It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!

Long version:
The GOG.com Annual Gamer Survey is now our yearly tradition, so once again we ask that you spare 5 minutes of your time and help us make your favorite digital distribution platform a better place. Taking part in it isn't mandatory of course, but recommended if you want to have your share in making GOG the best digital distribution service there is.

Filling out the GOG.com Gamer Survey 2012 does not only guarantee you lifelong happiness but also grants you a free copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2. When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed. If you already own Realms of Arkanie 1+2, the code can be gifted as well.

Grab a pencil... er, a keyboard in your hands and answer the questions below for a better future mankind (with the exeption of non-gamers), and expect a special gift from GOG.com in your mailbox in a few days. Remember that all the small red " * " stars mark the questions that are required.

[i]The survey ends on Monday, September 17 at 9:59 AM GMT. We will start sending out codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 after all the entries are processed.
<br>
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Chamb
RafaelLopez: The strategy of giving away a game that many people already have with no alternative is weird because it prioritizes potentially hundreds of thousands of surveys from people who never had a GOG account before. It should be the opposite: "if you already have Realms of Arkania, you're a certified paying customer and should answer our survey in exchange for a free game or perhaps a discount on a game you actually want".

Wow, they should hire me for my marketing wits.
KitNathaniels: The Avatar has spoken! Although I think you botched Humility on your last sentence. XD But true, it would be better if it was like "hey, fill out the survey and you can have any $5.99-priced game free", or "alright, here's a list of 10 games, once you fill out the survey you pick one and you can have it for free".
The trouble is, as they have explained before, they have to negotiate some kind of deal for a game to be given away. That's why they give out single games at a time.

It'd have been nice to be offered some discount on another game, but still, a spare code for realms of arkania for filling out a survey is a very nice bonus. I'm grateful for it.
RafaelLopez: The strategy of giving away a game that many people already have with no alternative is weird because it prioritizes potentially hundreds of thousands of surveys from people who never had a GOG account before. It should be the opposite: "if you already have Realms of Arkania, you're a certified paying customer and should answer our survey in exchange for a free game or perhaps a discount on a game you actually want".

If we'd had an easy way of doing that, we would have. :P
Zorky: This was fun survey I general never do surveys but for GOG I made an exception.
Me too, I don't even care about the free game I just love GOG.
RafaelLopez: +1
JMich: You do know that the survey is made by a third party, which doesn't (and shouldn't) have any information by gog, right?
Although you might be right, no I don't know that, and I don't see why they should do that. The fact that it was done within gog.com tells me it was made by GOG alone too.

And even if the survey was done by a third party, that wouldn't change the fact that they don't need information on how much is paid for GOG games since they already have it.
RafaelLopez: Never bought from Steam, but classics with missing music on DOSBox? Where? If the game runs, it should run music unless you make sure to not configuring sound card. :)
F4LL0UT: Not only Dos games and it's not about the soundcard. The problem is music that originally was played from audio tracks of the game's CD. Neither Quake nor Jedi Knight on Steam have any kind of emulation for it, IIRC the tracks aren't even included in the package so you can't burn yourself a CD including the music unless you own the original discs. In both cases members of the community had to help each other out.
You talking about missing music in-game or missing additional mp3s you can bring along in your cellphone? I see how people are crazy about GOG's extras, I just don't understand.
Post edited September 10, 2012 by RafaelLopez
Thanks GOG. No gripes here. Survey done.

TheEnigmaticT: If we'd had an easy way of doing that, we would have. :P
True, there's no easy way of hiring me. Cheap? Yes. Easy? No, unless you enjoy avatars from Britannia stinking up the place. ;-)
RafaelLopez: Although you might be right, no I don't know that, and I don't see why they should do that. The fact that it was done within gog.com tells me it was made by GOG alone too.

And even if the survey was done by a third party, that wouldn't change the fact that they don't need information on how much is paid for GOG games since they already have it.
"Hello, we are conducting a survey for the college about the classes in it. You are a college student, right? Excellent.
Would you mind telling us in which semester you are currently enrolled?
What is your average grade?
What is your planned major?
Do you rent a house or live in campus?
Any problems with the faculty?
Ok, thank you for your time, no need to give us a name."
Same deal as the GOG.com survey, a third party is doing an anonymous survey, thus it has no access to GOG.com data. It could have that access, but there's no need for it.
As for how do I know that it's a third party? Check the noscript entries needed to see the survey. Was the same deal last year.
No worries though.
tarasis: The only thing wrong with the survey for me was the question about which platform would you buy the game if released on iOS/android and PC.

There should have been another option. Either Other or Depends. For instance I will likely buy Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition for the iPad rather than PC or Mac because I think it would be best suited for that device. Likewise say Broken Sword or Monkey Island
RafaelLopez: Question asks about your favorite PC game released on iOS/Android, not just any game. If you know what your favorite PC game is, you can answer objectively.
Indeed. I don't have a single favourite PC game, though I do have per genre (BG games for RPG, an Lucas Arts adventure for Adventure Games, Descent for FPS still shooters, Freespace or Tie Fighter for Space Combat, Commandos or Company of Heros for RTS, Trackmania for Racing and so on). Some of those I would buy for iOS over PC, others PC (or Mac) over iOS.
go, gog, go! :)
No DRM, promo prices, great classics and new games, site is a pleasure to use, The Witcher 2 is a modern classic, THANKS GOG!

They can always cross-reference survey emails with the user account database to separate freegans and regulars. And if a paying customer who already has RoA is hanging around the site on a Monday for some reason, the yearly survey is entertainment and he/she will be completing it anyway.
Thanks GOG. Your website looks great ; no DRM, low price, great games! Looking foward to play them :p
Post edited September 10, 2012 by LeGhost90
Thank you GOG !
RafaelLopez: Question asks about your favorite PC game released on iOS/Android, not just any game. If you know what your favorite PC game is, you can answer objectively.
tarasis: Indeed. I don't have a single favourite PC game, though I do have per genre (BG games for RPG, an Lucas Arts adventure for Adventure Games, Descent for FPS still shooters, Freespace or Tie Fighter for Space Combat, Commandos or Company of Heros for RTS, Trackmania for Racing and so on). Some of those I would buy for iOS over PC, others PC (or Mac) over iOS.
I think that is case for everyone, but that is the way of objective surveys. They ignore shades of gray in favor of objective answers that more or less make a general sense of what you feel and take the mean to know what is the most frequent choices.

Starmaker: They can always cross-reference survey emails with the user account database to separate freegans and regulars. And if a paying customer who already has RoA is hanging around the site on a Monday for some reason, the yearly survey is entertainment and he/she will be completing it anyway.
Hush now man, I'm trying to get a point across here ;)
Post edited September 10, 2012 by RafaelLopez
I just have to write to say I have this nagging feeling I forgot to point out the exceptionaly important thing with all of gog, DRM free :)

Nice survey, had to make an exception for GoG, and do this one