It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
Just one problem in Germany. CAN'T pre-order the CE. Is it a problem by amazon???
IAmSinistar: ...

Digital edition includes DRM-free game, digital artbook, bonus videos, map. Exclusive GOG edition includes extended soundtrack, comic book, concept art, a detailed map, and Neverwinter Nights. Also a discount for GOG members who own previous Witchers. Mentions a "fair price" plan to give away extra games for non-US buyers, a la AOW3.

The Witcher Adventure Game

The Witcher Adventure Game closed beta available now through GOG Galaxy.

W3 preorders come with two keys for The Witcher Adventure Game beta, which is not F2P but a proper game.
Tekkaman-James: Two small parts that you missed, which I added. Otherwise, excellent summary!

EDIT: Also the comic book that comes with the GOG-exclusive digital version is a redemption key to use on the Dark Horse Digital Comics service.
Thanks, it was the digital map I missed in my hurried typing. I did say "closed beta" in the line above the other one. :)

Cheers, appreciate you catching the missed item!
Post edited June 05, 2014 by IAmSinistar
Wishbone: So, as someone who only caught the very end of the conference, I have to ask: What the hell is Galaxy? An optional DRM free multiplayer client is the impression I get, is that accurate? And is there a reason that the URL exists (they did say "come join us at gog.com/galaxy), but only shows the normal GOG.com front page?
DProject: I got the impression that it's like Steam, but optional and for your GOG games. In short.
Not just, you can play a game on Galaxy you bought on GoG with friends of yours having had it on Steam.

And there's other stuff.
LynetteC: Never mind, I'm sure Sinistar, foxworks or Sachys will help me to find it a good home. :-)
If only it came with free sausage as well :P
Post edited June 05, 2014 by BillyMaysFan59
Smannesman: So what exactly is the news?
A crappy client and TW3 20% off pre-order?
It was to show Ciri and Yennefer ^^
Wishbone: So, as someone who only caught the very end of the conference, I have to ask: What the hell is Galaxy? An optional DRM free multiplayer client is the impression I get, is that accurate? And is there a reason that the URL exists (they did say "come join us at gog.com/galaxy), but only shows the normal GOG.com front page?
I caught only the last few minutes too, but I've just realized there's a rewind button on the vídeo and IamSinistar has some links to a brief summary of what has happened a page or two before this one.
Hope it helps clarify any doubts.
IAmSinistar: I suspected that AGB might have been an alias for a bluetext
Rebuttal
Preordered Witcher 3 immediatly after saw the adress on the tv screen in the conference.

Strangely i don't have the Neverwinter Code yet, perhaps in a few hours.
For the blues...

This is super awesome! Thank you so much for finally creating a full blown *OPTIONAL* gaming service and client GOG.com! This is something a *lot* of gamers will appreciate and which will make things smoother for many games, and especially make downloading, installing and updating go much nicer for people who would like to /optionally/ have this /option/ (such as me) while continuing to let people who don't want it or care about it to continue to do things the way they've always done it.

I'm one of the people who have been saying all along that this was easily possible for GOG to do in a way that provides value to customers without taking anything away from those who aren't interested and it appears that GOG Galaxy proves this is possible. Very much looking forward to trying it out as soon as it is available.

I've got one question though and forgive me if it's been asked and answered already: How long will The Witcher 3 pre-order price and benefits be available for, is it just a limited time or is it all the way up to the release of the game next February?
Terpor: http://www.gog.com/galaxy didn't work for me :(
No, it doesn't appear to be up yet, which is odd as I would think they'd have it prepped already for the announcement. *shrug* Definitely willing to give it a try and see how it works out whenever it'll actually come on-line.
schmiddlbua: Just one problem in Germany. CAN'T pre-order the CE. Is it a problem by amazon???
Same with France...

CD-Projekt RED, what's up with that ?
Post edited June 05, 2014 by Karboxyd
What about people pre-ordering TW 3, but who already own Neverwinter Nights?
LynetteC: Pre-ordered my Witcher 3 and got a couple of fair price codes ('cos I'm in the money grabbing UK!) and a code for Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition - shame I already own it!

Never mind, I'm sure Sinistar, foxworks or Sachys will help me to find it a good home. :-)
Heh heh, I'll be glad to help when the time comes. I'll have my own copy of that key to give away then as well. I suspect there will be a lot of those soon...
Sacr3dus: It was to show Ciri and Yennefer ^^
Who?
I haven't actually finished any of the Witchers.
Great announcements! Wild Hunt looks bad ass and I may be per-ordering it. But I'm even more excited for GOG Galaxy!!! I've downloaded and back up all of my games, and I would love to use it for easier organization. (Any dates for release?)

But, I'm extremely disappointed that there was no mention on GOG's endeavors with Linux, since we haven't heard anything about it since March.