It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Santa came early!

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition, the legendary FPS in which the Earth's greatest hero provides a steady flow of bullets and badass one-liners, is available on GOG.com, for the low price of one smile, for the next 48 hours. That's not all. For the first time in history, this supreme space-alien slaughter simulation is also available on Mac!

The Mayans have warned us: the world is in grave danger. Some think it's going to be a giant meteor, a solar storm, a super-volcano, or a lethal plague. But the gamers of planet Earth know better than that! That's right. We know the real truth. We're onto you, space-aliens. We've seen through your plot. Pretending that you don't exist, hiding your massive fleet near Uranus, and planning to strike on 12.21.12. So you think you can invade our planet and live to tell the story to your slimy bug-eyed grandmaggots? Well, think again. We've got Duke Nukem. And what have you got? Lasers? Plasma cannons? Mutant beasts? Deathrays? You make us laugh. Ha. Ha.

Have you seen Duke Nukem 1+2, the classic run-and-gun platformers? That's how the legend began. Just a few years later, its successor Duke Nukem 3D became a milestone in the development of the FPS genre, and an unquestioned highlight in its protagonist's career. Never before and never after have we witnessed such an unprecedented mix of explosive action, comedic brilliance, and sheer badassdom. In the department of pure awesomeness, Duke Nukem 3D holds the crown, and so it shall be--forever. With creative level design, memorable foes, unique weapons, and an iconic outspoken hero, this game is a true monument to gaming fun. The Atomic Edition lets you duke it out even longer, as it contains the bonus fourth episode, complete with a new weapon and previously unseen enemies!

Now you can witness all the badass FPS magnificence of Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition for free, both on Windows and (for the first time ever!) on Mac OSX, so come get some! Hurry up, though--the offer won't last FOREVER. In fact, WHEN IT'S DONE, it's done. That will be Friday, December 14, at 14:59 GMT.

Happy atomic holidays from GOG.com team!
mondo84: With Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior showing up in the Steam registry just 12 hours ago, it could be a coincidence or an interesting strategy.
Something else of interest, Shadow Warrior's publisher switched to Devolver Digital.

0_o
I love this! I spend so much of my time in middle school playing duke. It was so cutting edge. Never before did anyone see someone rip off a bosses head and $h!t down its throat!

Thanks for this birthday and Christmas gift!
mqstout: http://hrp.duke4.net/

Don't forget to use the high resolution pack!
mistermumbles: I still can't over the fact by how fugly those 3d models are. My eyes! It burns!
Oh c'mon, they're not THAT bad. :P

I like the models(for the most part).....if nothing else it gives people who played the game many times over a chance to play the game in a new way.
Yeah, I bought it at release and based on the last time I tried to play it I'm glad I had my fun then when I could appreciate it. For me, at least, it just doesn't hold up.

It's also not the first time it's been given away. PC Gamer gave it out on disc at least twice that I can recall back in the early 2000s or so and I believe it was put up for free a few other times.
SirPrimalform: Hmm, just installed this and the new installer didn't give me the option to use my own DOSBox... that's kind of annoying.
I don't think the installers ever had an option to choose your own DosBox install....most people just manually add(ed) their own DosBox installs to their installed GOG games.

Also with Duke3D why not use eDuke32? It allows you to run the game with original graphics (or the Hig Res. Pack), run custom maps & TCs easily, set high-widescreen resolutions, etc.
GameRager: Also with Duke3D why not use eDuke32? It allows you to run the game with original graphics (or the Hig Res. Pack), run custom maps & TCs easily, set high-widescreen resolutions, etc.
Tasty, delicious nostalgia :)
GameRager: Also with Duke3D why not use eDuke32? It allows you to run the game with original graphics (or the Hig Res. Pack), run custom maps & TCs easily, set high-widescreen resolutions, etc.
Fuzzyfireball: Tasty, delicious nostalgia :)
The game can be made to run the same(graphics/sound/etc) in eDuke32. ;)
Fuzzyfireball: Tasty, delicious nostalgia :)
GameRager: The game can be made to run the same(graphics/sound/etc) in eDuke32. ;)
I use eDuke to play mods that require it, but if I just want to play the original episodes, Dosbox is the way I go. If I had room I'd just get a legit DOS machine.
GameRager: The game can be made to run the same(graphics/sound/etc) in eDuke32. ;)
Fuzzyfireball: I use eDuke to play mods that require it, but if I just want to play the original episodes, Dosbox is the way I go. If I had room I'd just get a legit DOS machine.
B....but it plays the same......sometimes I don't get why people like to intentionally make more work for themselves to achieve the same ends. :\

(I admit I sometimes think about the old days when I would have to tweak autoexec.bat/config.sys to get a game more badly needly RAM & how rewarding it was to get a game to run with all features while not lagging too bad.....but then I think about all the crap that went along with it and I go on to something else.)
Post edited December 13, 2012 by GameRager
You might get a laugh out of this video of the voice actor for Duke Nukem reading an erotic passage from 50 Shades of Gray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5oUa-3W0BFI
mondo84: With Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior showing up in the Steam registry just 12 hours ago, it could be a coincidence or an interesting strategy.
Fuzzyfireball: Something else of interest, Shadow Warrior's publisher switched to Devolver Digital.

0_o
"Checks gamepage"

Wait a second...what?

How did that happen exactly? Why?
Nice christmas gift, but as soon as I'm in the main menu, I can't change selection as the arrow keys don't respond...
Thanks, GOG! Has been on my wishlist for a while, but never got around to it. Cheers!
Thanks, GOG. Have a successful new year!
Fuzzyfireball: I use eDuke to play mods that require it, but if I just want to play the original episodes, Dosbox is the way I go. If I had room I'd just get a legit DOS machine.
GameRager: B....but it plays the same......sometimes I don't get why people like to intentionally make more work for themselves to achieve the same ends. :\

(I admit I sometimes think about the old days when I would have to tweak autoexec.bat/config.sys to get a game more badly needly RAM & how rewarding it was to get a game to run with all features while not lagging too bad.....but then I think about all the crap that went along with it and I go on to something else.)
Emulation and source ports are great for ease of use, but to me nothing beats playing games on their original systems. Computer or console.
Post edited December 13, 2012 by Fuzzyfireball