It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join the guys in charge of GOG.com for a chat!

EDIT: The video has ended, but you can check out the recorded stream here (http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/4113792), or just watch the highlights below. Thanks for participating, and be sure to leave us any comments you have on the topics we discussed below! :)

GOG.com is going live on Twitch <span class="bold">today</span> and we'd like to heartily invite all of you to join us. Our founder, Marcin Iwiński (known in the forums as <i>iWi</i>), Piotr Karwowski (<i>Destro</i>), the VP of Online Technologies, and Trevor Longino (<i>TheEnigmaticT</i>), the Head of Marketing and PR, will do their best to answer your questions while remaining at least a bit entertaining, on Tuesday April 22, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT) in the [url=http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom]<span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span>.

This wouldn't be--of course--much of a Q&A if they didn't have any questions to answer. We count on you, dear GOGgers, to provide many interesting ones! There has been many interesting things happening around GOG.com, recently, so we're sure many of you have thing you'd like to ask us. There's a few ways to do that. You can ask your questions right here, in the forum thread below. You can sign in to the <span class="bold">Twitch live chat</span> as soon as the livestream starts, and post your thoughts and questions in there. Finally, you can tweet your question to our <span class="bold">@GOGcom Twitter account</span>, with the #GOGtwitch hashtag.

We'll be with you for at least an hour (we may end up going longer!), but that's probably still not enough time to answer all questions. We'll select just the ones we think are most common to the community as a whole, and the most interesting ones as well. After the livestream is done, we'll post a montage of its highlights with just a slight delay needed to put the thing together.

Again, we invite you to <span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span> today, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT), and we hope you'll find time to join us. In fact, drop half an hour early to catch our Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure gameplay stream!
Lemon_Curry:
I'm currently in lecture. I guess I could mute it, but I doubt that there are subtitles.
Can anyone ask them when will Ubisoft release some of their Classic games here like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 2 and 3 and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. Or At Least why Ubisoft has not release them here yet despite already having the first of both games?
Post edited April 22, 2014 by Elmofongo
loving the twitch stream, specially about "3rd world" currency policies etc
but can you guys please tell us about the brazilian shaman playing gog games in the middle of the amazon rainforest?
damn curious here!
Is the guy with Glasses EnigmaticT? because he said he loves Mechwarrior 2 mercenary so much.
vicklemos: loving the twitch stream, specially about "3rd world" currency policies etc
but can you guys please tell us about the brazilian shaman playing gog games in the middle of the amazon rainforest?
damn curious here!
Hating that I can't access it.
ShadowWulfe: I bet it's happening right now and I cannot watch. ='(
Lemon_Curry: Have you tried switching to the low quality setting?
What settings? All I get is a grey web page with a twitch logo in the center of it.

It would be nice if the chat were at least irc based or otherwise accessible for those who can't use twitch.
Post edited April 22, 2014 by rawmilk905
rawmilk905: Following the link... I see nothing but the twitch logo.

I am running Windows 7 & Linux Mint 16 dual boot.

I run Firefox in both.

My crappy internet connection is from Verizon, a regional monopoly with a pathetic download speed of 1.77 MB/second.

I am in a region blighted beyond much hope by the US police state.

I guess one or more of these factors means I can't participate today.
I had the same issue. Consider restarting FireFox with addons disabled. Disabling HTTPS-Everywhere did the trick for me. In addition, there is some related discussion here.
Post edited April 22, 2014 by chevkoch
I missed pretty much the whole thing, so will there be a recap?
@GOG

Thanks for answering my vague question! By an alternative to steamworks, i was thinking towards providing those things which developers keep using as excuse as to why they release games as steamworks exclusives. Such as Patching, Mod and Map Hosting, Multiplayer, etc. And some gamers want achievements and whatever else. Unfortunately i am ignorant of how the industry and even the technology works. But man, i really really want to see steamworks humbled a bit. There is no other company i wish to see rise against steam more than i do GOG.

i wondered that GOG might be able to provide some of this functionality in a friendly DRM-free way. Something to entice developers to push their publishers to publish on GOG. And some fun options for gamers, to do that social thing some seem to like.

For the question regarding Mod Hosting - i totally agree about needing permission! And a challenge it would be to get permissions (though not insurmountable - hire me, or some other low wage contractor to research mods, make contacts, etc!). From the Civ community i see many modders frustrated that they can find no stable hosting. Those folks are Looking for someplace to host their work. You couldn't get every mod, and not every mod is worth the bandwidth, but i imagine many would be. If you don't do your own thing, perhaps do a link-share partnership with someone like ModDB (or is Desura a competitor to GOG?). i think access to mods might push sales. idk

Thanks GOG for keeping us in the loop, and keeping things real!
QUESTION: What are the prospects of seeing games from LucasArts or Humongous Entertainment released on GOG.com?
rawmilk905: Following the link... I see nothing but the twitch logo.

I am running Windows 7 & Linux Mint 16 dual boot.

I run Firefox in both.

My crappy internet connection is from Verizon, a regional monopoly with a pathetic download speed of 1.77 MB/second.

I am in a region blighted beyond much hope by the US police state.

I guess one or more of these factors means I can't participate today.
chevkoch: I had the same issue. Consider restarting FireFox with addons disabled. Disabling HTTPS-Everywhere did the trick for me. In addition, there is some related discussion here.
I'm REALLY hating twitch. I can't chat because the site won't let me register with them. The playback stutters for me even on the mobile setting.

No gogbear appearances, but the twitch logo most of the hour was a fairly equivalent stand-in.
Post edited April 22, 2014 by rawmilk905
Pseudoman: QUESTION: What are the prospects of seeing games from LucasArts or Humongous Entertainment released on GOG.com?
Yeah, there are a ton of LucasArts games I'd like to see on GOG like Outlaws!
I would like to see more announcements from GOG, like what´s going on, what we working in, what games are coming, etc. I feel very poor feedback from them about these matters. Thanks!
That was a fun session, thanks a lot guys.
Damn! I only caught the last 15 mins. Please tell me someone recorded that and it will show up somewhere later.
loved the entire thing
you guys seemed friendly as hell
thanks GOG, as usual :D