It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Grargar: [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/games?filter=feature:12&state=available]Easy[/url]. Just keep in mind that it might not be 100% accurate. That's to be expected from a site that boasts even more games than Steam.
Actually I must say that I really find it strange that gamersgate does not know how to distinquish between drm-free game and drm game since its a Paradox Interactive company and their games are more or less drm-free.
Matruchus: Actually I must say that I really find it strange that gamersgate does not know how to distinquish between drm-free game and drm game since its a Paradox Interactive company and their games are more or less drm-free.
Depends on the game. Older Paradox games like EU 1+2+3, CK, Victoria 1+2 and Hearts of Iron 1+2+3 are instantly available for download through GamersGate. Later Paradox games like EU IV or CK 2 need to be activated through Steam, so they are certainly not DRM-Free on GamersGate.
Matruchus: Actually I must say that I really find it strange that gamersgate does not know how to distinquish between drm-free game and drm game since its a Paradox Interactive company and their games are more or less drm-free [my emphasis].
Well, the very last part of your sentence does seem to explain it. :P
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
Matruchus: Actually I must say that I really find it strange that gamersgate does not know how to distinquish between drm-free game and drm game since its a Paradox Interactive company and their games are more or less drm-free.
Lemon_Curry: Well, the very last part of your sentence does seem to explain it. :P
Yeah I jinxed myself with that :)
Grargar: Depends on the game. Older Paradox games like EU 1+2+3, CK, Victoria 1+2 and Hearts of Iron 1+2+3 are instantly available for download through GamersGate. Later Paradox games like EU IV or CK 2 need to be activated through Steam, so they are certainly not DRM-Free on GamersGate.
Was CK2 always steam? i remember reading vaguely it was drm free then they tacked steamworks on as a requirement later...
Niggles: Was CK2 always steam? i remember reading vaguely it was drm free then they tacked steamworks on as a requirement later...
Not always, but it's been over half a year ever since the Steam requirement was added.
Wurzelkraft: I know, right? Obvious discount is bad and hidden discount is fine. *cringes*
eiii: When the world works this way it's just stupid to ignore it (as a company doing business).
Which company are you referring to eiii? One might argue that both companies have ignored different potentially problematic aspects of it.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
Niggles: Was CK2 always steam? i remember reading vaguely it was drm free then they tacked steamworks on as a requirement later...
Grargar: Not always, but it's been over half a year ever since the Steam requirement was added.
I also remember them saying they were moving to steam as a requirement (dunno if the games are still drm free though) as they liked the system....
Niggles: I also remember them saying they were moving to steam as a requirement (dunno if the games are still drm free though) as they liked the system....
I'm not sure about the games that they publish, but it seems you can run the games that they develop without the Steam launcher. Having said that, Crusader Kings 2 can be problematic as running without the launcher won't net you access to the DLCs. Same case with Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, even if it's merely published by Paradox.
eiii: When the world works this way it's just stupid to ignore it (as a company doing business).
Lemon_Curry: Which company are you referring to eiii? One might argue that both companies have ignored different potentially problematic aspects of it.
The one losing games because of ignoring it. ;)
high rated
I enjoy the first spell force game and am sorry to see the whole series goes.

I will put up the gift codes for the spell force series, just post later which codes you redeemed so people will not wonder why the codes are not redeemable.

Spellforce Platinum
F2B2-F9B2-8??8-BE27 replace the ?? with 89

Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars
2YE5-??EH-JC5S-QZ8N replace the ?? with XA

Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm
3QBP-U33J-6LRF-??XC replace the ?? with XT

Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past
AE??-593C-CC83-56D3 replace the ?? with 12

PS: If you finished the game, please tell me what you think about it, I did not play the rest of the series as I hardly find time to do so.
Gnostic: I enjoy the first spell force game and am sorry to see the whole series goes.

I will put up the gift codes for the spell force series, just post later which codes you redeemed so people will not wonder why the codes are not redeemable.

Spellforce Platinum

PS: If you finished the game, please tell me what you think about it, I did not play the rest of the series as I hardly find time to do so.
Thank you, i got Spellforce 2 Shadow Wars, Dragon Storm and Demons Of The Past. Now my Spellforce Saga is complete.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by truexlick
HeDanny: Why Nordic? Why have you done this to me, your friend? I don't care that this is post is petty and childish. The reasons you have left don't change the fact that your leaving makes me feel sad. I don't think we are fiends any more. You Left. We played together every time you had a game. Every time. I never said no to you. I never made you feel sad. I always was there for you. Now you have left me. That is mean. Mean and bad. So maybe you should go! Go eat your PBJ somewhere else. I don't care that I can still play with you in those other playgrounds. Those other playgrounds have bad things in them. Those other playgrounds are not as nice as this one. My playground. Our playground. The playground where we played together happily all the time. But now you have left. I am hurt and right now I don't want you here any more anyway! Go away! I don't want to play with you anymore. You are a mean company. Go away.

... but its ok if you want to come back. I am hurt, but I think we could maybe be friends again in the future. So come back if you want. I will play with you again then. If the people who run the playground let you. See they are god people. They are nice people. They look after me. They look after all of us who play here. I don't think they like seeing us sad. When we have been sad before, they have done things to cheer us up. But you have made us sad, and I am not sure they will let you back in the playground. But if they do, I will play with you. So please come back and bring more of your good games. We will play together then.

Nordic. I will miss you.
So much feels in this one.
Gnostic: I enjoy the first spell force game and am sorry to see the whole series goes.

Spellforce Platinum

truexlick: Thank you, i got Spellforce 2 Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm, it seems that they are all redeemed.
Bet the lurkers had to work hard :)
Phc7006: I just came back from holidays, 15 days away from civilisation ( digging firestone paleolithic tools, not even a proper gsm connection ). Gog seems full of "not so nice" suprises. 35 games leaving, 23 converted to regional pricing, and a puzzling new interface. Something else I need to know before I throw the computer through the window ?
Grargar: Jack Keane 2 is among those 35 games that are leaving. :(
LeonardoCornejo: Yes, I am contemplating to make a GamersGate account too, but first I must find out which games are DRM free there.
Grargar: [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/games?filter=feature:12&state=available]Easy[/url]. Just keep in mind that it might not be 100% accurate. That's to be expected from a site that boasts even more games than Steam.
Poof, I changed my mind, mostly beacuse of the Steam activation thing in some, but also because I am too lazy to keep track on where I bought one game or another, still contemplating it, but not in the near future, I must think about it.