to be removed from here, they are going to be sold or continue being sold, over there, on the cornerstore of that obese bastard!

Get those titles because some of them are really good (especially gothic and amnesia, or even penumbra). I am so going to get myself some until tuesday... But after the s*itstorm hits us Goglodytes, DON'T, FOR THE LOVE OF GOG and GOD, buy them as steam junk there. If you happen to miss the goodbye sales for ANY reason, Cereal Killers and other assorted associates, give away these titles, in KAT -MEOWOW-! Get them in Kat's place -MEOWOW-!

Remember, after this new insult and cowardly hit, ANYONE buying ANY of these titles on steam, will be a faqing retard, traitor, and indirect associate to the backstabs and hits against GoG and DRM Free cause, none the wiser also.
IAmSinistar: Worse, for me it just appears next to the Account button. It doesn't indicate if it's a forum reply or PM or what.
Ew, though it did appear alongside the correct option for me, this UI rollout was definitely not properly tested nor thought out.

Edit: I just got another message and it showed only on the account tab as you described. :s
Post edited August 27, 2014 by ReynardFox
ALH: I'm sorry if i missed something but i had extra gift copies of Torchlight and AW: American Nightmare.Both have vanshied from my Gift List.Anyone else have this problem?
VanishedOne: Yes, several of us over on http://www.gog.com/forum/general/welcome_to_the_fresher_better_gogcom/

No bluetext response yet. I'm going to wait a while longer and then contact Support if we haven't heard anything.
Ok thx for the reply.
G-Doc: ...
tfishell: Why can't we get detailed explanations like this sooner? :)

Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to blame Nordic.

In any case, I'll be taking a "backseat" of sorts to see where GOG goes in the next few months. As I've said elsewhere the lack of any new "big-name" publisher releases of classic games continues to be disconcerting, and that + seeing wishlist entries "completed" are essentially the main reasons I hang around here. DRM-free indie movies really don't interest me.
I went ahead & bought the 27 I didn't have (I rationalize it as a way to say "Thanks for the all the fun, I wish you well but our paths diverge (at least for now) I hope we can be friends again in the future."