It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!

Long version:
The GOG.com Annual Gamer Survey is now our yearly tradition, so once again we ask that you spare 5 minutes of your time and help us make your favorite digital distribution platform a better place. Taking part in it isn't mandatory of course, but recommended if you want to have your share in making GOG the best digital distribution service there is.

Filling out the GOG.com Gamer Survey 2012 does not only guarantee you lifelong happiness but also grants you a free copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2. When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed. If you already own Realms of Arkanie 1+2, the code can be gifted as well.

Grab a pencil... er, a keyboard in your hands and answer the questions below for a better future mankind (with the exeption of non-gamers), and expect a special gift from GOG.com in your mailbox in a few days. Remember that all the small red " * " stars mark the questions that are required.

[i]The survey ends on Monday, September 17 at 9:59 AM GMT. We will start sending out codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 after all the entries are processed.
<br>
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Chamb
I didn't get any confirmation after completing the survey, is that normal? I was just taken to his thread. Is that same for everyone else?
doady: I didn't get any confirmation after completing the survey, is that normal? I was just taken to his thread. Is that same for everyone else?
Yes, it is :)
doady: I didn't get any confirmation after completing the survey, is that normal? I was just taken to his thread. Is that same for everyone else?
You should see big Thank You message near the top of the page, least I did.
Hello

Just wondering about the automatic updates you told me about.

How does it work?

For example, I recently bought inquisitor.
Now my account told me there was an update. (probably recommended against minor or even game breaking bugs?)

Should I redownload the whole game, make a back-up of my saves, reïnstall the game, put back the saves, continue playing?

Thx in advance
AncientWarrior33: Hello

How does it work?

Now my account told me there was an update. (probably recommended against minor or even game breaking bugs?)

Should I redownload the whole game, make a back-up of my saves, reïnstall the game, put back the saves, continue playing?

Thx in advance
The Czech language versions of the goodies were added to Inquisitor's bonus download section. If you want to see what exactly got updated in your game, go to your My Account page and click on the game. You should see a red flag with the word "New" next to what was added/updated.

Hope that helps :D.
RafaelLopez: It does impress me how people still buy off Steam.
You know, the thing about Steam is that it's solely the specific developer/publisher who is responsible for the quality of the release. This means that there's no general rule concerning the quality of classic re-releases. Some publishers care about the quality, others don't. I really can't blame Steam for publishers submitting such crappy releases. And some are top notch (take a look at Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000, for example).
AncientWarrior33: Hello

How does it work?

Thx in advance
Also you can check this thread here: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread

if you see something has updated on your game's list that someone hasn't reported here yet, please feel free to make a note for others :)
Prepaid GOG.com cards (sort of like the Steam, MS points, and PSN Dollars cards) would definitely be nice, especially for those who might not want their CC info out there and hate paypal.

It would also be good since we wouldn't have to deal with foreign transaction fees assessed by our banks when we buy games here using a CC.
Since this survey is run by a third party, with no option to opt out of their spam and no guarantee that they won't sell my address to other spammers I have to decline to take the survey. Which is a shame because I'd like to help GoG out with my opinions (and have the games of course).
Prepaid GOG cards might be nice, although I think I'd rather get a prepaid Visa gift card than specific GOG card.

Prepaid GOG cards like MS points would mean we had money sitting around in our GOG account, and then GOG becomes a huge target for hackers. The site definitely isn't hardened enough for that.

Prepaid GOG cards where you could buy a gift code for any $5.99 game would work well, I think.

What I really want to see is just more ways to manage gift codes. At this point, any way to manage gift codes would be good.
Ravenfeeder: Since this survey is run by a third party, with no option to opt out of their spam and no guarantee that they won't sell my address to other spammers I have to decline to take the survey. Which is a shame because I'd like to help GoG out with my opinions (and have the games of course).
Hm. I didn't notice that. That's really very, very annoying. GOG, what the heck?
Post edited September 11, 2012 by HGiles
I didn't think that "prepaid" would mean GOG-specific cards, I'm not sure that those would be a very good idea. Huge overhead, probably very costly to get them to a sensible level of distribution. It might work for Microsoft and Sony, but I think GOG is too narrow a niche.

Rather, taking part in one of the generic "online cash" prepay card systems could work, such as Paysafecard, which I think pretty much every newsstand in Europe and a lot of stores in the U.S. (gas stations, electronics stores, pharmacies...) already sell.
'Comments' section shows up AFTER the submit button! I wonder how many people are hitting 'back to front page' instead of submit?
Only 2 replies for this?

Wow.

anyway, took the survey! Wondering why paypal was not an option. Other than that, keep up the good work GOG. Love your classic games :D

edit: omg...paypal has been added to gog?

How long has this been up?
Post edited September 11, 2012 by dm36
Just to reiterate a point that really is not addressed in the survey, but which is crucial to me, and others, I'm sure: GOG is the only game company I'm aware of that makes an effort to update the classic games it sells to run on modern OS's. That's one of the points that initially attracted me to the service.

There's no shortage of classic games available on Steam and other game services, but they don't patch or update the games to run on modern hardware.
Yeah I didn't enter anything in the comment section 'cause I was too fast in clicking the submit button.