It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join the guys in charge of GOG.com for a chat!

EDIT: The video has ended, but you can check out the recorded stream here (http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/4113792), or just watch the highlights below. Thanks for participating, and be sure to leave us any comments you have on the topics we discussed below! :)

GOG.com is going live on Twitch <span class="bold">today</span> and we'd like to heartily invite all of you to join us. Our founder, Marcin Iwiński (known in the forums as <i>iWi</i>), Piotr Karwowski (<i>Destro</i>), the VP of Online Technologies, and Trevor Longino (<i>TheEnigmaticT</i>), the Head of Marketing and PR, will do their best to answer your questions while remaining at least a bit entertaining, on Tuesday April 22, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT) in the [url=http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom]<span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span>.

This wouldn't be--of course--much of a Q&A if they didn't have any questions to answer. We count on you, dear GOGgers, to provide many interesting ones! There has been many interesting things happening around GOG.com, recently, so we're sure many of you have thing you'd like to ask us. There's a few ways to do that. You can ask your questions right here, in the forum thread below. You can sign in to the <span class="bold">Twitch live chat</span> as soon as the livestream starts, and post your thoughts and questions in there. Finally, you can tweet your question to our <span class="bold">@GOGcom Twitter account</span>, with the #GOGtwitch hashtag.

We'll be with you for at least an hour (we may end up going longer!), but that's probably still not enough time to answer all questions. We'll select just the ones we think are most common to the community as a whole, and the most interesting ones as well. After the livestream is done, we'll post a montage of its highlights with just a slight delay needed to put the thing together.

Again, we invite you to <span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span> today, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT), and we hope you'll find time to join us. In fact, drop half an hour early to catch our Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure gameplay stream!
TheEnigmaticT: That's quite nicely done. +1 all around! :)

EDIT: We'll get the highlights video posted shortly, by the way.
Awh, thanks! And please, pop me on the head if I'm stepping on anyone's toes (in the GOG office). I really don't mean to, I'm just doing it for a spot of fun.

Also, many thanks to the three of you for the great Q and A! It was really neat to watch.
TheEnigmaticT: That's quite nicely done. +1 all around! :)

EDIT: We'll get the highlights video posted shortly, by the way.
Melhelix: Awh, thanks! And please, pop me on the head if I'm stepping on anyone's toes (in the GOG office). I really don't mean to, I'm just doing it for a spot of fun.

Also, many thanks to the three of you for the great Q and A! It was really neat to watch.
If you like doing it, no one's stopping you :)
Did anyone ask them whatever happened to GOG merchandise store.. whether it will come back?.
Niggles: Did anyone ask them whatever happened to GOG merchandise store.. whether it will come back?.
Yeah they are thinking about it. But they need to find a solution for worldwide store and shipping. But they certainly are thinking about it.
I think TeT had drm-free t-shirt on and thats where the question came from since somebody on twitch or twitter wanted to have it.
Post edited April 23, 2014 by Matruchus
Niggles: Did anyone ask them whatever happened to GOG merchandise store.. whether it will come back?.
Matruchus: Yeah they are thinking about it. But they need to find a solution for worldwide store and shipping. But they certainly are thinking about it.
I think TeT had drm-free t-shirt on and thats where the question came from since somebody on twitch or twitter wanted to have it.
Really want that t-shirt as well, but can understand its not easy to get a worldwide solution for physical items.
Post edited April 23, 2014 by Lodium
Matruchus: Yeah they are thinking about it. But they need to find a solution for worldwide store and shipping. But they certainly are thinking about it.
Lodium: Really want that t-shirt as well, but can understand its not easy to get a worldwide solution for physical items.
I think the problem is with shipping costs - I think they would have to ship from Cyprus which probably does not have that cheap shipping, possibly. I don really know what it is.
Lodium: Really want that t-shirt as well, but can understand its not easy to get a worldwide solution for physical items.
Matruchus: I think the problem is with shipping costs - I think they would have to ship from Cyprus which probably does not have that cheap shipping, possibly. I don really know what it is.
Shipping cost have skyrocketed in my contry so i dont think its only one contry, but i migth be wrong asuming prices has increased more for all contrys.
Still remember the 90,s when shipping wasnt that costly.
Nowadays as soon as your shipment goes up in size and weigth it cost alot more than it used to do, especially if your gonna ship internatonal with tracking at least if your gonna send as a private person.
Companys get a bit cheaper because of bulk shipments.
I think its actually cheaper to send to Norway from China than from Norway to China.

Though it migth also have to do that we still have some kind of state monopoly on our post services thats still in effect
so i woudnt rule out high prices only in certian contrys.
Post edited April 23, 2014 by Lodium
Matruchus: I think the problem is with shipping costs - I think they would have to ship from Cyprus which probably does not have that cheap shipping, possibly. I don really know what it is.
Lodium: Shipping cost have skyrocketed in my contry so i dont think its only one contry, but i migth be wrong asuming prices has increased more for all contrys.
Still remember the 90,s when shipping wasnt that costly.
Nowadays as soon as your shipment goes up in size and weigth it cost alot more than it used to do, especially if your gonna ship internatonal with tracking at least if your gonna send as a private person.
Companys get a bit cheaper because of bulk shipments.
I know what you mean. Its really funny if I shipp for example something from Slovenia to Germany (lowest possible weight) it costs me about 20€ (DHL) and I get stuff from Germany with DHL (lowest weight) where I pay less then 5€ shipping. Its so disproportianate. Well will see what happens. Hope they will sell those t-shirts that TeT had :)
Yeah Chinese shipping is cheap :) but there are hidden traps in the customs - plaquarism, license problems and such.
For anybody interested gog.com Twitch highlights are on Youtube now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcEticbArIk&amp;list=UUNeU-ameY0dcKiltExqvhIw
Lodium: ... Really want that t-shirt as well, but can understand its not easy to get a worldwide solution for physical items.
I think they should not start with a worldwide solution for anything physical. Even amazon is not present in some countries. Just target the most important markets first and search for partners for selling merchandise and offer some shipping at extra costs for those who are not living in the most important markets. After all merchandise is not the main product.
Post edited April 23, 2014 by Trilarion
Can I PLEASE get a link to logo of DRM-Free Revolution? I wanna use it as my steam avatar ironically enough .. Friggin forced drm client bullcrap!
bouncedk: Can I PLEASE get a link to logo of DRM-Free Revolution? I wanna use it as my steam avatar ironically enough .. Friggin forced drm client bullcrap!
Enjoy :) You may have to trim it juuuust a tad with all the excess white space :)
Attachments:
Oh, the Gogbear's name is Theodore? Now I know how to address him properly when he turns up unexpectedly.

That was really fun to watch guys, thanks for doing it. I for one would be in favor of more Twitch.tv chats.
JudasIscariot: Enjoy :) You may have to trim it juuuust a tad with all the excess white space :)
I like it :-)
JudasIscariot: Enjoy :) You may have to trim it juuuust a tad with all the excess white space :)
Did You guys steal the design from the movie Undercover Brother (2002) which had the B.R.O.T.H.E.R.H.O.O.D organization in it? ;)
Attachments:
undercov.jpg (39 Kb)