It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
ThomNG: Dear GOG Community,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your thoughts on the matter. More information is always a good thing. :-)
Gersen: Flat price is not fair... but having lower prices in lower wage countries is not fair at all either, it's the exact opposite of fair.
JMich: Yes. As I said, flat prices are not fair, regional pricing is also not fair.
Flat prices may not be fair, but at least all customers are treated equally. I remember times when in Poland I could only buy cheaper translated polish version of games. Some games on steam were blocked for us, so I couldn't buy english version through internet and I had to play games translated by wannabe translators who can't distinct raider from rider :D. What was even worse, we were treated like second category of customers, patches and expansions were released months or years later then for original version (tbh, it was often fault of the polish publishers who tried to cut costs). Because of that many people in Poland prefer to buy original versions of the games, even if they costs more than polish ones.
I hope to see all these games come back some day, as I can't possibly purchase them right now (even at 75/80% off).
Reaper9988: I personally would but I also don't buy from apple so the point is moot to me.

That being said Apple pays taxes and 0.99 € to 0.99$ is inline with just adding VAT.
blotunga: Since when is VAT 36%?
Ok I just calculated that myself.
You're right, scratch my last sentence.
gadrael: Flat prices may not be fair, but at least all customers are treated equally.
Equality and equity. Treating everyone equally is not always a good thing.
It's really disappointing to see so many games removed from GOG.... I mean if GOG is losing more games than it is gaining through these policies, are they really worth continuing?

I mean what about those of us who have purchased most of the games in the sale already? What if any of the games are updated? Is GOG even allowed to update games here if their no longer being sold?
Crosmando: I mean what about those of us who have purchased most of the games in the sale already? What if any of the games are updated? Is GOG even allowed to update games here if their no longer being sold?
That is a good question. Hopefully it's not really an issue for older games. Even if GOG is allowed, will the publisher allow the developer to provide GOG updates on games no longer being sold?
why i dont' see prices in dollars? u said i can purchase in dollars, but my prices are in euro..what have u done to GoG? and why i can't post on the thread normally? i must use Replay to user and delete all text of direct replay to post a new comment? i don't see any replay to topic option.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by indio68
indio68: why i dont' see prices in dollars? u said i can purchase in dollars, but my prices are in euro..what have u done to GoG?
You need to go to the bottom of the page and change there to dollars
Attachments:
currency.png (241 Kb)
undeadcow: I think Nordic Games and now Frictional Games (response linked below) make good points about currency changes creating extra VAT costs for the developer or setting a standard that currency rates change too wildly for the publisher to be able to track. Hopefully GOG can see some of the flaws in it's currency exchange design and make necessary corrections.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/frictional_games_answer_to_amnesiapenumbra_games_pullout_from_gog
wwhere is the problem if they do a correct currency rate?..i dont see the problem..before a game paid in dollars for an european customer on gog costs less, if u do the same purchase on Steam or GG u loose money..
gadrael: Flat prices may not be fair, but at least all customers are treated equally.
JMich: Equality and equity. Treating everyone equally is not always a good thing.
Oh sure, be rational, reasonable, use critical thinking and deductive reasoning... :P

To wit!
indio68: why i dont' see prices in dollars? u said i can purchase in dollars, but my prices are in euro..what have u done to GoG?
moonshineshadow: You need to go to the bottom of the page and change there to dollars
thank you, not the best positioning or maybe was intended hiding it? sry bad eng
JMich: Equality and equity. Treating everyone equally is not always a good thing.
I understand the difference, but in real world it's more complicated. Customers who pay less gets goods and services of worse quality. But we are little off topic ^^
Post edited August 29, 2014 by gadrael
Klumpen0815: The only real fair solution would be a price dependend on the individual income (not some theoretical average income for a big ass area that has millionaires and slaves in it) OR a minimum price and a slider for what you are able to pay on top, pay what you want with a minimum setting that is identical everywhere.
Gersen: That wouldn't be "fair" at all, why would peoples with higher income have to "pay" more ? not everybody with an "high" income are millionaire children who inherited their money doing nothing, some actually worked hard for it, how would it be fair, to take an extreme example, that somebody who spend years in school/university and works 12 hours a day have to pay more than somebody who never worked in his life.
I think you misunderstood this passage or only read the first half to be able to object again. The slider would enable everyone to adjust it to what they can pay without force and the minimum setting would be what is currently the price for Russians f.e. (or whoever get the lowest prize now) At least there wouldn't be any discrimination in it. It's extremely discriminating now, because I don't earn more than most people in the "poor countries" and already climbed up the social ladder quite a bit.

It doesn't get more fair, there is just no way and you do not need to hint again, that absolute fairness isn't possible in this universe, that's evident.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Klumpen0815
ThomNG: Dear GOG Community,
Thank You, it's very refreshing when someone actually takes the time to explain why things sometimes have to be the way they are.

Here's hoping NG and GOG can workaround this somehow in the near future. Cheers.