It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

70 bundles to reach the bonus.
amok: Did they? I was under the impression that this was the schedule, and that the next one is to be the chosen 2 bundle.

However, IR did not force WEG to have their game in any bundle. In this case I would blame WEG more than IR. They put their game in two bundles at the same time.
SirPrimalform: As I said (not very clearly) a few posts back:

Wadjet Eye's dick move was putting it in two bundles one after the other in quick succession, somewhat screwing Indie Royale over (the Hammerhead bundle was to be in a couple of weeks AFTER the Chosen Bundle 2).

IndieRoyale's dick move was moving the Hammerhead Bundle to yesterday when they worked out what Groupees were going to reveal.

I don't see any way Groupees could have known it was going to be in an Indie Royale so I see them as blameless here.
Sorry, did not see that. If this is the case, I would still claim that the more 'dickish' move is on WEG part than IR, the latter seems more like damage control than anything else.

Anyway, the whole situation is not very good.
At least it doesn't seem to have hurt Groupees appreciably. By very rough estimation, Eleusis was unlocked at around 1,100 bundles per day, and it seems to be doing slightly better than that over the last day, especially since it was slowing in the last stretch, while they were giving out clues.
amok: Did they? I was under the impression that this was the schedule, and that the next one is to be the chosen 2 bundle.

However, IR did not force WEG to have their game in any bundle. In this case I would blame WEG more than IR. They put their game in two bundles at the same time.
SirPrimalform: As I said (not very clearly) a few posts back:

Wadjet Eye's dick move was putting it in two bundles one after the other in quick succession, somewhat screwing Indie Royale over (the Hammerhead bundle was to be in a couple of weeks AFTER the Chosen Bundle 2).

IndieRoyale's dick move was moving the Hammerhead Bundle to yesterday when they worked out what Groupees were going to reveal.

I don't see any way Groupees could have known it was going to be in an Indie Royale so I see them as blameless here.
Oh I'm sure Groupees knew it'd be in an IR, it only takes a tiny bit of common sense to know that Wadjet Eye games have always come to IR first. I don't know if they knew it'd launch on May 31st, but from the timing.. they probably knew that too, it was planned to be announced on the same day as the new IR.. and there's the situation of the dev being under an NDA that really made it obvious. IMO all 3 were dicks, and this situation shouldn't have happened. Wadjet Eye needs to learn to space out the timing in which they feature games in bundles.. Groupees shouldn't be adding bonus games that have suspicious NDAs, and IR should keep better track of what's happening instead of skipping a planned bundle.

IMO Indie Royale takes the least blame in all of this, Groupees and Wadjet Eye royally screwed up. It was a dead giveaway something was up with the NDA.
On the other hand, it doesn't look like the sales of either bundle are being hurt, don't you think?, so it's probably not a big deal.
spoderman: Oh I'm sure Groupees knew it'd be in an IR, it only takes a tiny bit of common sense to know that Wadjet Eye games have always come to IR first. I don't know if they knew it'd launch on May 31st, but from the timing.. they probably knew that too, it was planned to be announced on the same day as the new IR.. and there's the situation of the dev being under an NDA that really made it obvious. IMO all 3 were dicks, and this situation shouldn't have happened. Wadjet Eye needs to learn to space out the timing in which they feature games in bundles.. Groupees shouldn't be adding bonus games that have suspicious NDAs, and IR should keep better track of what's happening instead of skipping a planned bundle.

IMO Indie Royale takes the least blame in all of this, Groupees and Wadjet Eye royally screwed up. It was a dead giveaway something was up with the NDA.
You're missing the point. Indie Royale changed the date of this bundle, this was supposed to be the Chosen Bundle 2 if you recall. They changed it to this one to be dicks to Groupees. It was planned to be announced the same day as the new IR, but that new IR was supposed to be the Chosen Bundle 2 so I'm not sure how you can read into that. I see no reason to believe Groupees knew anything other than that they'd managed to secure Primordia.
Post edited June 01, 2013 by SirPrimalform
Andanzas: On the other hand, it doesn't look like the sales of either bundle are being hurt, don't you think?, so it's probably not a big deal.
It's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure the sales of the new IR were hurt, but it's not like I have any way to compare how much more it'd sell if Primordia wasn't sold in Groupees. Many people are skipping it due to what happened.

Groupees hasn't been affected at all.. but why would they be lol.

spoderman: Oh I'm sure Groupees knew it'd be in an IR, it only takes a tiny bit of common sense to know that Wadjet Eye games have always come to IR first. I don't know if they knew it'd launch on May 31st, but from the timing.. they probably knew that too, it was planned to be announced on the same day as the new IR.. and there's the situation of the dev being under an NDA that really made it obvious. IMO all 3 were dicks, and this situation shouldn't have happened. Wadjet Eye needs to learn to space out the timing in which they feature games in bundles.. Groupees shouldn't be adding bonus games that have suspicious NDAs, and IR should keep better track of what's happening instead of skipping a planned bundle.

SirPrimalform: You're missing the point. Indie Royale changed the date of this bundle, this was supposed to be the Chosen Bundle 2 if you recall. They changed it to this one to be dicks to Groupees.
No, I'm not missing the point.. they didn't change it to be dicks.. they changed it because they didn't want the loss of sales to be even MORE significant when they were going to launch the bundle later on.
Post edited June 01, 2013 by spoderman
spoderman: No, I'm not missing the point.. they didn't change it to be dicks.. they changed it because they didn't want the loss of sales to be even MORE significant when they were launch the bundle later on.
See my edit.

"It was planned to be announced the same day as the new IR, but that new IR was supposed to be the Chosen Bundle 2 so I'm not sure how you can read into that. I see no reason to believe Groupees knew anything other than that they'd managed to secure Primordia."

You seem to imply that Groupees knew that it was going to be in an Indie Royale on the same day. How could they have done when Indie Royale changed it at the last second?
spoderman: No, I'm not missing the point.. they didn't change it to be dicks.. they changed it because they didn't want the loss of sales to be even MORE significant when they were launch the bundle later on.
SirPrimalform: See my edit.

"It was planned to be announced the same day as the new IR, but that new IR was supposed to be the Chosen Bundle 2 so I'm not sure how you can read into that. I see no reason to believe Groupees knew anything other than that they'd managed to secure Primordia."
As I said.. there was an NDA involved. If Groupees truly didn't think there'd a new IR launching with Primordia, I think they were lacking in common sense..

Maybe it's just me, but I was doubting Primordia being the bonus game to begin with because I figured it'd come to an IR first. Yeah, IR made things confusing for everyone, but they have the right to change the dates on when bundles release.. they had that shit planned to be bundled by anyone else originally, NOT to screw over Groupees. How would Groupees be screwed over anyway? It hasn't affected their sales.

Groupees thinking they could score Primordia first when there's an NDA involved was kind of ignorant.
Just because IR got Wadjet Eye games in the past means nothing. There's no exclusivity deal as far as I know. Groupees are screwed over because what they thought was a massive achievement and that they'd been hyping for a week turned out to be a letdown for a lot of people (because they'd already bought the IndieRoyale).

Also where are you getting the NDA thing from? You're (AFAICT) the only person in this thread to have mentioned an NDA.
SirPrimalform: Just because IR got Wadjet Eye games in the past means nothing. There's no exclusivity deal as far as I know. Groupees are screwed over because what they thought was a massive achievement and that they'd been hyping for a week turned out to be a letdown for a lot of people (because they'd already bought the IndieRoyale).

Also where are you getting the NDA thing from? You're (AFAICT) the only person in this thread to have mentioned an NDA.
I don't think it means nothing. Why would there be an NDA if there was no form of exclusivity? Indie Royale messed up with their planning.. but it should've been obvious someone had a bundle planned, otherwise there'd be no NDA.

And Groupees was hardly screwed over by this, waiting a week to reveal their bonus game was already going to lead to disappointment.

I got the NDA information from ShiftySlug, he posted it in the chat.
I meant no overarching multi-game deal. Yes the NDA means something is up I guess, but not that it's definitely that the game is going to be in the Indie Royale after next (or perhaps after that, I'm not sure how much further forwards they bumped it).

The whole thing doesn't add up... I think at least one party hasn't told their side of the story truthfully. If the NDA was to do with Indie Royale, why would it have run out at the end of this week particularly? The IR due to go up at the end of this week wasn't a bundle with Primordia in, so what was the significance?
SirPrimalform: I meant no overarching multi-game deal. Yes the NDA means something is up I guess, but not that it's definitely that the game is going to be in the Indie Royale after next (or perhaps after that, I'm not sure how much further forwards they bumped it).

The whole thing doesn't add up... I think at least one party hasn't told their side of the story truthfully. If the NDA was to do with Indie Royale, why would it have run out at the end of this week particularly? The IR due to go up at the end of this week wasn't a bundle with Primordia in, so what was the significance?
I'm not sure. You're right.. we probably don't know the full story. Wadjet Eye have been really weird about the whole thing too.. the new replies to this tweet seem to suggest that Groupees could have announced the bonus earlier (unless I'm reading it wrong).

https://twitter.com/WadjetEyeGames/status/340524680731582464

"@WadjetEyeGames just to be clear, what were the dates supposed to be? and why wasn't groupees allowed to announce the bonus earlier?"

"@ucantbb not sure. One was supposed to be at the end of the month and the other at the beginning. Things got rescheduled."

"@ucantbb doesn't groupees always announce their bonuses toward the end?"
Primordia unlocked!
triock: Primordia unlocked!
Aw, no GOG key :(

Oh well, I knew I was hoping for too much with that one lol.