It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
tfishell: I thought that was LucasArts who they came really close to signing before Disney boffed things up. (That's what I got out of bits and pieces of info here and there.)
I really wish Loom and Co. would come to GOG. But knowing Disney that's going to be tough.
tfishell: I thought that was LucasArts who they came really close to signing before Disney boffed things up. (That's what I got out of bits and pieces of info here and there.)
shmerl: I really wish Loom and Co. would come to GOG. But knowing Disney that's going to be tough.
I don't think I've ever met a GOGateer who ever said they didn't want LA to show up. ;) It would be interesting to find somebody like that, though. EDIT: On GOG that is; I'm sure some Disney people don't want that or don't care, obviously.
Post edited May 28, 2014 by tfishell
IAmSinistar: Well, I was simplifying a bit, because the rights are actually a right mess (sorry).

Attempts to revive it or spin it off are pretty much doomed to failure. Nevertheless, it will remain in my heart the greatest computer ever. As I and my friends used to say, Amiga stands for "Ah Me, It's God Almighty!". :)
Haha, thanks, makes sense now.

Yeah, I agree. I was floored when I first saw an A500 around '86.
I'll have to remember that quote of yours, lol.

And God created A.D.A.M. (Coleco) and saw it wasn't quite good enough, so he made an Amiga... ;)
They better show more than a couple minutes of gameplay. Or I will be disappoint.
My Response to this announcement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrCEhRNgGHY
I think you know you are a long-term community member of GOG if you don't get excited by the announcement of an announcement any longer.

Big news for GOG are probably just Linux support and new paying options.
CDP should make a turn-based RPG, screw this action crap
Crosmando: CDP should make a turn-based RPG, screw this action crap
Well, I, for one, prefer this action "crap". If CD Projekt RED feels like they need to make a strategy game or a turn-based RPG to appease all the GOGgers that like those genres more, then, by all means, I welcome it, you guys deserve to have the games you like. But we who like the action "crap" and the adventure "crap" pay for our games as well, and there's enough market space for both kinds of crap. Your action "crap" and my turn-based "crap".
Crosmando: CDP should make a turn-based RPG, screw this action crap
groze: Well, I, for one, prefer this action "crap". If CD Projekt RED feels like they need to make a strategy game or a turn-based RPG to appease all the GOGgers that like those genres more, then, by all means, I welcome it, you guys deserve to have the games you like. But we who like the action "crap" and the adventure "crap" pay for our games as well, and there's enough market space for both kinds of crap. Your action "crap" and my turn-based "crap".
They make action-games purely so they can port them to consoles more easily. Witcher 3 is being created for the Xbox One/PS4 dudebro audience.

Witcher 2 has atrocious button-mashing roll-dodging "combat", is terribly written and even more terribly localized into English .

I for one think the market is over-saturated with action-RPGs which are more about player reflexes than stats.
Post edited May 29, 2014 by Crosmando
vulchor: I sure hope the new feature coming to GOG doesn't require any of us to dust off our pitchforks to light.
Silly bumpkin farmers. Pitchforks are for stabbing, not torch use. =P
vulchor: I sure hope the new feature coming to GOG doesn't require any of us to dust off our pitchforks to light.
mistermumbles: Silly bumpkin farmers. Pitchforks are for stabbing, not torch use. =P
But what about pitchforks wrapped in rag dipped in flammable liquid? :o
This is going to be interesting. I'm going to watch this after I drive home...from LA! I'll be working in town where you are only a few hours earlier! I'm working right next to the Wiltern Theater. I'll wave a hearty wave to the Convention Center as I drive by on the 10 freeway, then go home and watch you from 50 miles away. I know you guys won't see me, but I'll give you a wave anyway. Welcome to LA! Stay awhile! Check out the restaurants in LA Live right near you! Check out the city. Come back often! :)
Actually, I just checked. I'm going to be down the street from you at work at that time, but I will certainly check in during works at break and after I finish for the morning. I'll be keeping tabs on what you guys are up to down the Purple Line from where I am.
Post edited May 29, 2014 by ZapMcRaygunn
Is there any truth to the rumour that GOG is going to scrap its website?
Hey GOG, I don't want you to spill the beans or anything but if I can ask you just a side question... that galaxy of possibilities you mentioned, is it one of those galaxies which are far, far away? because that would be neat.
Man, I hope it is Star Wars or Star Trek related.
Or even the older Elite titles, I would get them too.
Post edited May 29, 2014 by trusteft