It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Will gift codes bought today work next week?

If so, time to stock up for trading purposes.
Protoss: So to sum it up:
GOG introduces fair regional pricing
Publishers want to have regional ripoff pricing instead
Publishers whine and remove their games

Is that correct?
Seems like it.

In others words, publishers suck arse.
high rated
This is quite sad actually, the Gothic series is one of the best games of it's kind. Oh well.

However, if previous decisions by gog.com staff and the community are reason for this I don't see any actuall reason to be terribly sad about this matter. If the removal of a few legendary games make way for more awesome games in the future then so be it. This is just a small backstep compared to the many forward steps gog.com will make.

And who knows, maybe these games come back years after their disappearance from the catalog? Time will tell.

I'm still new to the DRM-free ideal considering I've joined gog during 2011 which isn't even long ago, lets wait and see whats coming in the next 3 years. Surely, we might even break the 1400 game mark in the end of 2017, that would be 1400 DRM free games of at least "decent" overall quality. We will probably break the 950 games mark before the Witcher 3 comes out, maybe even break the 1000 mark.

Lets all see what this future holds for us costumers, I'm just glad to be on this ride.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Dray2k
To all people that are complaining about regional prices: you know that you could switch currency in with you are paying? And there is refund program for games that can be bought only in regional prices?

I thougt that people here read annoucements first, then rant about changes, not the other way.
yogsloth: Will gift codes bought today work next week?

Yes, they will.
Did GOG edit the original post? I could have sworn there was an explaination that these titles had prices GOG did not feel could remain on offer at a price near GOG's perception of retail expectations (versus suggestion that regional pricing is at fault).

PixelBoy: It is $29.99 for you and me and that random guy somewhere in Asia, so it's a fair price.
I see your point, it's an equivilant price... but not necessarily a "fair" price indicating reasonable market value relative to other games of the same age and type.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by undeadcow
Jack Keane 2? Sad to hear this .. :(

Yes. The code is valid indefinitely :)

I've PM'd Judas asking for a confirmation on this. Hopefully when he's not snowed under by all the backlash he can give us an answer. I'm planning on stocking up a lot of giftables if so, as I already own the ones I want from this sale for myself.

foxworks: Yes. The code is valid indefinitely :)
Will they be though? Weren't the Fallout codes invalid once the sale ended?

Edit: Yeah, I had to contact support to get rid of an ungiftable Fallout pack code after the sale ended.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by ReynardFox

IAmSinistar: I've PM'd Judas asking for a confirmation on this. Hopefully when he's not snowed under by all the backlash he can give us an answer. I'm planning on stocking up a lot of giftables if so, as I already own the ones I want from this sale for myself.
There was no expiration on the ones I just purchased. As always, they should be still valid after they're pulled
IAmSinistar: I've PM'd Judas asking for a confirmation on this. Hopefully when he's not snowed under by all the backlash he can give us an answer. I'm planning on stocking up a lot of giftables if so, as I already own the ones I want from this sale for myself.
foxworks: There was no expiration on the ones I just purchased. As always, they should be still valid after they're pulled
My expectation as well. But I'd hate to lay out real money for another Fallout situation to unfold. I consider that unlikely though, as those were free keys that were heavily abused.
undeadcow: Did GOG edit the original post? I could have sworn there was an explaination that these titles had prices GOG did not feel could remain on offer at a price near GOG's perception of retail expectations (versus suggestion that regional pricing is at fault).

I see your point, it's an equivilant price... but not necessarily a "fair" price indicating reasonable market value relative to other games of the same age and type.
[...]Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog, as we currently have no way to keep their pricing in line with our standards.[...]

This sentence got changed.
foxworks: Yes. The code is valid indefinitely :)
ReynardFox: Will they be though? Weren't the Fallout codes invalid once the sale ended?
That was completely different. Those codes were free and to eliminate abuse, were valid for a limited time.
high rated
I don't really understand this. People keep mentioning that this is because of regional pricing....but GOG allows for regional pricing (even if they do cover the difference from their own pocket). Heck, the introduction of store credit makes it possible to do regional pricing with older games as well(FPP codes weren't a good solution for those, since the price difference with older games isn't large enough to justify giving out $5.99 codes). Plus, it didn't seem like flat pricing was a problem when Nordic originally added these games....why would it be an issue now?

In any case, I'm equally as disappointed as everyone else about this....and this is happening right as I'm experiencing issues with PayPal, too. =( I guess I can only hope the issue will pass before this offer ends.