It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
G-Doc: I hope this puts things into proper perspective, and clears out at least most of your questions.
Thanks for replying back! I will hope that GOG will still get new games in the future. Would it be possible for you to tell us about any new upcoming games?
Getcomposted: Back to the games that are being withdrawn!

What are your Must-Haves?
What are your Mehs?
What are your Huh, at that price...?

Lists! :)
Just grab the whole thing while you can, I say. :|
G-Doc: We know this is quite a radical step, and we're sorry if this causes you any concern. We do hope, that we'll figure this out in the future and will be able to re-introduce all these games to the GOG.com offer. There's definitely the will to do that on both us, and our partners' side.
Here's hoping this works out - it's not the first time games have been re-added after removal due to various issues...

It's just a shame this list is going to get much longer all of a sudden:

http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_removed_from_GOG

Of course on the other flip side of the coin there are also 'temporary' delistings there that never returned (eg Re-Volt) ...
G-Doc: ...
Why can't we get detailed explanations like this sooner? :)

Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to blame Nordic.

In any case, I'll be taking a "backseat" of sorts to see where GOG goes in the next few months. As I've said elsewhere the lack of any new "big-name" publisher releases of classic games continues to be disconcerting, and that + seeing wishlist entries "completed" are essentially the main reasons I hang around here. DRM-free indie movies really don't interest me.
Thank You for the heads up and promo GOG / NG / Frictional

NG, i'm really sorry to see you guys go, you had a nice offer on catalogue and a consistent presence on release threads (cheers, ThomNG) - i liked that. I was looking forward to more of your games to eventually show up here too. Here's hoping you guys can comeback to GOG real quick.
35 titles?! That's a lot! So I got Gothic 2 from buying the Witcher 2 pre-order back then. Played it for a few minutes but couldn't get to grips with it. What are the titles I must have? It's very sad that those classics (I hear a lot of people at cd projekt (red) speak about how the Gothic series inspired them. Pretty sad to see them going away from your store.
The pricing thing seems confusing, since Nordic has a strong presence on bundle and sales sites all over the internet (like humble store and bundle stars, which are the sites I prefer when buying bundles). The Spellforce games have been bundled numerous times in the last months, and now Gothic bundles are common. It seems they prefer Steam over GoG, but I woldn't blame them, I'd blame Nordic's confusing piorities.
I'm glad to have the Gothic series here. In fact those games were a big reason for me to join the GoG community. I'm sad that I won't be able to get the Spellforce games without DRM though.
And yes, the movies are not interesting for me at all, but I hope they add more soon, and please, movies about different subjects and not only gaming.

I'm worried about GoG being a little slow on getting new games, mostly because of the Original Sin thing. I wonder if we will have Deponia Complete? Because that's on Steam already, and I know it's just the 3 games in one go, but it also has a lot of bonuses.
I dont have Gothic 1 GOG version yet, so if that gets de-listed it means my collection will be incomplete, I dont see that on sale though, so whats going on? Why are they not all being de-listed?
G-Doc: There's definitely the will... ...our partners' side.
Fingers crossed then, it's hard to accept that the old classic games could get wrangled up so much they have to be removed...
Post edited August 27, 2014 by IanM
IAmSinistar: Thanks Doctor Groovy, it certainly helps. Naturally I am curious as to the obviously non-disclosable details, but do hope that something will be worked out eventually.
My thought is since the deals they've made with other distribution services involve gouging the customer where 1 dollar is converted to 1 euro, they couldn't undercut all those other distributors by doing a fair conversion on GOG.
Ok, time to flood the wishlist with the removed titles.
I'm sorry if i missed something but i had extra gift copies of Torchlight and AW: American Nightmare.Both have vanshied from my Gift List.Anyone else have this problem?
JinseiNGC224: I knew this was going to happen after the huge pricing stink.

I say BRING THEM BACK and price them at whatever you need to.

This is an enormous hit to the catalog, too much to be exact. You already lost another publisher (for the Arma's) a bit ago, not to mention the Fallout's at the end of last year. Words can't describe how irrate this makes me, and I was never one of the people who hated GOG for wanting to put in regional pricing.

I feel as if this is the reality check to those who cared so much for fair pricing with no exceptions, and the lame movie selection is only supposed to try to soften the blow and fill in the gap. But people don't want movies right now. They want games.

With no good selection of games, this site will fall into the shadows. I say screw fair pricing.

A few extra bucks, or no game at all? I'll go with option A.
lillywaters: I would agree. Its sad that the few cheap people are going to be the down fall of GOG in the end. We are going to run out of games from the 80s-90s to put up on this site. And in turn because people are being so cheap that they don't want to spend 15-50 which is still cheaper than most Playstation 4 games a lot of people are going to start moving to steam as that is where the newer games will be heading. If you don't want to dish out the money for a more expensive game that's your deal but now you have ruined it for the rest of the gamers here on GOG who was willing to support GOG in bringing newer and DRM free games here to the site. Its a sad day and random "movies" added to the site is not going to change the fact we are losing a lot of good games now and in the future.
Agree, this is what I feared. To realize the DRM free movement you need a lot of people. People exhausting their Good Old Games catalog and lest with new indie games. People who are willing to pay more will move to other platform to get their new games.

People who vote less with their wallet remain on GOG. Then dev / publisher look at their sales earning of GOG and other platform and think why they waste their effort on more demanding people when they get paid less?

The vicious cycle continue and GOG eventually fade away.
Anyone have anything to say about the Spellforce or Guild series???

I am missing those and was thinking about getting them but don't know if they really are that great.

So sad to see GOG losing these titles...
IronArcturus: What's going on? Why is GOG losing so many games? :(
G-Doc: The original news post is not that detailed, so I suppose some further explanation is needed. Our aim was to give you - as always - best possible DRM-Free digital distribution platform, focused on the people who use it. We believe in freedom of choice and fair treatment for all. For that reason, as we're introducing local currency payments, we're following the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, in other words, that 1:1 currency exchange rate for digital goods prices make absolutely no sense and are not fair to the buyers.

For that reason, along with the local currency payment option, we're starting to use our own pricing scheme that brings the value of non-US Dollar prices as close to their actual equivalents as we can help it. A game with $5.99 price tag - for example - will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 Pounds Sterling, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively.

Now, this is not your standard approach to pricing - just like our DRM-Free policy is not a standard approach to digital goods ownership. We did our best - and so did all of our partners, to keep all of the games in our catalog and offer them in the pricing scheme we've figured out, that we think is fair to all of you guys. Unfortunately, some of our developer and publisher friends had other obligations that made it impossible to reach a common ground. So, despite our combined efforts, the only sensible thing left to do, was to withdraw the problematic titles from our offer for the time being.

We know this is quite a radical step, and we're sorry if this causes you any concern. We do hope, that we'll figure this out in the future and will be able to re-introduce all these games to the GOG.com offer. There's definitely the will to do that on both ours, and our partners' side. For the time being, they've been kind enough to offer you a last chance to get the games we're removing from sales with a nice discount, so they can remain in your collections regardless of their future fate on GOG.com.

I hope this puts things into proper perspective, and clears out at least most of your questions.
so, what it boils down to is that we can blame all those people who had that 'righteous outcry' against regional pricing for this?