It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!

Long version:
The GOG.com Annual Gamer Survey is now our yearly tradition, so once again we ask that you spare 5 minutes of your time and help us make your favorite digital distribution platform a better place. Taking part in it isn't mandatory of course, but recommended if you want to have your share in making GOG the best digital distribution service there is.

Filling out the GOG.com Gamer Survey 2012 does not only guarantee you lifelong happiness but also grants you a free copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2. When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed. If you already own Realms of Arkanie 1+2, the code can be gifted as well.

Grab a pencil... er, a keyboard in your hands and answer the questions below for a better future mankind (with the exeption of non-gamers), and expect a special gift from GOG.com in your mailbox in a few days. Remember that all the small red " * " stars mark the questions that are required.

[i]The survey ends on Monday, September 17 at 9:59 AM GMT. We will start sending out codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 after all the entries are processed.
<br>
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Chamb
Out of curiosity how did GOG pick these 2 games for the freebies? I already own them and they seem very niche to me, they're very hard and you really need to look into the rules etc to get some idea of it. I don't think I'd consider them accessible to the average GOGer (if there is such a thing). They are good games but they take some devotion.
serpantino: Out of curiosity how did GOG pick these 2 games for the freebies? I already own them and they seem very niche to me, they're very hard and you really need to look into the rules etc to get some idea of it. I don't think I'd consider them accessible to the average GOGer (if there is such a thing). They are good games but they take some devotion.
You've got that right! I've left them for later, if i have the time to concentrate and try to play them.
Nice short survey! I love the site and buy a lot of games, but I'm surprised GOG hasn't started becoming Mac friendly. Yes I know many of these games are not Mac friendly, but I'm sure some of them (even if extremely limited) are available for Mac's. I currently bootcamp my 2011 iMac to Windows 7 to play my GOG purchases. Even an extremely limited Mac section would at least show that you can do it, gauge the interest, and you can then grow it in the future if the market starts heading that way.
keeveek: Pay by SMS? Hells yeah!
Heh. "Hey dude, can I borrow your phone for a second?" ;)
So are we supposed to received any confirmation that we've completed and sent the survey? It just took me to this thread afterwards...
Things I'd like GOG to have/implement:

1) Notify the user when a game he has wishlisted is finally on sale (via email or PM).

2) On the community wishlist allow filtering by games/features the user has voted.

3) Create dosbox files for mobile devices.

4) Get LucasArts adventure games with goodies (soundtrack) on GOG!!!

5) More indies.
serpantino: Out of curiosity how did GOG pick these 2 games for the freebies? I already own them and they seem very niche to me, they're very hard and you really need to look into the rules etc to get some idea of it. I don't think I'd consider them accessible to the average GOGer (if there is such a thing). They are good games but they take some devotion.
If anything I'd say that's a huge win on their part -- instead of being silly and going for some poorly-rated title that probably shouldn't have been on here in the first place ( [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/might_and_magic_9]*cough* [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/ultima_9_ascension]*hack* *hack*), and instead of doing something like Valve does and offering some stupid "20% off coupon", they actually gave us something of depth.
HideoKuze: Things I'd like GOG to have/implement:

1) Notify the user when a game he has wishlisted is finally on sale (via email or PM).

2) On the community wishlist allow filtering by games/features the user has voted.

3) Create dosbox files for mobile devices.

4) Get LucasArts adventure games with goodies (soundtrack) on GOG!!!

5) More indies.
and [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games]here. No need to thank me.
A big yes to old Lucas Arts games! Although I have a feeling you'd need to pry it from their cold claw like hands.
jtgibson: If anything I'd say that's a huge win on their part -- instead of being silly and going for some poorly-rated title that probably shouldn't have been on here in the first place ( [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/might_and_magic_9]*cough* [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/ultima_9_ascension]*hack* *hack*), and instead of doing something like Valve does and offering some stupid "20% off coupon", they actually gave us something of depth.
That is true, but RoA is one of the less accessible series of games. Still a great choice really, and free.
I generally don't like surveys very much, but the GOG one is certainly the exception for me! Thanks for the free game!!!
Zorky: This was fun survey I general never do surveys but for GOG I made an exception.
kulayeb: Me too, I don't even care about the free game I just love GOG.
Same here. I may not ever play the game and I rarely like doing surveys, but I was more than happy to do so for GOG.
As I had said in my "additional comments" field:

I am a big fan of older games, and that's the primary reason that I am interested in GoG. While I'm glad that GoG is able to get some newer games as well, and I have purchased a couple of them also (in which case obviously GoG's DRM-free/ability to have it sitting on my hard drive thing is a great benefit for those games), I definitely still want GoG - or, as the case was, Good Old Games - to continue to primarily focus on older games, and in particular finding ways to continue to make more games which simply aren't available in any other way now, available through GoG. There are still so many great older games out there, and GoG is what I rely on to make those games available again.

Nonetheless though, I love everything that GoG has done and is doing, and am very happy to be here.
GOG.com thanks for being awesome.
I'd like to emphasize the importance of "old game + new system = works".
That's the main gog thing.
Not the goodies, not the lack of drm, not the cheap prices (those are also important, but not enough).

That'll be even more important next year when I switch from vista to win8.
At that point, promos are nice, bargain prices are nice. Goodies and preorder bonuses are nice, low prices and no drm is nice. Nice is nice.

But if there's no "works on win 8" written somewhere, It's still no deal.