It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
In real words you want to keep in control .
Steam is the perfect place , you pay the rent and you can go ape .
Publishers are not ready for the free market .
hi everyone i was going to get some of the games in the list i'e
DESPERADOS: WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE @ $1.49
DESPERADOS 2: COOPER'S REVENGE @ $2.49
RED FACTION @ $1.99 goes up
THE BLACK MIRROR @ $2.49 goes up
BLACK MIRROR 2 @ $2.49 goes up
now here's the problem when i go to the checkout some of them suddenly increase in price admittedly not by much but still more than the listed price

i've sent an email asking why but to no avail,

is anyone else having this problem?
dremulator: hi everyone i was going to get some of the games in the list i'e
now here's the problem when i go to the checkout some of them suddenly increase in price admittedly not by much but still more than the listed price

I think that has to do with regional pricing. I could be wrong, but I heard they give you credit back for that?

Man, I'm confused as hell, I thought GOG didn't do that?...
dremulator: hi everyone i was going to get some of the games in the list i'e

djdarko: I think that has to do with regional pricing. I could be wrong, but I heard they give you credit back for that?

that's was what i thought at first, but it doesn't happen on all of the games just a few ,which is quite frustrating as i had a few in my basket which only totaled about £20 which is about 33.22 US Dollars, i hope someone from the team answers my email
djdarko: I think that has to do with regional pricing. I could be wrong, but I heard they give you credit back for that?

dremulator: that's was what i thought at first, but it doesn't happen on all of the games just a few ,which is quite frustrating as i had a few in my basket which only totaled about £20 which is about 33.22 US Dollars, i hope someone from the team answers my email
I don't see your problem in my computer. Do you pay by paypal? If so, there might be extra charges.....
Same with some prepaid cards
Attachments:
order.jpg (117 Kb)
Still a bit saddened that GOG are getting rid of all these games from their catalogue. I mean, if they're removing games like Freedom Force Vs the 3rd Reich, then it's pretty much a no that they'll get the first Freedom Force game in. I was waiting for them to do that so that I could get them both at the same time :(

And there are many others on the list that should remain on GOG.

These time-out distribution deals that some of these publishers have with GOG seem a bit mad. You get the impression that they're still a bit unsure of the DRM free market.

Ah well, I suppose I'll have to get both Freedom Force games from Gamersgate. At least they're still DRM free on there.
dremulator: that's was what i thought at first, but it doesn't happen on all of the games just a few ,which is quite frustrating as i had a few in my basket which only totaled about £20 which is about 33.22 US Dollars, i hope someone from the team answers my email
phandom: I don't see your problem in my computer. Do you pay by paypal? If so, there might be extra charges.....
Same with some prepaid cards
no i don't think it's paypal , on the promo page alot of titles are $2.49 which should be about £1.50 but when i go to pay they change price, for instance http://www.gog.com/game/black_mirror_ii is $2.49 ,if i use an american ip it is $2.49 at a(75%) off of the price

using my british ip it's £1.59
at (73%) off of the price

hm so it looks like it a regional thing :(
dremulator: no i don't think it's paypal , on the promo page alot of titles are $2.49 which should be about £1.50 but when i go to pay they change price, for instance http://www.gog.com/game/black_mirror_ii is $2.49 ,if i use an american ip it is $2.49 at a(75%) off of the price

using my british ip it's £1.59
at (73%) off of the price

hm so it looks like it a regional thing :(
Oh, I see what you mean now. I noticed it too (see image, all those games are 60% off in dollars).
It must be the rounding in different currency.
In euro prices €1.89 is the 42,02% of €4.49. In dollar prices $2.39 is 39.89% of $5.99.

I believe the need to set the price at x.99€ is causing this difference.
It's only 1% or 2% so it's ok with me.
My bank charges me 4% extra for buying in dollars, so it's still better for me.
Attachments:
order2.jpg (162 Kb)
Post edited September 01, 2014 by phandom
high rated
Too bad these games will go. From the explanation of the Nordic guy I read that they are okay with flat prices worldwide (that's the state as it was until last week) but that they are not happy with two currencies and constantly changing prices in one of these currencies. So the question is, why couldn't GOG just let them stay with US-$ prices (the state so far) only? I really don't understand it.

Maybe there is more, maybe not. Who knows.

Anyway, to show my loyalty I bought six games and give 4 of them away

Gothic 2 Gold:

81BDE-F66C6-69D37-CEE23
B36D7-C7E88-A4C8D-17B5A

Black Mirror 2:

35121-B895D-6CFA2-1C329
93F4E-57FEA-9A754-C47AC
Post edited September 01, 2014 by Trilarion
Trilarion: Too bad these games will go. From the explanation of the Nordic guy I read that they are okay with flat prices worldwide (that's the state as it was until last week) but that they are not happy with two currencies and constantly changing prices in one of these currencies. So the question is, why couldn't GOG just let them stay with US-$ prices (the state so far) only? I really don't understand it.

Gothic 2 Gold:

81BDE-F66C6-69D37-CEE23
B36D7-C7E88-A4C8D-17B5A

Black Mirror 2:

35121-B895D-6CFA2-1C329
93F4E-57FEA-9A754-C47AC
Great choices, +1.
Trilarion: Too bad these games will go. From the explanation of the Nordic guy I read that they are okay with flat prices worldwide (that's the state as it was until last week) but that they are not happy with two currencies and constantly changing prices in one of these currencies. So the question is, why couldn't GOG just let them stay with US-$ prices (the state so far) only? I really don't understand it.

Gothic 2 Gold:

81BDE-F66C6-69D37-CEE23
B36D7-C7E88-A4C8D-17B5A

Black Mirror 2:

35121-B895D-6CFA2-1C329
93F4E-57FEA-9A754-C47AC
I got Gothic 2 Gold, thank you Trilarion.
Trilarion:
thanks for your generous gifts +1
I did go for
mirror1
mirror2
freedom
summoner

It's sad to see nordic leave but I guess that's the way it is
GOG.com: We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog -

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales.
Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content.
Waitaminute!
REMOVE games ??!
Even f the stay in bought libraries, this is quite opposite of GOG base principles.
IMHO You owe your loyal clients a little bit of explanation WHY such absurd move is made in the first place.
kylamiis: Waitaminute!
REMOVE games ??!
Even f the stay in bought libraries, this is quite opposite of GOG base principles.
IMHO You owe your loyal clients a little bit of explanation WHY such absurd move is made in the first place.
There have been about a dozen threads discussing the situation over the last few days. Blue posts, posts from the developers pulling out, links to outside threads explaining the situation.

In short, GoG is not dropping these games. There is a disagreement in terms with some of the publishers.