It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join the guys in charge of GOG.com for a chat!

EDIT: The video has ended, but you can check out the recorded stream here (http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/4113792), or just watch the highlights below. Thanks for participating, and be sure to leave us any comments you have on the topics we discussed below! :)

GOG.com is going live on Twitch <span class="bold">today</span> and we'd like to heartily invite all of you to join us. Our founder, Marcin Iwiński (known in the forums as <i>iWi</i>), Piotr Karwowski (<i>Destro</i>), the VP of Online Technologies, and Trevor Longino (<i>TheEnigmaticT</i>), the Head of Marketing and PR, will do their best to answer your questions while remaining at least a bit entertaining, on Tuesday April 22, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT) in the [url=http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom]<span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span>.

This wouldn't be--of course--much of a Q&A if they didn't have any questions to answer. We count on you, dear GOGgers, to provide many interesting ones! There has been many interesting things happening around GOG.com, recently, so we're sure many of you have thing you'd like to ask us. There's a few ways to do that. You can ask your questions right here, in the forum thread below. You can sign in to the <span class="bold">Twitch live chat</span> as soon as the livestream starts, and post your thoughts and questions in there. Finally, you can tweet your question to our <span class="bold">@GOGcom Twitter account</span>, with the #GOGtwitch hashtag.

We'll be with you for at least an hour (we may end up going longer!), but that's probably still not enough time to answer all questions. We'll select just the ones we think are most common to the community as a whole, and the most interesting ones as well. After the livestream is done, we'll post a montage of its highlights with just a slight delay needed to put the thing together.

Again, we invite you to <span class="bold">GOG.com Official Twitch.tv Channel</span> today, 6:00PM GMT (that's 2:00 PM EDT and 11:00 AM PDT), and we hope you'll find time to join us. In fact, drop half an hour early to catch our Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure gameplay stream!
tinyE: What about Diner's Club? :P
Niggles: Are they even still around? the last time i heard of them was when customers i dealt with wanted to sign up with AOL (part of my shady past.......lol) :P
I don't know. I haven't had a credit card in my name in 20 years.
tinyE: drealmer7 seems to think I'm being racist.

I disagree but I apologize if it was taken that way.
drealmer7: For some reason this person has decided to be a jerk to me after I maturely addressed an issue I had with him in a PM. I never called him a racist, or even implied it. I told him how I viewed what he said, and HE probably felt like a racist after realizing the ignorance of what he said. Why he wishes to take it on in a public forum is baffling, but I imagine it is due to extreme immaturity and lack of guidance from any parental source. Here's our entire conversation so people may see the truth rather than just hate-filled propaganda being spewed by this fool. And he wonders why I don't frequent the forums, because it is ruined by idiots like him.

ME: Stupidity and inanity get low-rated in my world. Just because they're Poland-based doesn't give license to make sausage jokes - it's pretty ignorant and no more funny than asking people who live/work in Japan about sushi in a mocking manner.

HIM: You don't spend much time in the forum, do you? Sausages are an on going joke thrown around by several of us and has nothing to do with race or nationality. I'll grant you it was a stupid posts and I'll take my lump for that but I do not take kindly to be called or even insinuated as a racist.

ME: Nope, not much time on the forums, obviously. I don't mean to insinuate anything. If you don't want to appear ignorant and racist perhaps consider what you are saying and who you are saying it to. I mean, why/how would you ask such ridiculous sausage questions directed at Polish people and not be commenting on their heritage/diets? And if you weren't intending that, that is why I used the term ignorant, not racist. I'm not trying to argue at all or call you racist, seriously, I don't know you. But you can see how such a thing could be taken, yes? Which is why I made the sushi comparison, to show how it could appear to others. You wouldn't make joking questions about fried chicken and watermelon to black people, would you?

I wasn't the only one to low-rate you either, and taking pot-shots in the forums is simply immature. I addressed my issue with you in a PM, not in an open forum. Would you like me to address it in an open forum? I certainly don't "hang out wanting to be offended." Grow up. Do something productive with your time.

HIM: I think it's best if the two of us just avoid each other. The forum is big enough for both of us.

And now he has me blocked so I can no longer address my issues with him privately...so here it is, in the open forum, completely inappropriate and unnecessary. What the hell is wrong with people?
deonast: Am I missing something, Looking at your posts in this thread I can't work out why you've been down rated. What's the political correctness angle I'm some how missing? Maybe I'm too tired, I just don't see it.
drealmer7: It's easy to miss when he edits and deletes the things he's been down-rated for.
Niggles: There are serial downreppers scatterred throughout the forums who have got it in for people in general :/
drealmer7: I've only down-rated posts 2 or 3 times ever in my entire time coming here. I don't do it arbitrarily, and it is never directed at someone personally, but at what they say. TinyE said some stupid shit, I down-rated it, and his ego is now hurting and feels the need to lash out and be even stupider. *shrug* some people just suck.
Perhaps I'm ignorant I've never associated sausages with Polish nationality so I guess I'd never make the connection. Are they famous for them or something. I don't think I'd take offense about comments about pavlova (though the New Zealanders will probably claim that one as theirs).

Perhaps the way to settle this would be to ask the resident polish folk what they think. I'm assuming by your location you are American so taking offense on their behalf?

Hmm I just googled polish sausage, think I might go to bed before I get hungry.

Don't think I'll be able to make the twitch.tv session, I'd suspect time zones would mean I'm either working or sleeping.
Post edited April 16, 2014 by deonast
??? @ GOG - Many of the games you sell are moddable classics with a great many user mods having been made. But sadly i continue to find broken download links on even the major fan sites. With many of these sites shutting down (i just run across this again in the last few weeks with Civilization mods - it seems CivFanatics may be the only big site left, some mods never made it there). What a shame it is that these great works are unavailable.

i wonder if GOG would consider some long term mod hosting. For me and i presume many others, mods make good games everlasting. These modable classics you sell, would perhaps sell even better if people were to become aware of some these mods. Like, guy plays game X in the past. Loved it but moved on and has since got rid of the discs. Sees the game available on GOG but despite loving it doesn't want it cuz the content is stale to them. But then they see a cool mod based on that game, hosted here at GOG, so they repurchase it. Or, gamer is sorta meh about a given game but then they see a mod based on their favorite television show or book series, so without hesitation they buy the game cuz they want that mod.
Post edited April 16, 2014 by WhiteElk
etb: ...If the IP is used, is it lawful to change my location using VPNs?
Trilarion: I'm not GOG but I didn't find anything specific about this issue in their ToS. So I guess since using VPNs in general is not forbidden that it must be allowed.

My guess is that as long as not 80% of GOG customers seem to move to Russia they will continue to not forbid it in the hope that not too many people do it.
Actually, it would be only reasonable way to stop this regional pricing nonsense. But it won't happen, in general people don't care. Otherwise we would not have DRM :)
Any chance of LucasArts adventure games coming on to GOG? Are you at least trying to get the rights? Does LucasArts having been bought by Disney affect anything, for better or for worse?
I was at EB Games buying a game for my nephew when I noticed Steam gift cards available to purchase.

Are there any plans for GOG to make gift cards available for purchase in any store or gas station?
TheEnigmaticT: In other news, hello, several hundred people. Nice to see you in my inbox. :P
Don't delete, they want to stay:)
My question:

What are the plans for the downloadmanager? Are you planning to make a gamemanager kinda like Steam?
bob_20000: Any chance of LucasArts adventure games coming on to GOG? Are you at least trying to get the rights? Does LucasArts having been bought by Disney affect anything, for better or for worse?
sadly, my guess is, disney being at the helm actually makes it harder.

while disney was not at the helm, lucasarts themselves could see their related work - tales of monkey island and the new sam and max games - actually selling here.

with disney being at the wheel, they're not going to care at all.

ie: as a result of disney buying lucasarts, i have no hope ta all of them ever coming here, ever. disney are somewhat crazy about "protecting their rights." [they're the major reason copyright/ip issues are the way they are today.]
Post edited April 16, 2014 by lostwolfe
What makes you decide that a game isn't a "good fit" in your catalogue? For example, Winter Wolves games gather to people who like tactic RPG, visual novel and sim. You offer all these in your portfolio already.

And if your answer is not enough votes in wishlist, why have you accepted games that don't even have 100-200+ votes?

Are you planning to improve GOG client? If you do, have you anything concrete in mind? Will it support Linux?
Post edited April 16, 2014 by Mivas
Assuming that regional pricing was key to getting some publishers to accept DRM-free and bring their titles here: on a scale of 1 to 10, how disappointed do you think the community would be if it knew which publishers we're missing out on because of the change of heart? To put the scale in perspective, consider LucasArts a 9 or 10.
What the hell happened? I'm late? How long did it last?
MrAlphaNumeric: What the hell happened? I'm late? How long did it last?
You're early actually :)
MrAlphaNumeric: What the hell happened? I'm late? How long did it last?
JudasIscariot: You're early actually :)
*face palm *
I just now actually read the date of the Q&A. For some reason I thought it was today... too keen I guess :P
Post edited April 16, 2014 by MrAlphaNumeric
high rated
JudasIscariot: You're early actually :)
MrAlphaNumeric: *face palm *
I just now actually read the date of the Q&A. For some reason I thought it was today... too keen I guess :P
Orrrrr too *sunglasses* Keane

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH