It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join the guys in charge of GOG.com for a chat!

EDIT: The video has ended, but you can check out the recorded stream here (http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/4113792), or just watch the highlights below. Thanks for participating, and be sure to leave us any comments you have on the topics we discussed below! :)

GOG.com is going live on Twitch <span class="bold">today</span> and we'd like to heartily invite all of you to join us. Our founder, Marcin Iwiński (known in the forums as <i>iWi</i>), Piotr Karwowski (<i>Destro</i>), the VP of Online Technologies, and Trevor Longino (<i>TheEnigmaticT</i>), the Head of Marketing and PR, will do their best to answer your questions while remaining at least a bit entertaining, on Tuesday April 22, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT) in the [url=http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom]<span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span>.

This wouldn't be--of course--much of a Q&A if they didn't have any questions to answer. We count on you, dear GOGgers, to provide many interesting ones! There has been many interesting things happening around GOG.com, recently, so we're sure many of you have thing you'd like to ask us. There's a few ways to do that. You can ask your questions right here, in the forum thread below. You can sign in to the <span class="bold">Twitch live chat</span> as soon as the livestream starts, and post your thoughts and questions in there. Finally, you can tweet your question to our <span class="bold">@GOGcom Twitter account</span>, with the #GOGtwitch hashtag.

We'll be with you for at least an hour (we may end up going longer!), but that's probably still not enough time to answer all questions. We'll select just the ones we think are most common to the community as a whole, and the most interesting ones as well. After the livestream is done, we'll post a montage of its highlights with just a slight delay needed to put the thing together.

Again, we invite you to <span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span> today, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT), and we hope you'll find time to join us. In fact, drop half an hour early to catch our Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure gameplay stream!
MrAlphaNumeric: *face palm *
I just now actually read the date of the Q&A. For some reason I thought it was today... too keen I guess :P
JudasIscariot: Orrrrr too *sunglasses* Keane

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://youtu.be/mznsEcZlM2I?t=36s
looks like I'll be able to make it

Looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us!
I just love the way how you guys are running your business. It`s so exiting to see, how you are managing the things. Honestly you guys rock. And no, i didn`t subscribed to TETs channel or filled his inbox ;)
Post edited April 16, 2014 by Pixelion
There will be a text version for people who dislike clips?
My question: will you continue to add old, classic games to your catalogue, or will GOG definitely shift its focus toward selling new, contemporary titles? If we take a look at the community wishlist, we see that sadly many great titles from the past are still missing - are you still working to get the rights to them, or did you finally give up because of unsurmountable legal difficulties? Is there any reasonable hope to see them on sale here one day? Will you ever release C64, Amiga, or even console and arcade games, in particular?

PS
I would like to know if there's going to be a transcript, too.
MrAlphaNumeric: *face palm *
I just now actually read the date of the Q&A. For some reason I thought it was today... too keen I guess :P
JudasIscariot: Orrrrr too *sunglasses* Keane

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
oh god. i was waiting for someone to make that pun.
Zurvan7: 3) How would you convince bigger publishers that have their own DRM and absolutely want to enforce their DRM policies to offer their titles on gog. Do you approach them by numbers, sales figures or explaining that DRM will harm more costumers that it benefits them etc.
This is one of many questions I would like answered as well. With many great games that are locked into DRM such as Dragon Age: Origins and Far Cry: Blood Dragon it would be a a great loss to the gaming community if something like Games for Windows Live happens. If there is not enough support to transition these games to be still playable when companies go out of business or remove games from their library into something similar to DRM free platforms then these games are lost to problems with IP rights (ahem Fallout). Which is another great thing that even if a game is removed from sale by GOG if it was purchased previously then that game is still available in your games list to be able to download and play.
Okay, I have a couple of questions. One of which has been asked before but I am kind of expanding a bit on the questions everyone else had asked already, the others are fairly unique.

1) When you say you are "doubling down on DRM-free", what exactly are you driving at? Will we, eventually, have GOG.com as an outlet to rival iTunes for movies, TV shows, eBooks, and the like? Or is it just focused on games and (maybe) applications? Because, especially with applications, seeing people like Square Enix, Adobe, and the like basically doubling down on these horribly anti-consumer ideals like DRM, I think it is high time GOG.com took on the idea of locking down a game, or any application for that matter, just to preserve profits and start taking huge strides to prove that the truth is exactly the opposite.

2) Following on from the above, I don't know if you know of the author Cory Doctorow, but he recently tried to publish a DRM-free audiobook of his book Homeland and is not able to sell it on the biggest platform for such titles, Audible.com, simply because Audible.com does not sell DRM-free audiobooks. Any chance we can get DRM-free audiobooks too?

3) Sega has a metric ton of great classic PC titles, many of which were ported over from the Mega Drive (which was the Genesis for me) and I want to be able to get their classic PC titles here, along with their... not good ports of their more popular MD titles AND the first Shogun: Total War, which I sadly still haven't played and I am not able to get into the Total War series as a result. Until and unless the original Shogun: Total War comes onto GOG, I am having to avoid the Total War games because I want to play every one of them, in the order they were released. I know, I'm weird. So, what's the ETA for getting Sega onboard?

4) I am one of the weirdest people in existence. I know this for a fact. So, to that end, will we ever see Psygnosis games on here (may they RIP), and more specifically the hugely popular Lemmings franchise?
MrAlphaNumeric: What the hell happened? I'm late? How long did it last?
JudasIscariot: You're early actually :)
I only just realised it was next week LOL...
Why is I'76 still broken? :P
As a colleague of those who will be behind the camera next week, here are some questions :

1- what is the success you guys are most proud of in GOG's history, as well as the failure you are most upset about?

2- what is your favorite classic on GOG? Favorite modern title?

3- will there ever be a mousepad or a tshirt featuring the famous "Marcin Iwinski" (aka "Iwi")'s memes created by our users?

My questions are rather easy, I hope you will appreciate this supportive gesture from me and pick one of them.
More seriously, I am wishing everybody to have a good moment, won't be able to watch you guys, as I will be flying over Germany by that time :)

Best DRM-free wishes,

Guillaume-
Post edited April 17, 2014 by TheFrenchMonk
Old console games are quite discussed in the Community Wishlist[1]. As well explained in the comment there are no technical problems as Dosbox emulates a 486 with DOS pcsx emulates a playstation.
My question is, why not? Companies are willingly to sell licenses for DOS games, but not for PSX or SEGA?
Or as mentioned in the comments the pirate way is so easy that trying a lawful way would be a waste of effort?

[1] http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/console_games_added_to_gogcom_using_emulators_like_with_dos_games
Post edited April 17, 2014 by etb
BJWanlund: 4) I am one of the weirdest people in existence. I know this for a fact. So, to that end, will we ever see Psygnosis games on here (may they RIP), and more specifically the hugely popular Lemmings franchise?
+repped for lemmings. and poor psygnosis :(
JKHSawyer: Why is I'76 still broken? :P
try running it in software mode!
Post edited April 17, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
Most of my questions have to do with old games on the wishlist already, but from what I can see, you guys have a relationship with Activision and Epic Megagames, so why don't you have the old Star Trek PC games? Stuff like the original Elite Force, Starfleet Command, Armada, Judgement Rites, and so forth? They go for far more than they're worth on Amazon and eBay, and I would like to give Activision money for them rather than these reseller clowns, so it should be an easy sell.

As far as Epic goes, the Unreal games are great, but what about Jazz Jackrabbit, Jill of the Jungle, and One Must Fall 2097? these game deserve a spot in your catalog as much as any other.

cheers

oh PS COMMANDER KEEN!