It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Whilst I still feel that Zchinque has not adequately explained himself, I would like to reiterate my position from yesterday: I do not, at this stage, believe Zchinque is mafia.

As for Zchinques read of me, well, I have to hold my hands up and say I kinda brought this on myself. Going into this game, I rather assumed that flying out the blocks was a rash thing to do. So instead I advised caution in an attempt to facilitate rational discussion rather than having the group race to a decision. It seemed to me to be a sensible, pragmatic thing to do. Had I known that it was such a mafiaish thing to do, I wouldn't have bothered. That'll teach me to try to be helpful, I guess.
jesskitten: (Also, are you softclaiming insane miller day cop??? :P)
You know, I read a game where there was a 2-man mason team where one of the masons got any ability that the other claimed to have in the thread.

"Why yes, I am the unkillable, untargetable, cop-vig who tracks everyone at night!"

Of course, the beneficiary was mafia...
Unvote Basilisek

Question now seems to be do we lynch Zchnique. I think we shouldn't as his stirring things up may cause the maffia to make mistakes.
uhh... so much has happened, while I was on the imaginary loo :)

I took a read through all the posts since yesterday where I had my last look. Took some time to think about all that has been said and even if I don't like how Zchinque acts, I am anyhow not confident that he is one of the mafia. But I do also don't think that he has a special day time ability to see what role a specific user has, as if he rushes forward too much, he would not survive the first night, I think.

because of this: Unvote Zchinque

I think he has no clue as we all have at the moment (beside the Mafia itself, and I don't think that they will show off theirselfes :) (Or do you, please?)

I will rethink the whole situation now and will cast my new vote later today, when my mind has cleared up.
So I've been running errands the past couple of hours, mulling this situation over in my head. There was a lot of back and forth, considering everything everyone has said. That said, I've decided to vote Al1

Zchinque seems to have a good idea of what's going, and my gut is telling me to side with him. Of course, my gut has been wrong before and he could just be really good at playing this game and is actually a Mafia member. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now though.
enterprise2004: So I've been running errands the past couple of hours, mulling this situation over in my head. There was a lot of back and forth, considering everything everyone has said. That said, I've decided to vote Al1

Zchinque seems to have a good idea of what's going, and my gut is telling me to side with him. Of course, my gut has been wrong before and he could just be really good at playing this game and is actually a Mafia member. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now though.
Considering the events, I don't think there's much point in choosing to side with him - he's poking in the dark in search of reactions, as such to get answers as to how we all are acting.

The issue, I think, with nmillar's post (Which Zchinque put forth a public question about), is that nmillar openly admits to not only contribute, but to not contribute due to Zchinque poking around. That is quite suspicious I must say - choosing to not speak up much when one knows another is on the prowl.

On the Al1 part, with him being anything more than town, I cannot make up my mind, but he certainly isn't mafia because of what Zchinque said, as pointed out by bazilisek. Quite possibly Zchinque is mafia, and then pointed the finger at Al1 because he knows he is town, and then later makes up his reasoning in effort to throw us off guard. Just because he is using a known tactic to seed out the mafioso does not mean he isn't one himself.
Damnation: The issue, I think, with nmillar's post (Which Zchinque put forth a public question about), is that nmillar openly admits to not only contribute, but to not contribute due to Zchinque poking around. That is quite suspicious I must say - choosing to not speak up much when one knows another is on the prowl.
Sorry, that's not accurate. I'm looking at each person's contributions in turn to try and form an opinion about them. Zchinque was holding things up by not answering the question posed to him, so I've been waiting for his response before turning my attentions elsewhere.
Damnation: The issue, I think, with nmillar's post (Which Zchinque put forth a public question about), is that nmillar openly admits to not only contribute, but to not contribute due to Zchinque poking around. That is quite suspicious I must say - choosing to not speak up much when one knows another is on the prowl.
nmillar: Sorry, that's not accurate. I'm looking at each person's contributions in turn to try and form an opinion about them. Zchinque was holding things up by not answering the question posed to him, so I've been waiting for his response before turning my attentions elsewhere.
Or perhaps you halted when you learnt what he was doing? In either case, it is merely food for thought (As I seem to have become fond of saying) and was meant only as an answer to what could be wrong with the post. Your intentions when making said post would not necessarily be those, of course - only you can truly know those.
Damnation: Or perhaps you halted when you learnt what he was doing? In either case, it is merely food for thought (As I seem to have become fond of saying) and was meant only as an answer to what could be wrong with the post. Your intentions when making said post would not necessarily be those, of course - only you can truly know those.
And perhaps you are merely trying to deflect attention away from yourself? :P
Damnation: Or perhaps you halted when you learnt what he was doing? In either case, it is merely food for thought (As I seem to have become fond of saying) and was meant only as an answer to what could be wrong with the post. Your intentions when making said post would not necessarily be those, of course - only you can truly know those.
nmillar: And perhaps you are merely trying to deflect attention away from yourself? :P
Aren't everyone?
I think I am going to stay where I am on this one. All Zchinque has done is stir up the town, and cause everyone to over examine and justify his every move in relevance to their own theories.

The only way to give value to what he has said, IMO, is to lynch him and see what happens. There are a variety of ways he could be playing this off for either faction, and I think that we need to validate some of his accusations instead of letting him distract us with points about previous play (seriously, it was probably nmillar's first game, that doesn't set his actions in stone for life) and complaining about useless players and lurkers.

This gives us a few options, such as lynching an overly neutral player (Al1), lynching Zchinque, waiting for a few days to build up another lynch, or nolynching and seeing how things develop at night.

If someone can come up with an alternate solution, I'm all ears, but I'm sticking to my guns for now, and keeping my vote where it is.
Typhoon45: I think I am going to stay where I am on this one. All Zchinque has done is stir up the town, and cause everyone to over examine and justify his every move in relevance to their own theories.

The only way to give value to what he has said, IMO, is to lynch him and see what happens. There are a variety of ways he could be playing this off for either faction, and I think that we need to validate some of his accusations instead of letting him distract us with points about previous play (seriously, it was probably nmillar's first game, that doesn't set his actions in stone for life) and complaining about useless players and lurkers.

This gives us a few options, such as lynching an overly neutral player (Al1), lynching Zchinque, waiting for a few days to build up another lynch, or nolynching and seeing how things develop at night.

If someone can come up with an alternate solution, I'm all ears, but I'm sticking to my guns for now, and keeping my vote where it is.
Do you want to lynch me because you think I'm scum, or do you want to lynch me to prove that I am town?

Or let me put it another way, if you were to take a guess right now - what do you think my alignment is?
Zchinque: Do you want to lynch me because you think I'm scum, or do you want to lynch me to prove that I am town?

Or let me put it another way, if you were to take a guess right now - what do you think my alignment is?
I want to lynch you because I think that you are scum. I think that you are trying to generate as much confusion as possible while drawing as much attention away from yourself as possible. I don't have any faith in your motivations, and I believe that lynching you can only help the town at this point.
Zchinque: Do you want to lynch me because you think I'm scum, or do you want to lynch me to prove that I am town?

Typhoon45: I want to lynch you because I think that you are scum. I think that you are trying to generate as much confusion as possible while drawing as much attention away from yourself as possible. I don't have any faith in your motivations, and I believe that lynching you can only help the town at this point.
Good answer. Except how am I trying to get attention away from myself? If you look at my play in the early game, do you believe that I didn't think it would bring attention to myself?

And you say you don't believe my motivations - again I ask, what do you consider the scum rationale behind my actions?
Zchinque: Good answer. Except how am I trying to get attention away from myself? If you look at my play in the early game, do you believe that I didn't think it would bring attention to myself?

And you say you don't believe my motivations - again I ask, what do you consider the scum rationale behind my actions?
Whenever you finish a post, you complain about a variety of other people in ways that make them seem suspicious for very little reason. You bring up nmillar's comments only to compare them to past play, when past play does very little to influence the progress of this game. You also complain about how he played in a reserved manner... by waiting for you to answer a question? This hardly seems fair. You also complain about a lurker, but in a way that just seems to attack him for not being here. It is not a crime to not post for a couple of days (although a week would be cutting it pretty thin, Azarr). It just feels, so scummy.

As for your motivations, you could be trying to run the town's train of thought, which is scummy no matter which way you look at it because it makes you essential to the town's survival. If you are Town, and were chosen to be NK'd, then the town would be lost because you weren't there to lead it to conclusions. Or, if you are Mafia, you are setting all of its members against each other while moving their attention away from the true mafia.

Either way, most (if not all) of the discussion so far has revolved around you, what you have done, what you have said. Its dangerous, especially if you are mafia. I don't trust it. My vote still stands.