It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, France in the ESC in the last decade...
Ah, nobody loves us Brits. Well, maybe a couple of people.
Goddammit guys, I told you not to vote for Austria!
The-Business: The Polish video is so full of stereotypes at the start, I like it:
- rural buildings
- crying (?) cock
- attractive girls
- not so attractive boy
- a babushka
Yeah, it's stylized for a folk song.
The-Business: Edit: You already know that you are getting the Olympics and that the application gets accepted by vote later this month?
We (or rather people of Cracov) are voting on May 25th. The government want it, the people - probably not so much due to the costs.
Fesin: Goddammit guys, I told you not to vote for Austria!
At lesst he /she sung well - I do not personally mind extra-musical bits that much - just that the bond theme type of thing had been done before.

Slightly sad, maybe, than FI nor CH did not won, meanwhile.

But Denmark: best stage ever!

We Finns love you as our more successful brothers, possibly, or sometimes as the speech impedimented ones, but most well done here, really!!

And either way, we love you, successful or retarded, because you are our brothers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw
Novotnus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw
With the Americans the cleavage might have worked against the beard... but I am pleased it did not with us.

Nothing to be sorry about - ESC is a most admirable institution, even if heroic deeds might be further in the past - but Raise Like a Phoenix shall not be the worst number in musical sense to win the competition.

And if South Park creators could see the natural diversity of Europe, and our controversial spirit, how jealous and inspired they might be - but:

Con te, così lontano e diverso
Con te, amico che credevo perso
Io e te, sotto lo stesso sogno
Insieme, unite, unite, Europe

- they will never see or hardly could replicate why such ideals should win our competition. I do not think.
TStael: With the Americans the cleavage might have worked against the beard... but I am pleased it did not with us.

Nothing to be sorry about - ESC is a most admirable institution, even if heroic deeds might be further in the past - but Raise Like a Phoenix shall not be the worst number in musical sense to win the competition.

And if South Park creators could see the natural diversity of Europe, and our controversial spirit, how jealous and inspired they might be - but:

Con te, così lontano e diverso
Con te, amico che credevo perso
Io e te, sotto lo stesso sogno
Insieme, unite, unite, Europe

- they will never see or hardly could replicate why such ideals should win our competition. I do not think.
I was just joking :) Fesin didn't want his country to win, because now they'll have to host Eurovision next year. I didn't want Poland to win because of the same reason (plus I don't like the song).
And the episode of South Park had nothing to do with Eurovision or any other competition :)
Woo! Nine points! That's better than France. Suck it!

Thankfully this puts hosting the ESC as far as it can be. Well... in absolute terms, not so much.
darthvader39560: Ah, nobody loves us Brits. Well, maybe a couple of people.
Ah well, a lot of us do love you earnest, for many contributions, if possibly not for Eurovision choices.

I for one gave ya one vote personally tonite for coming out of the the box from the attic - your songs have been just mainly very old fashioned. I liked your song, and representative, if not as passionately as e.g. FI, CH, HU, IT - these not exactly being the most popular choices either - but these were good songs, still.

Imagine if Softengine had been from the UK, actually. Or Raphael Guallazzi? What commercial break, really, eh, for young artists ??!

I think UK should also focus on untried talent - often enough, they might not win, but... what does it matter if the artist might be well loved? I bought Raphael Guallazzi's CD because he was in Eurovision, and as I thought Italy would send good things.They did.

And it might, also, bring a victory, from time to time.
TStael: - they will never see or hardly could replicate why such ideals should win our competition. I do not think.
Novotnus: I was just joking :) Fesin didn't want his country to win, because now they'll have to host Eurovision next year. I didn't want Poland to win because of the same reason (plus I don't like the song).
And the episode of South Park had nothing to do with Eurovision or any other competition :)
To host Eurovision is an honour - and a most admirable tradition - and those who will not want to assume, why would they not just go all out, as opposed to just go some measure in? Especially when the performance seems to be about titties, as opposed to music.

I should most certainly love North Africa and Lebanon to join. I would not accept that for Eurovision - that is a wonderfully intra and cross continental rallying point with a lot of history - anything such as full veil should be imposed. But also, there is no need for excessive sexualisation, when it adds nothing to the music.

Returning back to the basics should be both welcome both musically and economically.

I saw Turkish, Lebanese, Bosinian-Hertzegovinan flags in the audience, when these nations may have not been there, but the positive rush, and the good-hearted fun, and the ideal remains. And sure some others just not not panned in on camera..? Comment pray if you saw them, or you were in Copenhagen with your flag!!

Thank you for being there, really - in these somewhat cynical or disbelieving times, this means a lot I think. :-) This is to me the spirit of Eurovision, even when deeper meaning might be lacking from lyrics or compositions.
People always do the opposite of what you want. They just cannot help it, even the Eurovision watchers.

And too YOU the French, why the bloody hell did you steal our position. LAST PLACE WAS OURS!!!
We tried so hard *sobs*
THIS THREAD IS HURTING MY FEELINGS!!!
011284mm: People always do the opposite of what you want. They just cannot help it, even the Eurovision watchers.

And too YOU the French, why the bloody hell did you steal our position. LAST PLACE WAS OURS!!!
We tried so hard *sobs*
Nah. This year we were unbeatable. Sucky song, sucky singers, sucky effects, sucky choregraphy, sucky music, sucky style... The suckiness was so strong I could almost taste it through my TV screen.

My head is still spinning with emotions right now.
Post edited May 10, 2014 by Tza
Tza: (...)
I'm asking for a quarantine.