It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Magmarock: What the fuck.

With all the big changes going on I missed but why are so many games getting taken down. I think we deserve an answer for this. I really like the Amnesia games. Is this GOG's doing or is this the companies giving gog the figure or something.
Wurzelkraft: We have official statements from , [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post729]Nordic and Frictional. :)
We only need an explanation from irrational, but since they never released the first Freedom Force game on GOG, it might be unrelated to Nordic's and Frictional's motives. If they have no reason they would honor their namesake.
Post edited August 31, 2014 by LeonardoCornejo
Phc7006: I just came back from holidays, 15 days away from civilisation ( digging firestone paleolithic tools, not even a proper gsm connection ). Gog seems full of "not so nice" suprises. 35 games leaving, 23 converted to regional pricing, and a puzzling new interface. Something else I need to know before I throw the computer through the window ?
Sure... Preorder exclusive content is becoming more common... It's "just" a soundtrack for now (insert slippery slope here) but it is still a negative aspect of the industry that has crept in recently... And besides I like soundtracks but generally don't know if I want them till I've played the game... Which in this case would require buying blindly with no reviews.
Gnostic: Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars
2YE5-??EH-JC5S-QZ8N replace the ?? with XA

Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm
3QBP-U33J-6LRF-??XC replace the ?? with XT

Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past
AE??-593C-CC83-56D3 replace the ?? with 12
Missed these and the Black Mirror series . :(
Things would have been so much simpler to keep things in USD, but all we can do is trust gog knows what they are doing.
Gnostic: Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars
2YE5-??EH-JC5S-QZ8N replace the ?? with XA

Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm
3QBP-U33J-6LRF-??XC replace the ?? with XT

Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past
AE??-593C-CC83-56D3 replace the ?? with 12
ne_zavarj: Missed these and the Black Mirror series . :(
U can buy them you know.
Niggles: U can buy them you know.
I can't . GOG doesn't accept Maestro card and i don't use PayPal .
So, since my old lady forbids buying on GOG due to the foreign charges...

I can trade someone a $2.50 Steam game (and some leftover stuff I have lying around) for Silver. I'd be happy to go first.
ne_zavarj: I can't . GOG doesn't accept Maestro card and i don't use PayPal .
You know that nobody accepts Maestro card online since they are debit cards and not credit cards. Don't you have any option to buy a Paysafe card maybe? Check the Paysafe card website where the local spot for buying Paysafe cards is. Even in the small city I live in we have 10 spots to buy the cards.
LeonardoCornejo: We only need an explanation from irrational, but since they never released the first Freedom Force game on GOG, it might be unrelated to Nordic's and Frictional's motives. If they have no reason they would honor their namesake.
Irrational has nothing to do with the games any more (they are the developer, not the publisher) and even if they did, it doesn't matter, as they have shut down. The one responsible for this is Focus Home Interactive, the publisher for the Freedom Force games.
Post edited August 31, 2014 by Grargar
ne_zavarj: I can't . GOG doesn't accept Maestro card and i don't use PayPal .
U make it hard for yourself (actually i notice u trade a lot and also get gifted a fair few games...) why cant u get a debit card from your bank?.
Niggles: (actually i notice u trade a lot and also get gifted a fair few games...)
Are you referring to giveaways that i organized during the past years ? People forgot them and now they think i'm nothing but a leecher .
Niggles: U make it hard for yourself (actually i notice u trade a lot and also get gifted a fair few games...) why cant u get a debit card from your bank?.
You probably mean a credit card since debit cards are not accepted online :)
Wow, I spent about $47 from this promotion for buying games except already own games and 7 uninteresting games. About the 7 games, I hope for them to come back when my interest is fulfilled.
Niggles: U make it hard for yourself (actually i notice u trade a lot and also get gifted a fair few games...) why cant u get a debit card from your bank?.
Matruchus: You probably mean a credit card since debit cards are not accepted online :)
Er incorrect. I use a visa debit through my bank and it works fine with GOG (via the card direct or paypal works both). I think its actually gift card u mean that dont work.....
Matruchus: You probably mean a credit card since debit cards are not accepted online :)
Niggles: Er incorrect. I use a visa debit through my bank and it works fine with GOG (via the card direct or paypal works both). I think its actually gift card u mean that dont work.....
Interesting from my country you can't use any debit cards online. I thought this was valid for the whole EU.

Also we don't have any debit card VISA's here only credit.

Edit: Ok it seems I was wrong two banks now offer VISA debit but they have very bad other conditions so no go for now.

Also Maestro is the most used debit card in Europe (you get it automatically with your account) so I really don't get why Maestro does not yet offer online shopping options.
Post edited August 31, 2014 by Matruchus