It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!

Long version:
The GOG.com Annual Gamer Survey is now our yearly tradition, so once again we ask that you spare 5 minutes of your time and help us make your favorite digital distribution platform a better place. Taking part in it isn't mandatory of course, but recommended if you want to have your share in making GOG the best digital distribution service there is.

Filling out the GOG.com Gamer Survey 2012 does not only guarantee you lifelong happiness but also grants you a free copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2. When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed. If you already own Realms of Arkanie 1+2, the code can be gifted as well.

Grab a pencil... er, a keyboard in your hands and answer the questions below for a better future mankind (with the exeption of non-gamers), and expect a special gift from GOG.com in your mailbox in a few days. Remember that all the small red " * " stars mark the questions that are required.

[i]The survey ends on Monday, September 17 at 9:59 AM GMT. We will start sending out codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 after all the entries are processed.
<br>
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Chamb
TheEnigmaticT: If we'd had an easy way of doing that, we would have. :P
Validate users' requests for the survey based on a query that gets all users which own RoA, before allowing them to load the survey page?

And when they complete the survey, validate their submission and mark them as unauthorised for the same survey again.

Afterwards, give them a code for RoA that they could share with a friend.
Please stop bundling FoxIt with your otherwise fabulous games. I don't even get a checkbox to unselect - FoxIt Setup just runs. Not cool :(
Another year, another survey. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts GOG. Cheers.
<3 free games :) :)
I love gog so much :D they're the best
YAGOG: Please stop bundling FoxIt with your otherwise fabulous games. I don't even get a checkbox to unselect - FoxIt Setup just runs. Not cool :(
Click on options, untick? Works for me.
Bigblueelf: Done. Don't like the look of the free game but I had some time to do the survey.

If I hate/don't like the game it's free and I'm not being made to play it.

All I do ask is GET THEME PARK ON GOG ASAP lol.
fr33kSh0w2012: Not theme park the original ***THEME PARK WORLD*** and an old CGI game "Angel Devoid" it's like phantasmagoria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGL1BRbrcU

Here is the first part of the playthrough it's an awesome sci-fi game I had the disc but it got I lent it to a friend and he threw it out the mongrel.
Don't know that one but I love the original Bullfrog Theme park game.
I took the survey because I want to make GoG a better place. Free games are nice, but this site has given me so much I felt compelled to give back.

Keep it up!
TheEnigmaticT: If we'd had an easy way of doing that, we would have. :P
Elenarie: Validate users' requests for the survey based on a query that gets all users which own RoA, before allowing them to load the survey page?

And when they complete the survey, validate their submission and mark them as unauthorised for the same survey again.

Afterwards, give them a code for RoA that they could share with a friend.
I think what he means is that if someone acquires a game from GOG, the right-holders who put it on GOG expect to be paid for it. If they give away Arkania, or any of the other games they give away, they've had to specially get permission to do that. So doing anything "in exchange for a free game," where GOG can't decide the free game and clear it with the rights-holders, isn't going to be feasible.

(Of course, if I'm wrong, he can say so).
Post edited September 10, 2012 by BadDecissions
Wow... talk about an old classic to giveaway! Must have played this one back in 95!
BadDecissions: I think what he means is that if someone acquires a game from GOG, the right-holders who put it on GOG expect to be paid for it. If they give away Arkania, or any of the other games they give away, they've had to specially get permission to do that. So doing anything "in exchange for a free game," where GOG can't decide the free game and clear it with the rights-holders, isn't going to be feasible.

(Of course, if I'm wrong, he can say so).
I was referring to the idea that users who haven't bought anything are able to complete the survey, which is obviously, at least, judging from the questions, meant for users who have bought at least one game here.
GOG.com: Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
i see links for the game page and some that bounce between the forum and news posts, but i'll be darned if i can't find one to the survey anywhere.
I can finally cross RoA 1+2 off my wishlist. Thanks, GOG!

mecirt: As a random observation, I find it strangely amusing that "I read professional reviews" isn't even an option for the "what do you research before buying" question.
People still read professional reviews?

I'm going to agree with the other person who said that searching the 'net probably covers that. I assumed that user reviews and forums meant the ones on GOG, not in general.

F4LL0UT: Btw, the survey was missing the "ready to play" and "compatibility" factor in the "importance" questions. For me it was very important that after downloading a game I can instantly play it, even on a modern machine. Not only is it the kind of treatment I want as a customer, it's also something that tells me "hey, the GOG people are gamers just like me" and automatically made the GOG staff my buddies - people I really like to give money to. Not to mention that for some titles it's the only way to get them running (I've bought quite a few GOGs that I wouldn't have been able to make work at all).
Yes, yes, yes. There's a few games that I've bought from GOG, but haven't played yet, that I can't make work from a disc any more. Based on my experience with other titles, I trust that the GOG version will work without any effort on my part. Definitely a big selling point.

axhed: i see links for the game page and some that bounce between the forum and news posts, but i'll be darned if i can't find one to the survey anywhere.
Just go to the main page and click the big survey button at the top of the right column.
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Nesoo
YAGOG: Please stop bundling FoxIt with your otherwise fabulous games. I don't even get a checkbox to unselect - FoxIt Setup just runs. Not cool :(
Hittingman: Click on options, untick? Works for me.
Thanks. I didn't see it because I stopped looking in options after I downloaded and installed several games that did not have the offending software bundled with the setup (and thus, the default options were assumed to be fine)... Thanks again!
Post edited September 10, 2012 by YAGOG
This is funny, I just did a survey for a free duffel bag (that I needed) and discounted membership to the NRA a few minutes ago, now I did a survey for a free game. Who else is doing surveys? hahaha