It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's middle of the summer vacations, so the pace has slowed down a bit. Well, looking at all the promos we're running and the recent releases you can't really say it's "silly season" at GOG.com, but you know what we mean. We decided to take a more in-depth look at the games we've released, especially the ones from Electronic Arts, and chat with some of the developers that made those classics.

Thanks to our own Silencer - Vagabond - we got in touch with Tony Zurovec, the lead designer of Crusader games, and asked him some questions about these awesome classics. As we love getting you involved in pretty much everything we do, we'd like you to ask your questions about Crusader: No Remorse to Tony. We'll pick 5 most interesting ones and forward them to him to get the answers, while the authors of those questions will receive a GOG.com game of their choice(this includes the awesome The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings!). Post your questions in the comments section until end of Sunday, July 24th.
Salutations, Tony.

Around ten years ago I discovered Crusader: No Remorse in a cheap stock clearance warehouse type shop - I was around twelve, and could not be dragged out until I had it. It didn't work, in the slightest, and I couldn't fix it. There wasn't such an emphasis on the internet on fixing older games at that point, and I believe my mother took it back to the shop for a refund.

I've remained curious ever since - so my question, foolish as it may be, is simple;

Other than because I'm insufferably curious and feel I owe myself the experience, and simply because I like giving GoG my money - why should I buy and play Crusader: No Remorse? ;P
This game was released in 1995, and it was one of the games, that brought in a new level of graphics and game-play.
What where the technical hurdles that had to be over-come, to go from the classic (at the time popular) 2d side scroller, to such an awesome 3d Isometric environment?

My first time I played, I marveled at the environmental destructibility, and blew everything up, just because I could. This was also something I'd never seen before, and it would be interesting to hear about the complexities encountered in achieving this.
Hi!

I must say I have been following GOG and it's promotions. And today I saw the Crusader: No Remorse, and I was like: OMG! and then I saw that we could actually ask a question to one of the developers! I was stunned.

I picked this game around 1998 or 1997. I played it non stop on my newly bought PC, that I could buy by working in a construction site. I was around 10 years. Since then I could not forget the Red Badass "Silencer" and this chilly music: http://youtu.be/wwG5BJtZBCU

As well as the gameplay, as it was a major stun for me at that time. I must say I never found another game that could entertain me as this one. With this, my only question is:

Why why why games nowadays can't bring the same joy\entertainment as Crusader did and do if played nowadays?!

A bonus question, if you had the rights to publish\develop further this series, would you do that? and what team would you bring to the project?

Best regards,
Just two questions I would like to ask:

What inspired the storyline and characters behind Crusader: No Remorse and Crusade: No Regret?

If you were to remake Crusader: No Remorse now, what gameplay elements would you change, if anything?
Did any of the posts in this topic make you think "I'm glad that guy doesn't know where I live."?

Do you, personally, think the game deserves to be called a classic?

How close to the original concept/vision is the game?

What are you up to these days?
Jekhar: So, i remember having some newsletter in the game box back then. What was that SHODAN reference in there all about?
Also, what happened to Crusader: No Mercy?
I can probably answer the question about the SHODAN reference for you - SHODAN was the name of the evil AI in another of Origin's games - System Shock.

SHODAN apparently stands for Super Hyper Optimised Data Access Network. Yes, I have that game, and that rogue AI was an evil bitch without her ethical protocols... I'll certainly remember Citadel Station alright! If System Shock ever ends up on GOG, you should get it!
These days violence in video games is a given, but I have this to ask:

When you released the game way back then, were you concerned that it would receive negative press attention for the amount of violence in the game?
Deus_Ex: These days violence in video games is a given, but I have this to ask:

When you released the game way back then, were you concerned that it would receive negative press attention for the amount of violence in the game?
Or were you expecting / hoping for that to be a publicity booster?

Relatedly, did you have any trouble with / pressure from the publisher over that creative choice?
Hey Tony! What were the team's main source of inspiration for the game, and what was the ultimate goal with making the game? What did you want the gamer to experience and feel when they played Crusader?
wait a second....didnt this thread have 13 pages previously? how did it become 9 pages?
What was your favorite moment from playing/testing the Crusader games, and did you have any ideas that you liked that didn't quite make it into the final version.
Roman5: wait a second....didnt this thread have 13 pages previously? how did it become 9 pages?
If you are logged out it has 12 pages, after log-in - you see 9
Hey Tony,

I've seen rumors around the net that the Crusader series may actually tie in to the Wing Commander Universe, and there are a few Wing Commander games with Crusader Easter Eggs in them. Was it the intent for Crusader to fit into the same universe as Wing Commander, or are these tiny easter eggs just insider fun?

Also, who wins in a knock-down, drag-out fight: The Silencer or Master Chief? My vote is on The Silencer!
Why is the mouse control the way it is? Wouldn't it be better if it was a "click where to go" scheme?
Looking back at the game today, what would be the one thing you would change if you had the chance?