It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
low rated
I am pretty much anti-anti-DRM.
I have no issues with releasing a game without DRM - if you want to do it, and you're prepared for the problems it brings as well as the benefits, that's all well and good.
But the people who rage against DRM because of 'freedom' are ... well.
Freedom to steal isn't useful freedom. It's what makes society worse. That's why we have locks on cars and houses, and on businesses.
DRM generally discourages piracy for the -average consumer-. That's what makes it great.
It's pathetic and disturbing that people are blind enough to think that freedom in-and-of-itself is a good thing. It is 100% contextual. You do not have freedom to steal, rape or murder. You do not have freedom to carry a gun around (unless you live in a country where the laws are several hundred years out-of-date).
These are good non-freedoms. DRM is a good non-freedom, when it is unobtrusive, and most of the time with steam, it is.
I'm glad people are releasing stuff on GOG. Just STOP going APEPOOP at the people who don't. It's narcissistic and pedantic.
budejovice: What a difference a few years makes. Now you get to terrorize the GOG forums with your pro-DRM crusades.
Niggles: Look at his rep. Some say rep doesnt matter but seriously....
I remember his rep being positive when he first posted here, I remember checking if he is a new user when I first saw his post. Well I guess this is what happen when you take Pro DRM stance in a pro DRM free community.

This seems like an unofficial indicator for a DRM free vote.

Would someone mind making an account for making pro regional pricing statement as a regional pricing unoffical vote?
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Gnostic
Nice promo, ive been wanting to get Silver. Thanks GOG.
xolve: I am pretty much anti-anti-DRM.
I have no issues with releasing a game without DRM - if you want to do it, and you're prepared for the problems it brings as well as the benefits, that's all well and good.
Freedom to steal isn't useful freedom. It's what makes society worse. That's why we have locks on cars and houses, and on businesses.
DRM generally discourages piracy for the -average consumer-. That's what makes it great.
It's pathetic and disturbing that people are blind enough to think that freedom in-and-of-itself is a good thing. It is 100% contextual. You do not have freedom to steal, rape or murder. You do not have freedom to carry a gun around (unless you live in a country where the laws are several hundred years out-of-date).
These are good non-freedoms. DRM is a good non-freedom, when it is unobtrusive, and most of the time with steam, it is.
I'm glad people are releasing stuff on GOG. Just STOP going APEPOOP at the people who don't. It's narcissistic and pedantic.
DRM of course relies on an authentication system remaining in place. Steam DRM is all good and well but if they ever screw up and close there goes the activation servers to stuff you bought. Same thing with ebooks, you activate devices against them and download content. Should that service go away and your device breaks you can no longer activate a replacement device and there goes your content. DRM only works if you can assure that the activation system never breaks that the vendor or system provider never goes away. I'd rather have DRM free and peace of mind that what I bought can still be used later down the track. I want ebooks but I'm yet to buy them due to the DRM. So i guess I'm a minority case where DRM = less sales. Theft is a fine analogy though I think comparing to rape and murder is going a bit off the rails.
KeyperOS: There are only so many "Good Old Games" to be revived and the truth of the matter is, GoG had already succeeded in doing that a year or so ago, now adding mostly obscure/less well-known titles that might not really stack up against the alpha-dogs of yore (unless they'd somehow magically succeed in getting the Lucas Arts catalog or the old Blizzard games which would be a happy day indeed).
Still not buying it.
high rated
Ok, not sure how this makes any sense at all. I will only ever buy DRM free games when I buy digital. Physical games I am OK with a CD check. It has to do with owning what I paid for. If I have installation limitations or can't actually have the installation files (CD/GOG installer) then I don't own the game. If I need to authenticate with some online server, then I don't own the game. If I have to run third party software, I don't own the game. When I pay for a game I intend to use it on all of my PC's, both those I have now and any I purchase in the future. And I will never run a program to run my games, which in that case wouldn't be my games, they would just be part of a service I was paying for, a long term rental.

Amazingly enough my desire to OWN DRM free games has nothing to do with my wish to illegally obtain games. If I wanted to illegally obtain games I would just use a torrent program and grab any old cracked version of a DRM containing game.

So yeah, I don't want freedom to steel, I already have and have had that. I'm not a thief. I just want to own what I buy. But go ahead and lump the most honest consumers into your own idea of what DRM free proponents are: thieves and apparently rapists and murderers. Yeah, that makes sense.
ktchong: Over a year ago, maybe almost two years ago, when I mentioned in the Steam forums that I also shopped at GOG and actually preferred GOG (at that time, but obviously not anymore,) many Steam users (who mostly had disdain for GOG users) jestingly asked me if I was an "anti-DRM Knight Templar" or "DRM-freedom fighter aka terrorist", and if I was on one of my "crusades" and was going to "terrorize" them over DRM. I did not get their jokes at the time. Now I got it.
It's clear you are unable to comprehend the importance of DRM free gaming and why it matters so much to many of us in the grand scheme of things, I think it's time you just left, I'm sure you'll be much happier with your chosen group of white knights over on the Steam forums.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by ReynardFox
Your argument is so full of holes I don't know where to start, but the fact that you flat out equate DRM free to piracy and anarchy means there is no point in trying to explain it.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by ReynardFox
KeyperOS: There are only so many "Good Old Games" to be revived and the truth of the matter is, GoG had already succeeded in doing that a year or so ago, now adding mostly obscure/less well-known titles that might not really stack up against the alpha-dogs of yore (unless they'd somehow magically succeed in getting the Lucas Arts catalog or the old Blizzard games which would be a happy day indeed).
MoP: Still not buying it.
When I first see your status, I miss the 'r" in the Gray and was stunned awhile.

Well, if they can easily aquire new content, why are they taking a risk and introduce movies that most people are not interested in?
LeonardoCornejo: But you are kind of wrong, there IS a clear-cut "bad guy", or I should rather say brutish monstrous videogame tyrant, here, and it is called Steam/Valve, they are the bullies of gaming industry, not even EA, with is bad reputation and long history of supporting dirty playing DRM has made as many dick moves toward GOG as Steam/Valve, and this ladies and mentlegen is their latest dick move, there is a good chance they bullied Nordic into doing this.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

*sniff*

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Well, that cheered up my morning. Thank you.
high rated
Pretty dumb way of thinking I must say.

The word Freedom and where the boundaries are is a topic that goes far beyond games, software and DRM, and it has been the subject of numberless, pointless discussions, so I won't get into that. That said, when somebody here talks about freedom, is probably not expecting the right to giveaway free copies, which the simple absence of DRM doesn't imply, but simply the right to play your game whenever you want, and that's a freedom I think we, legal buyers, should have.

And any form of DRM, more often than not, gets in the way of simply playing. Even Steam does it. If for whatever reason you can't log in and offline mode fails to start (it has happened to me several times) you won't be able to play most of your games. Sometimes, I've had Steam opened and online, but the game I was trying to run, failed to detect it, therefore, refusing to run. Even the most basic "Insert CD to play" is a DRM that gets in the way (assuming the full content is already on the hard drive), if you just lost/forgot your disc or the disc drive simply fails to read it.

Sounds so silly considering its just games, but hey, we paid for the damn thing, we should be able to playing whenever we F#####G want.

Another incredibly dumb way of thinking, one that most publishers probably share, is that releasing a game without DRM will bring you problems as massive piracy. Almost every game out there with DRM, has a pirate (DRM free) counterpart that anybody can just get without much troubles, and every month, the top most pirated games are always games with some form of DRM included. So releasing a game without DRM won't do, for the most part, any difference. Whoever wants your game but doesn't want to pay for it, will just get it, regardless of the DRM.

Really appreciate the heads up GOG.
Thank you for the continued support.
Just bought a bunch of em!
Also really like the fact that they will forever be in my library.
Sad to see these games go. Especially sad about not getting Broken Mirror 3 here as I waited a very long time for the other Broken Mirror games and bought them immediately when they showed up here.

To any GOG supports considering whether or not to buy some these games now, I'd say buy the stuff you want on GOG now rather than hunt the stuff down later.

Whatever the reason the games is for the games being pulled, I at least think its more convenient to just have them in my catalog here.

At least this gave my a reason to log in and grab some movies and other games as well.

Have a nice weekend :)
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Lenny
jalister: I can blame them for the GOG Modern UI though.
I am neither a fan of Metro UI nor GoG new design; but I fail to see how GoG new design look anything remotely like Metro.
ANy mention why Freedom Force vs Third Reich is being removed?. Its not a Nordic nor the other publisher.....