It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For anyone interested, Aurora - a quite tough 4X game - is now at version 6.42. I added it to GOG's wishlist, and, sure, did it half-jokingly : http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/aurora

Still, to celebrate this, I'm giving away one gog code for Galactic Civilizations. Or do I celebrate to give a game away ? never mind..

Rules for the giveaway :

- to participate, you must have at least 5 rep
- must be on gog for more than one month
- you must have an avatar
- choice will be made on a random basis by Friday evening , European Continental time

Post edited May 10, 2014 by Phc7006
A 4x DF in space? I'll bite.

edit:

Yeah, I saw this:
http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Installation

I'm gonna wait until there is an simpler installation option before I try this one out. I love Stars! so, this might be right up my alley. I'll keep an eye on it.
Post edited May 10, 2014 by evilnancyreagan
Thanks for the heads up
I wonder why Gog doesn't make an effort to make a section for freeware for best of or popular freeware games?
Niggles: I wonder why Gog doesn't make an effort to make a section for freeware for best of or popular freeware games?
I tend to agree, although they probably would have to restrict themselves to a selection (it does have a cost) , that would probably be attractive to quite a few users. Wonder though how the right holders would react.

The giveaway is still going on.
Considering how much interest there was in the giveaway part of this thread ( is this that no-one is interested in Gal Civ , or just that no one bothers with the forum if giveaway is not in capital letters in the title ?), giving the award is as simple as throwing a coin. Niggles, I send you the gift code by PM ;-)
Phc7006: Considering how much interest there was in the giveaway part of this thread ( is this that no-one is interested in Gal Civ , or just that no one bothers with the forum if giveaway is not in capital letters in the title ?), giving the award is as simple as throwing a coin. Niggles, I send you the gift code by PM ;-)
thank you very much :). Awesome!!!
Do I get to fire from the cruiser in the game to start the revolution?
Some bumps on the way would have been great (at least daily).
Thanks for the links, gonna take a look, as the game looks okay. Also thanks for the giveaway and congrats to Niggles.