It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
The thread at NordicGames is ready:
http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?186204-Why-will-the-whole-NordicGamesCatalog-be-pulled-off-from-GOG&p=2680511#post2680511
I am so depressed right now. :/
I was tempted to get a few games before they get removed, but with all those things going behind curtains I don't really feel like giving my money to either GOG or Nordic (plus those other publishers also in this sale) at the moment...
mistermumbles: I find this quite strange, particularly as the games being pulled would have still cost roughly the same amount with the new local currency option. ... I just don't get it.
The problem is that GOG did NOT adobt the 1$=1€ pricing policy used elsewhere. Prices are still aproximately same everywhere, but now you can pay with your own currency in some regions (4.49€ instead of 5.99$ for example in Eurozone/EU. If this works as it should your bank should not charge you for currency convertion if you pay with your local currency.). You can still pay in $ if you wish as far as I can see.
CelestialBunny: I dont have Gothic 1 GOG version yet, so if that gets de-listed it means my collection will be incomplete, I dont see that on sale though, so whats going on? Why are they not all being de-listed?
The first Gothic game was self published by Piranha Bytes.
I think most people will cry over jack keane 2.
ALH: I'm sorry if i missed something but i had extra gift copies of Torchlight and AW: American Nightmare.Both have vanshied from my Gift List.Anyone else have this problem?
Crap. My Alan Wake giftcode is gone as well. :/
IronArcturus: What's going on? Why is GOG losing so many games? :(
G-Doc: The original news post is not that detailed, so I suppose some further explanation is needed. Our aim was to give you - as always - best possible DRM-Free digital distribution platform, focused on the people who use it. We believe in freedom of choice and fair treatment for all. For that reason, as we're introducing local currency payments, we're following the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, in other words, that 1:1 currency exchange rate for digital goods prices make absolutely no sense and are not fair to the buyers.

For that reason, along with the local currency payment option, we're starting to use our own pricing scheme that brings the value of non-US Dollar prices as close to their actual equivalents as we can help it. A game with $5.99 price tag - for example - will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 Pounds Sterling, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively.

Now, this is not your standard approach to pricing - just like our DRM-Free policy is not a standard approach to digital goods ownership. We did our best - and so did all of our partners, to keep all of the games in our catalog and offer them in the pricing scheme we've figured out, that we think is fair to all of you guys. Unfortunately, some of our developer and publisher friends had other obligations that made it impossible to reach a common ground. So, despite our combined efforts, the only sensible thing left to do, was to withdraw the problematic titles from our offer for the time being.

We know this is quite a radical step, and we're sorry if this causes you any concern. We do hope, that we'll figure this out in the future and will be able to re-introduce all these games to the GOG.com offer. There's definitely the will to do that on both ours, and our partners' side. For the time being, they've been kind enough to offer you a last chance to get the games we're removing from sales with a nice discount, so they can remain in your collections regardless of their future fate on GOG.com.

I hope this puts things into proper perspective, and clears out at least most of your questions.
G-Doc only Amnesia: Dark Decent is listed as being removed - is A Machine for Pigs still going to be here or was that missed out?
G-Doc: ...A game with $5.99 price tag - for example - will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 Pounds Sterling, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively...
Interestingly ALL titles just got more expensive for users with the exception of European (cheaper) and American (same) currencies.

Price increases/decreases according to the $5.99 currency equivilants posted by G-Doc:
-0.05 Euros (or 7 US cents) cheaper ($5.99 = 4.54 euros, current GOG euro price is 4.49);
+0.08 Pounds Sterling (or 12 US cents) more expensive ($5.99 = 3.61 pounds, current GOG pound price is 3.69)
+0.07 Austrailan Dollars (or 7 US center) more expensive ($5.99 = 6.42 australian dollars, current a.d. GOG standard is 6.49)
+ 2.47 roubles (or 8 US cents) more expensive ($5.99 = 216.53 roubles, current rouble GOG standard is 219)

Assuming developers/publishers wouldn't object to making MORE money on games; does that imply the "dealbreaker" is a slighty 0.05 euro reduction for titles in that currency? Also, higher priced titles would likely have a greater difference in price tiers.

This is NOT fair regional pricing because now ALL titles are different values in different regions (even if it is consistent and differences are considered minor). I don't understand why GOG can't keep prices strictly equivilant as units of currency allow (it seems the currency match could go down to 0.01 even if the price tier is an awkward 3.61 pounds).

Currency conversion rates per Google.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by undeadcow
Getcomposted: Back to the games that are being withdrawn!

What are your Must-Haves?
What are your Mehs?
What are your Huh, at that price...?

Lists! :)
My must-haves of that list would be Gothic 2 (which I was just wonderfully given), Amnesia and Penumbra, Painkiller, and Freedom Force. Not enough Freedom Force love out there.
amok: so, what it boils down to is that we can blame all those people who had that 'righteous outcry' against regional pricing for this?
I think it sounds more like Nordic didn't like the idea that 1 dollar does not equal 1 euro. the fair pricing has been around much longer and Nordic has supported gog.
Heh, looks like our beloved black magic bots found a new home.
high rated
IronArcturus: What's going on? Why is GOG losing so many games? :(
G-Doc: The original news post is not that detailed, so I suppose some further explanation is needed. Our aim was to give you - as always - best possible DRM-Free digital distribution platform, focused on the people who use it. We believe in freedom of choice and fair treatment for all. For that reason, as we're introducing local currency payments, we're following the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, in other words, that 1:1 currency exchange rate for digital goods prices make absolutely no sense and are not fair to the buyers.

For that reason, along with the local currency payment option, we're starting to use our own pricing scheme that brings the value of non-US Dollar prices as close to their actual equivalents as we can help it. A game with $5.99 price tag - for example - will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 Pounds Sterling, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively.

Now, this is not your standard approach to pricing - just like our DRM-Free policy is not a standard approach to digital goods ownership. We did our best - and so did all of our partners, to keep all of the games in our catalog and offer them in the pricing scheme we've figured out, that we think is fair to all of you guys. Unfortunately, some of our developer and publisher friends had other obligations that made it impossible to reach a common ground. So, despite our combined efforts, the only sensible thing left to do, was to withdraw the problematic titles from our offer for the time being.

We know this is quite a radical step, and we're sorry if this causes you any concern. We do hope, that we'll figure this out in the future and will be able to re-introduce all these games to the GOG.com offer. There's definitely the will to do that on both us, and our partners' side. For the time being, they've been kind enough to offer you a last chance to get the games we're removing from sales with a nice discount, so they can remain in your collections regardless of their future fate on GOG.com.

I hope this puts things into proper perspective, and clears out at least most of your questions.
Thank you for the explanation, this clears up things quite a bit. Thank you, also, for always trying to act in the best interests of your customers. However, I do beg you - and that's a general "you", aimed at all the PR people at GOG - to actually make your public announcements this clear in the first place. I'm sorry to say this, but while you guys are truly awesome on many levels, your communication skills are abysmal when it comes to conveying that kind of important information to your users. This post shouldn't be a blue reply buried in a forum thread - its contents should be on the front page of the site, fully visible. Please, please, please stop shooting yourself in the foot with your anouncements: by making them vague and not explaining such drastic actions as the removal of games from the catalogue, you cause far more alarm and uproar than if you came out openly with the reasons behind it. Of course we don't need to know all the details, and of course there is sensible information that you guys are not at liberty to discuss. But at least *this* level of information, as exemplified by the quoted post, is absolutely vital in order to keep a good relationship with your users. Please take this into consideration when you next make an important change to GOG.
This is pure speculation, but maybe Nordic has a contract with some European distributor that states that they can't sell games in Europe for a lower price than what that other distributor charges?
jimbob0i0: G-Doc only Amnesia: Dark Decent is listed as being removed - is A Machine for Pigs still going to be here or was that missed out?
Looks like it is staying, but becoming regionally priced.