It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
What is the reason for games removal? I hope not the DRM sickness of the publishers afflicting them again?
high rated
budejovice: Actually, what is it with YOU people?
Bunnies?

Dust bunnies?
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Getcomposted
I don't really think it's the pricing if they were just recently planning to publish more games on GOG. :/
high rated
fortune_p_dawg: Ugh, I swear the internet is full of so many entitled cheapskate motherfuckers.
I see you're from the United States, can you start paying me the deficit when someone decides I should pay 25-50% more?
Post edited August 27, 2014 by krycek
shmerl: What is the reason for games removal? I hope not the DRM sickness of the publishers afflicting them again?
I doubt it. Nordic have their games DRM-Free on other sites (like DotEmu, GamersGate and ShinyLoot).
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Grargar
Sad to see so many good game disappear from the GOG catalogue :(.
Time to pick up the Black Mirror games I had on my wishlist.
shmerl: What is the reason for games removal? I hope not the DRM sickness of the publishers afflicting them again?
I'd also like an explanation for the removal of the games...
undeadcow: Jack Keane 2 has had a $29.99 asking price for a long time; and GOG picks now to make an issue of unfair prices?!?
It is $29.99 for you and me and that random guy somewhere in Asia, so it's a fair price.
high rated
gandalf.nho: Considering the backlash when regional pricing was first announced, guess a lot of people here prefer no games...
loki21: what is it with you people? do you pay the extra on the few games that have it? Because I do. That's why there was backlash. this argument of 'no games' is ridiculous. Me and everybody like me is complaining because there is no reason given by publishers for this push to make new titles (like The Witcher 3) vastly more expensive for some of us. Do I want games affected by regional pricing on GOG? No. I want them on Steam, where I know they will go on sale at ridiculous prices within 12 months of release.

Regional pricing remains. They haven't magically waved it away; they have started doing it more.

Sheesh.
I am in Australia, I know all about paying more over regional pricing.

I'd rather the CHOICE than NOTHING. A bit more on here means worlds of difference to me than a Steam rental, DRM free MATTERS to me.

If it's too expensive, I have something called patience I can use to wait for a sale.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by ReynardFox
A good innovation I think is the removal of the gift codes and the addition of the GOG wallet. I still have my regional pricing codes from Original Sin, and now I can use them in the next Insomnia/ Sale!
I knew this was going to happen after the huge pricing stink.

I say BRING THEM BACK and price them at whatever you need to.

This is an enormous hit to the catalog, too much to be exact. You already lost another publisher (for the Arma's) a bit ago, not to mention the Fallout's at the end of last year. Words can't describe how irrate this makes me, and I was never one of the people who hated GOG for wanting to put in regional pricing.

I feel as if this is the reality check to those who cared so much for fair pricing with no exceptions, and the lame movie selection is only supposed to try to soften the blow and fill in the gap. But people don't want movies right now. They want games.

With no good selection of games, this site will fall into the shadows. I say screw fair pricing.

A few extra bucks, or no game at all? I'll go with option A.
RayRay13000: Oh joy, where to begin:

-A new look to the site, which looks like shit.
-Movies, which I don't want anything to do with after seeing that god damn brony documentary in the catalog.
-And now games are being removed from the site, 35 to be exact.

What a wonderful update. I sure can't wait for GOG Galaxy to fuck things up even further.
I was going to expand my "this is pathetic" post, but why bother when you summarized my feelings so perfectly? The website is awful, and we lost thirty-five games, but at least we can buy a bunch of shitty documentaries!

In theory, I support the DRM-free revolution, but GOG is just so dishearteningly bad at this.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by BadDecissions
high rated
loki21: what is it with you people?

I want them on Steam,
budejovice: Actually, what is it with YOU people?
paying up to 50% more ... if that doesn't bother you, perhaps you would like to pay it for me?
high rated
So to sum it up:
GOG introduces fair regional pricing
Publishers want to have regional ripoff pricing instead
Publishers whine and remove their games

Is that correct?
This is really a shock for me! I own all games from Nordic Games here on GOG and I'm really pissed that Nordic Games leaves GOG. They released so many games lately and were active in the forum. Why are you leaving us?????