It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
Crosmando: The main problem is that the market is completely skewed in favor of the same old single-character Action-RPG/hack'n'slash games. I mean how many party-based non-action RPGs are even being made anymore? You can count them on two hands, and their all Kickstarter projects (mostly).
I definitely agree that there are far less party-based RPGs as compared to single player ones but that shouldn't be a reason to expect CDPR to make one just because those are the best selling games on GOG, as they are making games which they believe in that would also appeal to a diverse audience because I was never into any kind of RPGs until I decided to take a chance on the Witcher which I ended up liking a lot and has made me more open to these experiences.

Also to doubt every action RPG especially from someone with CD Projekt Red's track record is a little harsh because the game is still a long way off and won't be coming out till next year. :)
Post edited May 29, 2014 by stg83
Also, I'm hoping The Witcher 3 will become The Witch3r.
Potzato: A secret announcement delivered in the merriest manner .... is this GoG closing down again ? ;p
Shoo...
trusteft:
and people think.... gasp... Borderlands is an rpg. It is not and rpg. A tacked on level up system doesn't make thee a rpg.
trusteft:
gbaz69: and people think.... gasp... Borderlands is an rpg. It is not and rpg. A tacked on level up system doesn't make thee a rpg.
Well said.
trusteft:
gbaz69: and people think.... gasp... Borderlands is an rpg. It is not and rpg. A tacked on level up system doesn't make thee a rpg.
To me Borderlands is the same genre as Diablo, but in first person, not isometric, same with titles like Hellgate London
tfishell: Also, I'm hoping The Witcher 3 will become The Witch3r.
With a cliffhanger ending that is only resolved in a mobile phone-only game!
of course, if it is indeed Lucasarts, I hope it is games outside of what has been available on Steam already. If it turns out to be just the games we can already get and not stuff like Maniac Mansion or X-Wing I'll be disappointed. Sure, it would be great for GOG to have the Jedi Knight games, The Dig, LOOM, and Indiana Jones series, but something unavailable would be nice.
tfishell: Also, I'm hoping The Witcher 3 will become The Witch3r.
jcoa: With a cliffhanger ending that is only resolved in a mobile phone-only game!
How about The wIIItcher?
Post edited May 29, 2014 by CeeKay
CeeKay: of course, if it is indeed Lucasarts, I hope it is games outside of what has been available on Steam already. If it turns out to be just the games we can already get and not stuff like Maniac Mansion or X-Wing I'll be disappointed. Sure, it would be great for GOG to have the Jedi Knight games, The Dig, LOOM, and Indiana Jones series, but something unavailable would be nice.

[...]
FWIW - for us strictly DRM-free folks, all of the LucasArts games are unavailable.
I hope the game has good easter eggs.

I would like a 3d model of Geralt from each of The Witcher games, to be somewhere in the game so we can juxtapose them.
Could be manikins lined up in player owned home for all 3 Geralts. The 3d models for those manikins would be exact to their games polygons and textures.
That be nice having all three manikins poseable.

gandalf.nho: To me Borderlands is the same genre as Diablo, but in first person, not isometric, same with titles like Hellgate London
Have you played Borderlands? It has no base stats like strength, charisma, etc., and it only only 1 activatable skill per person (all other *cough* "skills", are passive modifications).
At least Diablo is more rpg then Borderlands will ever be. Diablo has base stats, many activatable spells/skills.
(both games have a loot system, and tiny/generic quests.. and Borderlands has next to no lore/story.)

I would class Diablo as an action-rpg and Borderlands as ONLY first-person shooter.
Change to service = forum search engine will work!

:D
CeeKay: of course, if it is indeed Lucasarts, I hope it is games outside of what has been available on Steam already. If it turns out to be just the games we can already get and not stuff like Maniac Mansion or X-Wing I'll be disappointed. Sure, it would be great for GOG to have the Jedi Knight games, The Dig, LOOM, and Indiana Jones series, but something unavailable would be nice.

[...]
HypersomniacLive: FWIW - for us strictly DRM-free folks, all of the LucasArts games are unavailable.
The Dosbox ones like Dark Forces work just fine IIRC

[...]
HypersomniacLive: FWIW - for us strictly DRM-free folks, all of the LucasArts games are unavailable.
good point, I had not thought of that. I'll be happy for others, but inside I'll be crying :)
HGiles: Change to service = forum search engine will work!

:D
HA!

Good one, by the way there were some flying pigs earlier and a snowflake that went through hell has started to write a book.
BJWanlund: The Dosbox ones like Dark Forces work just fine IIRC
I don't want to derail the thread with this discussion, so I'm only going to say that as a DRM-free proponent I can't and won't support Steam's business model. ;-)

CeeKay: good point, I had not thought of that. I'll be happy for others, but inside I'll be crying :)
Nah, don't cry - if LucasArts games come here, I'm pretty sure that sooner or later you'll have incentives to buy a game or two here. ;-)
Post edited May 29, 2014 by HypersomniacLive