It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Getcomposted: So what out of the last chance titles would you say is an absolute must-buy?

I'm looking at the Guild Gold Edition and the Desperadoes games myself, since I have the Gothics, Spellforces (except Demon of the Past), Summoner, Silver, Nations Gold & Neighbours from Hell.
TOTALLY the first Desperados.
gandalf.nho: Considering the backlash when regional pricing was first announced, guess a lot of people here prefer no games...
ReynardFox: Exactly why I was pissed at people for said backlash. It seems getting crap cheap is more important than DRM free at all.
Well, we need more of this kind of event to happen before people are more lenient of regional pricing.

I was hoping that they will release spellforce complete edition here now that steam and humble have them. With this I don't think it will ever happen. Sucks that I even give up on the humble sales to buy it here.
JACK KEANE 2 IS GOING AWAY? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously though, there's probably a ton of legal mumbo-jumbo behind this.
high rated
Respect for GOG on this one - it took all of about five minutes for a blue to contact me via PM to help.

The new site design is ugly and cluttered, and the movies are lame as hell, but the support is sill there!
TDP: I'd rather have regional pricing and have more games on GOG. As long as they stay DRM-free. Seriously... price is negotiable, while DRM is always an abomination by its very nature.
Same here
undeadcow: Machine for Pigs is also same publisher, Frictional Games. Weird.
No , Dark Descent is self-published , not Machine for a Pigs ...
Getcomposted: So what out of the last chance titles would you say is an absolute must-buy?

I'm looking at the Guild Gold Edition and the Desperadoes games myself, since I have the Gothics, Spellforces (except Demon of the Past), Summoner, Silver, Nations Gold & Neighbours from Hell.
I love horror, so I would say Penumbra, Amnesia, and Dark Fall.
Grargar: TOTALLY the first Desperados.
Any other recommendations? Is Spellforce 2: Demon of the Past worth $4.99?
It's the only one I don't have, and for completist's sake I could get it, but I could also get both Desperadoes for that price...
I find this quite strange, particularly as the games being pulled would have still cost roughly the same amount with the new local currency option. ... I just don't get it.
TDP: I'd rather have regional pricing and have more games on GOG. As long as they stay DRM-free. Seriously... price is negotiable, while DRM is always an abomination by its very nature.
This.
high rated
gandalf.nho: Same here
I guess, given the huge change here, I'd rather see regional pricing here then lose so many classics.

Opinions can change, though I'm sure GOG wishes we had never bitched about regional pricing in the first place.
Jack Keane 2 has had a $29.99 asking price for a long time; and GOG picks now to make an issue of unfair prices?!?
Grargar: TOTALLY the first Desperados.
Getcomposted: Any other recommendations? Is Spellforce 2: Demon of the Past worth $4.99?
It's the only one I don't have, and for completist's sake I could get it, but I could also get both Desperadoes for that price...
Well, retail aside, GOG is the only place that carries it DRM-Free. As for the second Desperados, the general consensus is that it's not worth it.
I don't undestand why Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich is in the promo, but no the rest of the [url=http://www.gog.com/game/space_run]Home Interactive catalog.
@Gog: if this is really about regional pricing:
Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because, frankly, using vpn & prepaid creditcards (or simply having a trusted friend abroad) it's trivial to get around.
Been doing this on amazon/itunes/steam/walmart/... for ages.