It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
What about future updates, patches on this titles about to be removed? Games like Black Mirror 2 are recent so they might be updated in the future by the publisher/developer, for whatever reason. And on Steam you even see many times really old titles being updated. How will this work here in this situation?
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Pappagiorgio
Well, talking about games, I have those games in my library:

Gothic 2 Gold Edition
Just a very good RPG, if you can stand getting kicked around alot in the beginnig of the game.

Gothic 3
Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition
Well, they're not really good, as being part of the Gothic series I might try and play them eventually.

Spellforce Platinum
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars
Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm
Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past
A mix of RPG and RTS could potentially be interesting. Haven't played those yet, though.

Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
Guild Gold Edition, The
Guild 2 Renaissance, The
Heard good things about those strategy titles. Haven't played those yet.

Painkiller Black Edition
That was a mistake. Heard good things about this FPS, but found out that I don't like arena shooters that much. I'd rather have a complex level that I can explore on my own, than being locked with monsters in a room till I kill them all, only to then andvance to the next room full of monsters.

Red Faction
I like this FPS. Sure, the graphics are outdated, but I like the idea of starting a workforce rebellion on Mars. It's quite rich in variety, too.

Red Faction 2
Bought this, because I like the predecessor. Haven't played it yet.

Silver
Haven't played it yet, but it's supposed to be a good RPG.

AquaNox
AquaNox 2: Revelation
I always thought that Aquanox was a little like Privateer underwater.

Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich
Picked that one out of curiosity. Because of superheroes and stuff.

Nations Gold Edition, The
Another strategy title, that is supposed to be okay and probably was quite cheap at one point.

Panzer Elite Special Edition
Apparently a very good tank simulation. But surely no arcade game.

Chaser
An FPS that I had never heard of. But I like the genre and it probably was also dirt cheap at one point, so I gave it a chance.

Maybe that helps somebody decide whether to pick a game or not.
could someone here recommend jack keane 2?

is it worth 7.49?
No, it's not.
apehater: could someone here recommend jack keane 2?

is it worth 7.49?
If you like to look at your virtual shelf, thinking about the fake review cause by the insomnia sales like this

"I should preface this by saying that I've been having a lot of trouble with my son. Recently, he's discovered the wide world of the internet as well as computer gaming, and he hasn't been listening to his mother or myself at all.
Jack Keane, your Fire Within has cleansed my son of all desire to turn on a computer from this day forth! He cleaned his room, did the dishes, and wept as he said his prayers. When I asked what brought about the change, he screamed through the raining tears, "JACK KEANE! JACK KEANE!"
Bless you, Jack Keane..."

"Let's not concern ourselves with the specifics of Jack Keane 2, as several comprehensive reviews have already gone into great detail. Rest assured, the experience of playing this game is roughly equivalent to ingesting every drug under the sun and coasting on Cloud 9 for the rest of your days. What really tipped the scales for me, though, is the string of good luck I've endured following my purchase of Jack Keane 2 during the Fall Insomnia sale. All my debts were pardoned. My bank account balance is building at an alarming rate. My mother called to inform me that she's getting back with my father after ten tumultuous years. And suddenly, literally everyone in town wanted to be my Facebook friend. I was busy accepting all these requests when my long-time girlfriend - now fiancée! - leaned into me and whispered into my ear, with words so sultry that they are simply not fit for print. One thing led to another, and let's just say my sex life hasn't been this good at any point in my 26 years of existence! Thank you, Jack Keane 2, for revitalizing and rejuvenating every facet of my life. Now that I'm getting laid again, there'll be no more Jack Keane off."

"".... Then, Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within hit. The Windows point-and-click adventure has brought the GOG.com DRM-Free Fall Insomnia Sale to a halt. As of this posting, Jack Keane 2 has been the featured game for over two hours. In the 15 minutes its taken to write this article, a grand total of 5 copies have been sold for $11.99, 60% off the normal $29.99. There is no past. There is no future. There is only Jack Keane.
Which has lead to some truly hysterical reactions from the community. People have taken to the Jack Keane 2 product page to spam it with false, 5 star reviews, in an attempt to trick people into purchasing a game that has a 69 average score on Metacritic."
CMON PEOPLE, thats why we cant have nice things, cmon, seriously? false 5 stars reviews? Dont brake the review system just because you want to save 4 dollars on games, CMON. "

Then it may be worth a shot
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Gnostic
apehater: could someone here recommend jack keane 2?

is it worth 7.49?
Gnostic: If you like to look at your virtual shelf, thinking about the fake review cause by the insomnia sales like this

"I should preface this by saying that I've been having a lot of trouble with my son. Recently, he's discovered the wide world of the internet as well as computer gaming, and he hasn't been listening to his mother or myself at all.
Jack Keane, your Fire Within has cleansed my son of all desire to turn on a computer from this day forth! He cleaned his room, did the dishes, and wept as he said his prayers. When I asked what brought about the change, he screamed through the raining tears, "JACK KEANE! JACK KEANE!"
Bless you, Jack Keane..."

Then it may be worth a shot
so i'm assuming then that the hole jk series isnt worth playing it, through the screenshots looked nice :)
I wasn't a fan of Painkiller Black either. Too many same style enemies in overly simple levels.
jalister: I can blame them for the GOG Modern UI though.
Gersen: I am neither a fan of Metro UI nor GoG new design; but I fail to see how GoG new design look anything remotely like Metro.
He/she might have been referring to the Windows 8 desktop UI. Some folks mistakenly call it Modern/Metro when they really mean the Win 8 UI/SDK look, including me. ;)
Post edited August 30, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
apehater: so i'm assuming then that the hole jk series isnt worth playing it, through the screenshots looked nice :)
Nah, most people just never gave them a chance. The second one was overpriced, which didn't help matters. They're solid, quirky, light-hearted adventure games. I would recommend starting with the first one though, since it's cheaper, and actually quite long, definitely longer than the usual length of modern adventures (sadly).
apehater: so i'm assuming then that the hole jk series isnt worth playing it, through the screenshots looked nice :)
MoP: Nah, most people just never gave them a chance. The second one was overpriced, which didn't help matters. They're solid, quirky, light-hearted adventure games. I would recommend starting with the first one though, since it's cheaper, and actually quite long, definitely longer than the usual length of modern adventures (sadly).
i like dark eye, primordia and full throttle, but i'm unexperienced when it comes to point and click adventures, so are they something for my taste?
MoP: Nah, most people just never gave them a chance. The second one was overpriced, which didn't help matters. They're solid, quirky, light-hearted adventure games. I would recommend starting with the first one though, since it's cheaper, and actually quite long, definitely longer than the usual length of modern adventures (sadly).
apehater: i like dark eye, primordia and full throttle, but i'm unexperienced when it comes to point and click adventures, so are they something for my taste?
I think You'd enjoy them honestly, as far as I remember they're fairly easy (but without going overboard, there's abundance of varied puzzles, they're just not of the kind you'd get stuck on forever), quite lively, there's always something going on. They're less serious than those that You've mentioned though, so if you're in the mood for a more light-hearted, goofy adventure, I'd give them a shot.

At the same time, there are better ones out there that You can probably get for a similar or better price (like the Broken Sword series, particularly the first two... but I'm biased). And it's been part of a Humble Bundle, where the same ~$7.50 netted you JK2 with 10 other adventures (on Steam, admittedly).
Still, they're worth it in my book.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by MoP
Zoidberg: You DO now what VAT is, right?
SeduceMePlz: (That seems to have been directed at me, so I fixed the quote tags for you.)

You DO have basic math skills, right? (Don't get all pissy; I'm just teasing you in return.)

Let's look at the classic GOG model. From the "Payments, pricing and promos" section of the GOG FAQ:

8. What about VAT / sales tax?

All the prices shown on our page are inclusive of value added tax (VAT) and sales tax. So it's always the exact order total visible at checkout - no additional costs!
SeduceMePlz: Thus:

For countries without VAT/sales tax: $9.99 = game price

For countries w/VAT: $9.99 = game price + VAT

Via the wonders of algebra, Europeans have in fact been paying lower prices than Americans on GOG for years...

...unless GOG is paying VAT out of its own pocket, meaning that it's usual share of 30% would be reduced to 5-15% per sale (making European customers much less profitable for GOG).

Equal pricing would be:

For countries without VAT/sales tax: $9.99 = total price

For countries w/VAT: $9.99 + VAT = total price

However, as I've said here and elsewhere, I don't hold this against you or make a point of complaining about it. I explain it here only because you do not seem to grasp the concept. And were I somehow mistaken about this (I doubt it, as it seems to be rather simple low-level stuff, but feel free to school me if so), it wouldn't change the point that I made in my previous post.

---

How about that poll that's been mentioned several times now? Put it to a vote on the main page, limit it to those with an account with at least one purchased game (to minimize cheating; heck, maybe require a minimum of 5 purchased games for a stronger deterrent), and honestly post the results afterwards. This will not only help settle the matter somewhat on the forums, it'll give GOG valuable information for conducting its business.
It's all fine and dandy, yes, but the point of my post (it was a bit cryptic yes, but there's too much trolling around here so I didn't bother :P), was that VAT should logically go my country each time I buy here, right? Same for any other country really, there's VAT even in US, am I wrong? So is VAT suddenly added to the cart of a US buyer when he checkouts here?

If yes, then sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not told everything either. :P
high rated
Enjoy :)

All redeemed
Post edited August 30, 2014 by DampSquib
DampSquib: *snip*
Thanks again. I claimed Red Faction II from the first code. :)
apehater: i like dark eye, primordia and full throttle, but i'm unexperienced when it comes to point and click adventures, so are they something for my taste?
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Memoria as Primordia are point and click adventures.