It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!

Long version:
The GOG.com Annual Gamer Survey is now our yearly tradition, so once again we ask that you spare 5 minutes of your time and help us make your favorite digital distribution platform a better place. Taking part in it isn't mandatory of course, but recommended if you want to have your share in making GOG the best digital distribution service there is.

Filling out the GOG.com Gamer Survey 2012 does not only guarantee you lifelong happiness but also grants you a free copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2. When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed. If you already own Realms of Arkanie 1+2, the code can be gifted as well.

Grab a pencil... er, a keyboard in your hands and answer the questions below for a better future mankind (with the exeption of non-gamers), and expect a special gift from GOG.com in your mailbox in a few days. Remember that all the small red " * " stars mark the questions that are required.

[i]The survey ends on Monday, September 17 at 9:59 AM GMT. We will start sending out codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 after all the entries are processed.
<br>
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Chamb
Good page, but it still misses a lot of old games, like System Shock 2 (copyrighted by EA, and yeah they surely need to go for compromise).
Still I filled survey 100% true in my opinion.
vIE888: Good page, but it still misses a lot of old games, like System Shock 2 (copyrighted by EA, and yeah they surely need to go for compromise).
Still I filled survey 100% true in my opinion.
System Shock is half-owned by a lawyer firm, they are the ones holding it back, not EA. Get your facts straight please.
I first registered here to get the free FALLOUT game giveaway promo in April 2012. Been skipping various promos afterwards due to the lack of credit card. I get my credit card just in time when ALAN WAKE: AMERICAN NIGHTMARE was on pre-order. I bought Alan Wake games during that time, making them the first two games I ever purchased here (and the most expensive too). Afterwards, I've been buying several titles, and all of them are purchased during promo, meaning I never bought games in full price.
sykopat: Would be nice to have an inventory, like you do on Steam, where you could keep extra copies of games until you decide to hand 'em out.
GOG uses the bookshelf metaphor, I suggest a hope chest for the inventory. :)
Attachments:
LanceCrossfire: noooo, please do not Steam-up GOG, doesn't need most of what Steam has, features mostly for currently developing multi-player stuff. I absolutely hate Steam's auto update, pop on to play something just to get blocked by a 1GB update. Leave any kind of patching to a plain ole patch file that can be downloaded separately. And GOG is already your game cloud, lose a game file you own, just download it again.

I choose GOG because it's NOT like Steam.
Agreed. I'm not fond of the user interface of Steam... too restricting.
AncientWarrior33: Sorry, forgot to add this in the comments, but what about bringing some things that Steam has to GOG? Like a Mod Workshop, automatic game updates, saving game progress to a cloud... Just wondering and no prob if it isn't doable to
Automatic updates do work A) if you keep the client running, B) when extras are added. Automatic patching is a bit different, as the client would also need to "manage" your installations, or at the very least alert you to install a downloaded patch.

Most people appreciate GOG for what it doesn't do. It doesn't hold your hand and demand that all things be installed in one folder. It doesn't need a client taking up memory in order to launch the game. And if Steam cloud syncing worked reliably, I might consider it worth asking for, but it doesn't! :) It causes more problems for me than it solves, more than half the time, and that is just with NEW games that ostensibly know a cloud might exist.

If you want X to be Y, just use Y. Otherwise there's no competition, and no drive to innovate. Not many people try to suggest neat ideas that the Steam client *doesn't* have. Yet Valve has to consider new features all the time. How about 1 click to load up a game's GameFAQs page? How about a game history database, working with Moby or GiantBomb? How about a Where Are They Now for developers? I know where Bill Budge is (Google), I know what Toys for Bob is putting out (Skylanders), but what about the guy behind Simon the Sorcerer?

Just.. y'know.. innovate a little. :) And the same goes for suggestions. It doesn't all have to be technical to be enjoyable.
Post edited September 11, 2012 by MogicCap
Where is the survey
WaterCrazy: Where is the survey
It won't show up if you have a Javascript blocker. It's right underneath the news article.
LanceCrossfire: noooo, please do not Steam-up GOG, doesn't need most of what Steam has, features mostly for currently developing multi-player stuff. I absolutely hate Steam's auto update, pop on to play something just to get blocked by a 1GB update. Leave any kind of patching to a plain ole patch file that can be downloaded separately. And GOG is already your game cloud, lose a game file you own, just download it again.

I choose GOG because it's NOT like Steam.
you´re totally right!
or, wait, theres one thing gog could add from Steam:
Payssafecardsupport!

Another Thing GOG should do is adding more Languages to already existing Games and adding MORE GAMES!
But the second one is no real Problem:
We just have to buy more Games!
Cool. Not a bad survey at all, for a free game!
This is quite a generous way to run a survey.

Thanks GOG.com
Post edited September 11, 2012 by Ademos
I did send in a survey and got a confirmation picture which said it was sent it, but I didn't recieve the games or a mail?

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the "wait one week" part. :)
Post edited September 11, 2012 by Tommten
Elenarie: Validate users' requests for the survey based on a query that gets all users which own RoA, before allowing them to load the survey page?

And when they complete the survey, validate their submission and mark them as unauthorised for the same survey again.

Afterwards, give them a code for RoA that they could share with a friend.
BadDecissions: I think what he means is that if someone acquires a game from GOG, the right-holders who put it on GOG expect to be paid for it. If they give away Arkania, or any of the other games they give away, they've had to specially get permission to do that. So doing anything "in exchange for a free game," where GOG can't decide the free game and clear it with the rights-holders, isn't going to be feasible.

(Of course, if I'm wrong, he can say so).
That's pretty much it, yeah. We love you guys, but we're not going a bazillion dollars in the hole on royalty payments to give you free copies of games when you fill out a survey. Basically, if RoA 1 + 2 are good enough incentives to get more people filling out the questions, excellent! if it's not for you, well, we'd appreciate your taking the time and filling it out anyway, but if you elect not to we understand. ;)
Noooo! I said Warlock in additional comments instead of Warcraft, it'll never be released. On a happier note the free games are nice and a good way to get people to do surveys.
RafaelLopez: You talking about missing music in-game or missing additional mp3s you can bring along in your cellphone? I see how people are crazy about GOG's extras, I just don't understand.
F4LL0UT: No, it's actually about no music playing ingame at all.
It does impress me how people still buy off Steam.