It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join the guys in charge of GOG.com for a chat!

EDIT: The video has ended, but you can check out the recorded stream here (http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/4113792), or just watch the highlights below. Thanks for participating, and be sure to leave us any comments you have on the topics we discussed below! :)

GOG.com is going live on Twitch <span class="bold">today</span> and we'd like to heartily invite all of you to join us. Our founder, Marcin Iwiński (known in the forums as <i>iWi</i>), Piotr Karwowski (<i>Destro</i>), the VP of Online Technologies, and Trevor Longino (<i>TheEnigmaticT</i>), the Head of Marketing and PR, will do their best to answer your questions while remaining at least a bit entertaining, on Tuesday April 22, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT) in the [url=http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom]<span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span>.

This wouldn't be--of course--much of a Q&A if they didn't have any questions to answer. We count on you, dear GOGgers, to provide many interesting ones! There has been many interesting things happening around GOG.com, recently, so we're sure many of you have thing you'd like to ask us. There's a few ways to do that. You can ask your questions right here, in the forum thread below. You can sign in to the <span class="bold">Twitch live chat</span> as soon as the livestream starts, and post your thoughts and questions in there. Finally, you can tweet your question to our <span class="bold">@GOGcom Twitter account</span>, with the #GOGtwitch hashtag.

We'll be with you for at least an hour (we may end up going longer!), but that's probably still not enough time to answer all questions. We'll select just the ones we think are most common to the community as a whole, and the most interesting ones as well. After the livestream is done, we'll post a montage of its highlights with just a slight delay needed to put the thing together.

Again, we invite you to <span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span> today, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT), and we hope you'll find time to join us. In fact, drop half an hour early to catch our Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure gameplay stream!
quick question. 1 hour 15mins is a long session.was it mostly informative interesting or were most the questions answered silly fluff and people messing around?
Lodium: [..]Yea its my dream as well, Lucasart dream[..]
..and they replied to my live comment about Lucasarts.. this GOGfan is pleased :D
Post edited April 22, 2014 by phaolo
Still waiting for the highlights to be posted... wonder what's taking so long.
Niggles: quick question. 1 hour 15mins is a long session.was it mostly informative interesting or were most the questions answered silly fluff and people messing around?
Some informative interesting stuff, some silly stuff, and some stuff we have heard about before, a good mix really.
They said they woud be wery pleased to get sugestions on how to improve the GoG mixes and the website itself.
We just have to make a poll and start voting and if it makes sense and they are able to do it they will implement it, if enough votes.

BKGaming: Still waiting for the highlights to be posted... wonder what's taking so long.
Give them some time
They said they had to head home to prepare and recharge the batterys for the next workday at the end of the video.
They arent machines you kniow.
Post edited April 22, 2014 by Lodium
MoP: You can view the recorded stream here (slow as hell though, at least on my end):
http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/b/522130323
Ah, much obliged!

BKGaming: Still waiting for the highlights to be posted... wonder what's taking so long.
That would be because the stream wrapped up at around 9:15 pm in Poland and it is a working day tomorrow, thus they went home. I'm sure a list of highlights will be up tomorrow.

And if I get bored enough I might do a full transcription way later tonight. I'm not sure though, an hour and some odd would be longer than anything I've done before. Hmmm.
I think there won't be any highlights up today. They were saying a bit before the end about going home since it was already 9.15 pm. Afterall its 0.26 in Europe now. Also going to sleep now. Good night guys.
Post edited April 22, 2014 by Matruchus
Ah okay thanks guys... just sounded like they had planned to have it up right afterwords. Not a big deal though. Lol.
MoP: You can view the recorded stream here (slow as hell though, at least on my end):
http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/b/522130323
Melhelix: Ah, much obliged!

Melhelix: That would be because the stream wrapped up at around 9:15 pm in Poland and it is a working day tomorrow, thus they went home. I'm sure a list of highlights will be up tomorrow.

And if I get bored enough I might do a full transcription way later tonight. I'm not sure though, an hour and some odd would be longer than anything I've done before. Hmmm.
You can copy the part i tried to transcript but did a pretty poor job at, edit and correct any spelling mistakes and add it to your own if you want, if that saves any work.
Not being a native english speaker makes it hard to write 100 % correct grammar at all times.
Lodium: You can copy the part i tried to transcript but did a pretty poor job at, edit and correct any spelling mistakes and add it to your own if you want, if that saves any work.
Not being a native english speaker makes it hard to write 100 % correct grammar at all times.
Hey, no worries. I'm quite certain that your English is way better than my Italian. I never have any trouble understanding you, so you're doing really, really well using it as an extra language. :)
BKGaming: Ah okay thanks guys... just sounded like they had planned to have it up right afterwords. Not a big deal though. Lol.
If you missed it and have a while, the full stream recording became available mere minutes after it finished. http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/b/522130323
Post edited April 22, 2014 by Maighstir
For anyone interested in downloading the video - you can go here and put the link provided by MoP in the "Video Link " box, then click on "Download Now". This will result into three video-segments that can be downloaded either directly via browser or with your favourite Download Manager S/W.

Be warned though, the first two are around 490MB each and the last one 380MB.
Lodium: and they said they only was close once but the deal went in the sink because of the disney buyout.
Yeah, that sounds about right. The Disney buyout happened the week after one of the GOG employees said they were super close to signing a big three publisher. I figured it was LucasArts, but it's nice to know for sure.
megarock58: Are you joking?
Matruchus: No they actually said that they are close to an agreement with the licence holders for lucasarts games. Check the twitch stream. Thats the only developer they actually spoke about.
Not exactly. Bethesda was a matter, too. But more kind of "please talk with us". So, Disney/Lucas Arts might happen in a foreseeable future, a return of Fallout not...
I'm a bit disappointed because we didn't get to see Emily.
Matruchus: No they actually said that they are close to an agreement with the licence holders for lucasarts games. Check the twitch stream.
Lodium: I already watched it
and they said they only was close once but the deal went in the sink because of the disney buyout.
They are still working on it but they cant say the date but as soon as they know they will anounce something.
About 32 : 30 in the video.

Il Transkript word for word

Were left with Lucas art and microsoft
Have there been any progress on these, what do you want to share marcini anything going on?

Alot of things gong on
i mean, we deffintly woudnt want to overpromise and underdeliver
so please dont catch me by my word or anything like that
but lucas art we are working hard at that one and a few more things as well
and i can tell you how hard we have been workking with it.

The first meeting i had with Lucas was four years ago and i myself visited them myself twice
and two or tree times on conventions and then (I think he talks about his boss here coudnt clearly make out the name or what job he had) was meeting them several times and we were wery close to making a deal and then we found out that Disney aquired them and we lost a lot of time on it.
A Bit unclear here so sorry in advance if i heard wrong.
Not to blame Disney or anything but when Such things as acquisition happens our proposal/offer has to be disgested
internally
So Yes we are working on it
Whenever we are able to say hey its coming and announce the date we will emidetly do that.
Yea its my dream as well, Lucasart dream.

After that they talked about Tatoos and a question from Stumpy
about russian pricing.
Sorry for any spelling errors in advance.
Thank you for typing all that out. +1