It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Well, rabble-rabble aside (could they, like, reset their exchange-rated prices on a set date each month or somethin'?), ended up with...
- Aquanox (extras)
- Aquanox 2 (also extras)
- The Black Mirror
- Black Mirror II
- Chaser (extras)
- Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich (have the first on Steam, now sold exclusively as bundled?)
- Gothic 3 (strength of testimony/extras/besides Steam)
- Neighbors From Hell (for extras)
- Panzer Elite (testimony, and for my mom who enjoyed tanks in her army days)
- Penumbra Collection (for extras? Skipped Amnesia, because of lacking extras)
- Silver
- Summoner

Already had Gothic 2, Painkiller, and the Dark Falls, and skipped the Spellforces (have the first on Steam), the Red Factions (no extras, but have on Steam), and Forsaken Gods (not enough positive testimony), along with others due to me figuring I wouldn't mesh well enough.

EDIT: Wow, rampant underlines. These forums are still janky for me as ever. Anyway, The Black Mirror needs to be relabeled in the library at "BLACK MIRROR, THE". Currently sitting down there with Teenagent.
Post edited September 01, 2014 by TJF588
high rated
LeonardoCornejo: Steam coud still try to harm GOG, considering how much the Steam community seems to hate GOG, I would not be surprised if the managers do so too.

[...]

But you are kind of wrong, there IS a clear-cut "bad guy", or I should rather say brutish monstrous videogame tyrant, here, and it is called Steam/Valve, they are the bullies of gaming industry, not even EA, with is bad reputation and long history of supporting dirty playing DRM has made as many dick moves toward GOG as Steam/Valve, and this ladies and mentlegen is their latest dick move, there is a good chance they bullied Nordic into doing this.
Why so bitter? Maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong part of the Steam community, but I'm across several Steam forums daily and I've never seen any GOG hate. Just as GOG has taken strong principled stances on fair pricing and DRM, Valve has done some great things for the community too. Reasons I think they're not evil: 1. Created the precedent for digital game distribution*. 2. Set massive precedent for indie game publishing. 3. Precedent for OS X; and more significantly, Linux as an open, mainstream gaming platform, without charging for titles per platform. 4. Very decent sales and no exclusive deals. 5. Speaking out against MS prospect of locking down Windows to an app-store model (with obvious self interest but it affects GOG too). 6. SteamOS is open and users are encourage to sideload software. 7. Encourages modding of their games. 8. Honours CD keys from third parties for free, which lead to an abundance of online resellers and helped drive down prices everywhere.

Many of these things paved the way for, provided content to, or left niche's for GOG to fill. GOG would not be what it is today if it weren't responding to or competing with many of these actions. We are lucky digital PC games are now dirt cheap compared to console titles, all thanks to healthy competition online.

* Yeah it was DRM, but it was also 2005. A nervous industry would simply not have dipped its toes in digital distribution without DRM. Also see: 1. iTunes began with DRM but negotiated it away in 2009, 2. Where would GOG and competition be today if Valve removed DRM in 2009? 3. offline mode and family sharing make DRM less pervasive. 4. DRM free games on Steam.

I come in peace!
Post edited September 01, 2014 by xlynx
Agree with above poster.
LeonardoCornejo: Steam coud still try to harm GOG, considering how much the Steam community seems to hate GOG, I would not be surprised if the managers do so too.

[...]

But you are kind of wrong, there IS a clear-cut "bad guy", or I should rather say brutish monstrous videogame tyrant, here, and it is called Steam/Valve, they are the bullies of gaming industry, not even EA, with is bad reputation and long history of supporting dirty playing DRM has made as many dick moves toward GOG as Steam/Valve, and this ladies and mentlegen is their latest dick move, there is a good chance they bullied Nordic into doing this.
xlynx: Why so bitter? Maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong part of the Steam community, but I'm across several Steam forums daily and I've never seen any GOG hate. Just as GOG has taken strong principled stances on fair pricing and DRM, Valve has done some great things for the community too. Reasons I think they're not evil: 1. Created the precedent for digital game distribution*. 2. Set massive precedent for indie game publishing. 3. Precedent for OS X; and more significantly, Linux as an open, mainstream gaming platform, without charging for titles per platform. 4. Very decent sales and no exclusive deals. 5. Speaking out against MS prospect of locking down Windows to an app-store model (with obvious self interest but it affects GOG too). 6. SteamOS is open and users are encourage to sideload software. 7. Encourages modding of their games. 8. Honours CD keys from third parties for free, which lead to an abundance of online resellers and helped drive down prices everywhere.

Many of these things paved the way for, provided content to, or left niche's for GOG to fill. GOG would not be what it is today if it weren't responding to or competing with many of these actions. We are lucky digital PC games are now dirt cheap compared to console titles, all thanks to healthy competition online.

* Yeah it was DRM, but it was also 2005. A nervous industry would simply not have dipped its toes in digital distribution without DRM. Also see: 1. iTunes began with DRM but negotiated it away in 2009, 2. Where would GOG and competition be today if Valve removed DRM in 2009? 3. offline mode and family sharing make DRM less pervasive. 4. DRM free games on Steam.

I come in peace!
I still don't trust them, something makes me feel they are not as good as you make them look, but well that is just my oppinion man.
I chose the dark fall games over the dark mirror games. Did I make the right choice?
high rated

[...]

xlynx: Why so bitter? Maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong part of the Steam community, but I'm across several Steam forums daily and I've never seen any GOG hate. Just as GOG has taken strong principled stances on fair pricing and DRM, Valve has done some great things for the community too. Reasons I think they're not evil: 1. Created the precedent for digital game distribution*. 2. Set massive precedent for indie game publishing. 3. Precedent for OS X; and more significantly, Linux as an open, mainstream gaming platform, without charging for titles per platform. 4. Very decent sales and no exclusive deals. 5. Speaking out against MS prospect of locking down Windows to an app-store model (with obvious self interest but it affects GOG too). 6. SteamOS is open and users are encourage to sideload software. 7. Encourages modding of their games. 8. Honours CD keys from third parties for free, which lead to an abundance of online resellers and helped drive down prices everywhere.
!
I think many of us would happily see Steam go die a horrible death. Honestly.
1. So?. They aren't the saviour of PC gaming some seem to make them out to be. PC gaming was never dying anyway (people know its always been a myth). All they did was made it easier for people to buy games...and in doing so created pretty much a monopoly which is never a good idea...
2. I dont think so. Valve doesnt publish most games. Publishers do. All Steam has done is create a platform for publishers to grab peoples money...er sell games.
3.Where do you get these precendents from?. OS X and Linux games have always been around (just not as high profile as Windows gaming)
4. Anything locked to Steam via the DRM and only available via Steam is arguably an exclusive. No one knows if Steam actually does pay off publishers/devs to sell games on Steam only (this is my impression...i could be wrong but no one can say yes or no). Their last few sales have been.. sorry pretty shitty compared to a more distant while back). -- you've seen the threads..ive seen the threads....
5. And then Valve tries pushing the SteamOS as if its the best thing since sliced bread.....which leads to 6. They are doing it for self interest - pretty obvious.. more users more potential customers. they arent doing it just for the good and kind nature of their evil heart.
7. Many of the best mods (a number of authors will not upload their mods to the steam workshop) aren't available in Steam workshops ie - Nexus mods for example make them more accessible for *everyone* rather than having to use Steam.
8. They basically encourage dev's (it costs nothing to Steam) to flog the steam keys for as little as possible.. Steam spreads the brand - and therefore potentially more customers. Seriously. Its a business. They do everything for a reason especailly when thy make a boatload like they do. Abundance of online sellers? Sure. 90% are just plain and simple Steam keyresellers now - including Humble. Lack of choice is not good for the customer. Locked to Steam or no game (few genuine drm free options aside).
Im sure i will be shot down in flames but please..dont look at Steam through rose tinted glasses. They arent all they are cracked up to be. They are just a huge monopoly looking to make $$$$ whevever possible.
Niggles: *snipped talk that's not about the weekend promo*
Couldn't you please discuss this in another thread? I'm interested in what this promo has to offer...

/friendly teasing
Post edited September 01, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
JohnnyDollar: Couldn't you please discuss this in another thread? I'm interested in what this promo has to offer...

/friendly teasing
Isn't this actually the regional pricing thread, says and hides behind the door :)
Post edited September 01, 2014 by Matruchus
Sad to see so many good games go... Hopefully they will be back some day. For now, I am taking those that were still in my wishlist, and some more...
Gothic 2 & 3 are going away, but Gothic 1 is not listed. Does it have a different distributor or it's an error?
tr00per87: Gothic 2 & 3 are going away, but Gothic 1 is not listed. Does it have a different distributor or it's an error?
Gothic 1 is published by the developer themselves and not by Nordic games.
tr00per87: Gothic 2 & 3 are going away, but Gothic 1 is not listed. Does it have a different distributor or it's an error?
Not an error. The first Gothic is self-published, while the 2nd and 3rd are not.
Niggles: *snipped talk that's not about the weekend promo*
JohnnyDollar: Couldn't you please discuss this in another thread? I'm interested in what this promo has to offer...

/friendly teasing
Hey everyone talks about the regional pricing bullshit so why not other crap .Just replying to a Steamfanatic :P.
just do regional pricing gog ... as long you stay true to your drm stuff

really want to see some shiny new games @ gog
sticking to the wrong principles cant work out long :/

for myself i would prefer gog versions of new games over steam versions

i love gog for what it is but asking the com if regional pricing is cool was the biggest mistake

just bring regional pricing anyways if this is the reason why there are no new games + games get lost from the catalog

do smart business decisions gog .. com service is awesome but not at any cost

focus at drm free games ... its totally understandable that publishers wont support gog if you say stuff like
"hey we want your game drm free + youll get less money" ... there must be a way to satisfy both sides aka publisher of new games + dmr free crowd
Post edited September 01, 2014 by meonfire
meonfire: just do regional pricing gog ... as long you stay true to your drm stuff

really want to see some shiny new games @ gog
sticking to the wrong principles cant work out long :/

for myself i would prefer gog versions of new games over steam versions

i love gog for what it is but asking the com if regional pricing is cool was the biggest mistake

just bring regional pricing anyways if this is the reason why there are no new games + games get lost from the catalog

do smart business decisions gog .. com service is awesome but not at any cost

focus at drm free games ... its totally understandable that publishers wont support gog if you say stuff like
"hey we want you game drm free + youll get less money" ... there must be a way to satisfy both sides aka publisher of new games + dmr free crowd
Here is your regional pricing.