It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join the guys in charge of GOG.com for a chat!

EDIT: The video has ended, but you can check out the recorded stream here (http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/4113792), or just watch the highlights below. Thanks for participating, and be sure to leave us any comments you have on the topics we discussed below! :)

GOG.com is going live on Twitch <span class="bold">today</span> and we'd like to heartily invite all of you to join us. Our founder, Marcin Iwiński (known in the forums as <i>iWi</i>), Piotr Karwowski (<i>Destro</i>), the VP of Online Technologies, and Trevor Longino (<i>TheEnigmaticT</i>), the Head of Marketing and PR, will do their best to answer your questions while remaining at least a bit entertaining, on Tuesday April 22, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT) in the [url=http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom]<span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span>.

This wouldn't be--of course--much of a Q&A if they didn't have any questions to answer. We count on you, dear GOGgers, to provide many interesting ones! There has been many interesting things happening around GOG.com, recently, so we're sure many of you have thing you'd like to ask us. There's a few ways to do that. You can ask your questions right here, in the forum thread below. You can sign in to the <span class="bold">Twitch live chat</span> as soon as the livestream starts, and post your thoughts and questions in there. Finally, you can tweet your question to our <span class="bold">@GOGcom Twitter account</span>, with the #GOGtwitch hashtag.

We'll be with you for at least an hour (we may end up going longer!), but that's probably still not enough time to answer all questions. We'll select just the ones we think are most common to the community as a whole, and the most interesting ones as well. After the livestream is done, we'll post a montage of its highlights with just a slight delay needed to put the thing together.

Again, we invite you to <span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span> today, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT), and we hope you'll find time to join us. In fact, drop half an hour early to catch our Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure gameplay stream!
Do you have any plans on providing more community features on GOG website, like public profiles, shelves, wishlists, and friend lists?
Or maybe you prefer to keep it simple here and continue building your community only on GOG forums and exteral sites (like FB)?
I have a quick question: Can we look forward to more DOS games in future? GOG has many amazing games from that time period and I'd love to play more. ^_^

Thanks for your time, Rock On! ^_^

frostmourne8: As far as Epic goes, the Unreal games are great, but what about Jazz Jackrabbit, Jill of the Jungle, and One Must Fall 2097? these game deserve a spot in your catalog as much as any other.
One Must Fall 2097!!! ^_^
GOG, if you're worried that it won't sell for some reason try pairing it with One Must Fall: Battleground if possible. -_^
(Because I would buy both in a heartbeat!)
Post edited April 19, 2014 by SpellSword
Have you guys, being you specifically first and foremost, the staff of gog.com, picked up any traditions, or custom, as part of your operation? Any interesting practices, legends, or traditions you have? Like for example, "the lounge microwave is haunted by the ghost of gdoc's two-day old burrito". Or you have highscore competitions in some old game or something? Something sort of like that. Also, seeing has how you are so tight with CDPRED, do they have any? Is there any crossover? Annual softball? Do things get personal at it? that kind of stuff.

How do you view the other major forces in digital distribution right now, and how do you view your own place in it? Have either of these viewpoints changed since when you started, to now? Do you think others' have changed of you?

Of all the publishers that you deal with, which one has your relationship improved with the most since you started talking to them? That is, which one was the most tepid with you of the ones you have good standing with now? Which has warmed up to you the most? Why do you think that is? If you can't name names, then maybe you could say on scale of one to ten where it was then and now?

Does TET alliterate just when he's speaking around the office?

Was there ever a moment where you felt like gog.com was not going to work?

What were you feeling when you first decided to do gog.com? What were you feeling when it first went live?

Have any good stories to share?

What's you threes' favorite food.

OK I think that is all of em. I reworded some of them to make them a bit easier on you.
Post edited April 21, 2014 by johnnygoging
I've seen quite a few good questions being asked in some other threads, so I'm bumping this one so people can ask them in here.

It's happening tomorrow, so hurry up! :D
TheFrenchMonk: My questions are rather easy, I hope you will appreciate this supportive gesture from me and pick one of them.
I read this in my best Darth Vader voice because it feels so candidly diabolical if you think about it and/or disregard what follows.
These would be my top questions:

1. Does GOG plan to add a game client while remaining DRM free to allow gamers a way to organize/install/ download/ update/ & shop for all there GOG games in an easy to use manor?

2. Does GOG plan to compete with Steam an offer features that steam provides while remaining DRM free such as achievements/ mod support/ multiplayer servers... ect?

3. Does GOG have plans to expand beyond DRM free gaming and jump into other DRM free media such as books, movies/tv shows, or music?
GOG seems to have many titles of Deep Silver/Piranha Bytes.

Any chance of Risen 3 on release in August?
What about Sacred 2/3 and Metro?
If there's still time, here's one more, split in several sub-questions.

This is about something tfishell and I discussed in "This week's Enigmatic Hint" thread - for context see , [url=https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/this_weeks_enigmatic_hint/post585]this, , [url=http://tfishell]this and this post.

So, the question(s):
-- How much and in what ways do you think that the various exclusives you signed early on did help GOG get to where it is today, both in terms of catalogue and user base?
-- What and by how much would be different today if GOG hadn't secured these exclusives?
-- Is there anything (and what) GOG would have done differently if it hadn't these exclusives?

Cheers!

EDIT: typo
Post edited April 21, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
So we´ll proberbly get some surprise releases this evening instead of this "HighNoon"?
RadonGOG: So we´ll proberbly get some surprise releases this evening instead of this "HighNoon"?
It's probably unwise to *expect* that - Tesla Effect was scheduled to release today but got held back, so it's not a *planned* Suspicious Absence. But there's always a possibility, I guess...
RadonGOG: So we´ll proberbly get some surprise releases this evening instead of this "HighNoon"?
mclem: It's probably unwise to *expect* that - Tesla Effect was scheduled to release today but got held back, so it's not a *planned* Suspicious Absence. But there's always a possibility, I guess...
Accordingly to Judas, there'll be a release at 7PM Poland time. (that should be uh... 2 days from now ;p)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/where_the_hell_is_tuesdays_new_game/post1508
sounds fun...I'll be at work though... :(
Was expecting this to get a bit more attention that it seems to have gotten, but anyway, here are some from me too:

1. To start in the most direct manner, after the whole regional pricing thing, the way it started I mean, how can we truly trust you again? Meaning this quite literally, how would it be possible to once again offer quite that level of confidence? Or was it wrong that there were people who had more confidence in you than would be "normal" in a client-business relationship in the first place?

2. Speaking of that, do you have more details of the plans to introduce store credit? What about any other ways to charge said account once you do?

3. In line with what others have asked as well, are there any plans, or at least vague ideas floating around, to expand beyond games, to offer DRM-free (and non-regionally-priced) ebooks, movies, music, other software...? Not necessarily on GOG, but maybe on some sister site I guess?

4. Especially with newer games making up more and more of new additions, how do you plan to make patching easier? On top of making sure nobody ever has to reinstall a game for a patch, what about some patchers to handle the matter? Not referring to a Steam-like generic one (I guess one could be optional for those who want it, but definitely NOT what I'd care about in any way), but to individual game patchers, and of course also to making sure the patchers included in the games that do have them built-in work properly with your version as well.

5. Is there anything specific the community as a whole, not necessarily people with specific skills or connections, can do to help you get more games (and maybe not only games) and better deals? Any preferred "targets" we should try to pressure, any preferred methods to apply said pressure, any issues we should take up discussing in other places...?
How long before video will be available on youtube?
How come I don't know what Twitch is ?