It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please help us make GOG.com a better place and get Realms of Arkania 1+2 for free.

Short version:
1. Complete the survey below.
2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!

Long version:
The GOG.com Annual Gamer Survey is now our yearly tradition, so once again we ask that you spare 5 minutes of your time and help us make your favorite digital distribution platform a better place. Taking part in it isn't mandatory of course, but recommended if you want to have your share in making GOG the best digital distribution service there is.

Filling out the GOG.com Gamer Survey 2012 does not only guarantee you lifelong happiness but also grants you a free copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2. When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed. If you already own Realms of Arkanie 1+2, the code can be gifted as well.

Grab a pencil... er, a keyboard in your hands and answer the questions below for a better future mankind (with the exeption of non-gamers), and expect a special gift from GOG.com in your mailbox in a few days. Remember that all the small red " * " stars mark the questions that are required.

[i]The survey ends on Monday, September 17 at 9:59 AM GMT. We will start sending out codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 after all the entries are processed.
<br>
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Chamb
Always glad to help out GOG, even without the free games. Though I would be lying if it I said it wasn't a great bonus :)
I don't see GOG as much of a 'new games platform', to be honest. Indie titles certainly, but when I see games like Assassin's Creed on here it does not interest me. I can get those anywhere else. Target regularly stocks the $10 Assassin's Creed 1+2 bundle; why should I pay $20 for just the first game?

The price for older games is generally good...unless you consider that there's an Atari D&D pack out with all the BG, NWN Icewind Dale and Planescape titles. For $20. And a Fallout 1+2+Tactics pack. For $10. I spent much more than that getting those games, even on promo. I consider it worth it considering the time I've spent with them, but if I had to choose again I would probably just buy the Atari pack. GOG is not my first choice for buying newer games (2005+), not by a long shot. And I don't want it to be.

I'm here for good old games, not new ones, but I applaud GOG's indie support even if their prices are not very competitive. I guess that is different for someone who really wants the extras.
I support this, because they are actually giving away games that EVERYONE should play. RoA (especially the second) have probably the most complex and interesting character/party creation system in roleplaying games. I think RoA2 is second only to Wizardry 6 in it's class system.

Also, not many people know that the first Realms of Arkania was designed by Guido Henkel, who also later went onto help produce Planescape Torment.
Completed survey, thank you it was even fun!
Blimey! I've realized I made a mistake.
Is there a way to edit the survey?
nagi: As a regular customer, I would have filled the survey even without the games attached,
Same here.

:)
Post edited September 10, 2012 by pacciulli
The only real perk that I need with a game is a copy of the documentation that is supposed to come with the game (manual, maps, etc.). I shop here for three reasons:

1) No DRM.
2) Great prices.
3) Lots of games that will run happily on any old hardware (no need to buy a $300 graphics card).

Keep up the good work.
I was planning to buy RoA 1+2 anyway, so thank you GoG :P . Seriously, it is great giving some feedback to helping this site grow and evolve.

Also something something Bring us System Shock 2 something something
Hmm did I miss last year's survey?
Can't believe that I registered one year ago, I love you GOG.com !
Harrkev: The only real perk that I need with a game is a copy of the documentation that is supposed to come with the game (manual, maps, etc.). I shop here for three reasons:

1) No DRM.
2) Great prices.
3) Lots of games that will run happily on any old hardware (no need to buy a $300 graphics card).

Keep up the good work.
Documentation is really essential for old games.

I would never have been able to finish some of the puzzles or some of the nigh impossible fights in older RPG's, without the manuals and cluebooks.
SorenAlexShuya: Can't believe that I registered one year ago, I love you GOG.com !
me too GOG.COM is the best online website for games
*done* That was fun :)

I hope you can see the relationship between the option "I don't play newer games" (in the "why don't you buy premium games?" section) with "my computer is 7+ years old" bit further down...

Though that didn't keep me from buying Legend Of Grimrock. I'll just look longingly at it until I can afford a new PC...
This is gonna sound dumb, but where IS the survey? I can't find a link to it on the news post or anywhere on the site
I'm usually not this web-illiterate, honest.

EDIT: Nevermind, NoScript was blocking it
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Combiner
For those of us who have the games already, I say we support GOG by gifting them to someone who does not have a GOG account but plays old games - create a new customer base.