It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!

Long version:
The GOG.com Annual Gamer Survey is now our yearly tradition, so once again we ask that you spare 5 minutes of your time and help us make your favorite digital distribution platform a better place. Taking part in it isn't mandatory of course, but recommended if you want to have your share in making GOG the best digital distribution service there is.

Filling out the GOG.com Gamer Survey 2012 does not only guarantee you lifelong happiness but also grants you a free copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2. When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed. If you already own Realms of Arkanie 1+2, the code can be gifted as well.

Grab a pencil... er, a keyboard in your hands and answer the questions below for a better future mankind (with the exeption of non-gamers), and expect a special gift from GOG.com in your mailbox in a few days. Remember that all the small red " * " stars mark the questions that are required.

[i]The survey ends on Monday, September 17 at 9:59 AM GMT. We will start sending out codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 after all the entries are processed.
<br>
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Chamb
dm36: Only 2 replies for this?

Wow.

anyway, took the survey! Wondering why paypal was not an option. Other than that, keep up the good work GOG. Love your classic games :D

edit: omg...paypal has been added to gog?

How long has this been up?
I have been using PayPal since forever! My bank charges an international fee if I use my debit Visa, but PayPal makes it look like it is from the USA. ;)
I forgot to add to my comment, but I have bought games for friends (classics they missed). I would love if this was a bit easier (not that it is any big trouble now, I just know some had trouble redeeming their game).
Do a survey and get a free game, not a bad way to get people to do them
ElvisX3K: Just to reiterate a point that really is not addressed in the survey, but which is crucial to me, and others, I'm sure: GOG is the only game company I'm aware of that makes an effort to update the classic games it sells to run on modern OS's. That's one of the points that initially attracted me to the service.

There's no shortage of classic games available on Steam and other game services, but they don't patch or update the games to run on modern hardware.
This! That is one of the many things I love about gog. Efforts to update the games along with no-DRM. Awesome win for me as a gamer.
My comment on the survey:

It would be very nice if GOG.com had a key activation system.
For example, I have a Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver disk, and I want to buy it on GOG because it would come with some goodies, but money is a little short and I already have it (to tell you the truth, one disk was damaged and I had to buy another). So it would be so cool if could activate it on GOG.

Also, I like the community system on Steam (achievements, friends, etc.), last week I was in doubt about where to buy the Resonance game, achievements on Steam or goodies on GOG. I bought it on GOG.
So it would be another plus if I could activate my games on other platforms like Steam and Desura.

And talking about bundles, with an activation system, it could be possible to sell GOG games on bundle sites, like Humble Bundle, Indie Gala, and others.
I suppose someone here would probably say that the fee for key activation service is mostly about USD5.99 or USD9.99. Not me, though. I am just saying someone else once mentioned something like that in this forum.

:-D
I'd like to see the installers lose the requirement of admin privileges. IMO, games should never require elevated privileges. If absolutely required, put the elevated operations in a text script that can be read by the user.
Sure this has been posted multiple times, but if you're wondering where the survey is and you use NoScript (or something like it), you need to add temporary permissions for jotformeu.com and jotfor.ms (the second will appear in the permit list after allowing the first and reloading).
ElvisX3K: Just to reiterate a point that really is not addressed in the survey, but which is crucial to me, and others, I'm sure: GOG is the only game company I'm aware of that makes an effort to update the classic games it sells to run on modern OS's. That's one of the points that initially attracted me to the service.

There's no shortage of classic games available on Steam and other game services, but they don't patch or update the games to run on modern hardware.
True and GOG is another game distributor i constainly look up. All other just flies!
I'm definitely happy to do the survey. The free games are a bonus.
@GOG_staff, please put the survey on a secure page. Bad idea to send the survey responses over clear text. Survey responses about purchasing games online may seem trivial, but you are requiring an email address, so responses are not anonymous, so you need to secure the survey.
Thank you.

I'll look at it next time I see the "update" remark.

Still wondering however:
If an update is made to the game itself - let's say a bug fixing patch - in that case, do I need to redownload all of the - for example - 10 GB and then reïnstall the game to benefit from it?
(If no seperate patch gets released.)

Sorry if this might seem like a stupid question and / or a little off topic, but prior to GOG, I used seperate patches to update my games, then - in many cases - I just continued playing.

Afterwards, I started using Steam and saw it making updates to my games now and then, but prohibiting me from playing while it was doing so.

Now that I am using GOG, I was just wondering how exactly it is done over here.
AncientWarrior33: Thank you.

I'll look at it next time I see the "update" remark.

Still wondering however:
If an update is made to the game itself - let's say a bug fixing patch - in that case, do I need to redownload all of the - for example - 10 GB and then reïnstall the game to benefit from it?
(If no seperate patch gets released.)

Sorry if this might seem like a stupid question and / or a little off topic, but prior to GOG, I used seperate patches to update my games, then - in many cases - I just continued playing.

Afterwards, I started using Steam and saw it making updates to my games now and then, but prohibiting me from playing while it was doing so.

Now that I am using GOG, I was just wondering how exactly it is done over here.
Depends on the game I'd say. There usually is first a smaller patch file, and eventually the installer will be modified to include it. So you can either keep the old installer and the patch, or download the newer installer and have the patch already applied.
Of course, in the case of some optional patches (Dungeon Keeper 2 for example), the patch won't be included in the installer, since it's there for those that need it, not for everyone.
goatofdeath: Efforts to update the games along with no-DRM. Awesome win for me as a gamer.
That's the main reason I'm buying my games here. No DRM, no third party tools that need an internet connection (yes I'm talking about steam here) to run the game.
goatofdeath: Efforts to update the games along with no-DRM. Awesome win for me as a gamer.
Fakum12: That's the main reason I'm buying my games here. No DRM, no third party tools that need an internet connection (yes I'm talking about steam here) to run the game.
Same reason for me, also wondered why paypal was not included as a payment option.

Also put in a plug for a witcher medalion if they make another one.

One thing I forgot to mention in the comments I wish they would like all patches for games like the witcher 2 on your account page.

Cheers
Post edited September 12, 2012 by marklaur