It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Sorry if there's already a topic for this one. In that case, please close it.

Capcom has published yet another survey. It's possible to leave a message of up to 400 characters this time, as well. Provided you're interested in filling out one, you might want to ask them to release more of their games here. Here's hoping if enough people ask for it, we might see something new here from them in the future.

https://captown.capcom.com/en/super_elections
Post edited February 17, 2024 by adikad13000
Quite telling that they equate PC gaming with Steam only. But even on Steam they have fallen into disfavour with parts of their customers, after adding third party DRM retroactively to old titles, including the purchased ones in people's library. That doesn't bode well for any chance of them being interested in releasing more games DRM-free on PC in a store that is not Steam.
Post edited February 17, 2024 by Leroux
How long does it take to fill out? It's extremely unlikely to have any effect, but if it doesn't take too long, I'd say make your voice heard and it wouldn't hurt to try.

You or somebody else should share this on the r/gog subreddit too.
I expressed my desire for more Capcom games on GOG.com.
Maybe someone will notice...
Cast my 'vote' as well.

Feel free to copy-paste the following as the concluding 'comment':

Please consider returning to (re-)releasing Capcom titles on GOG.com - that would be greatly appreciated.
The GOG community wishlist has accumulated +10000 votes on some of Capcom's most famous franchises and yet there's been no sign of willingness to translate these +10000 votes into +10000 sales of, for example, the first three classic installments in the Resident Evil franchise.
Thank you.

Should fit within the character limit of 400.
high rated
Voted just to leave this comment: "After I found out about you stealthily patching the Enigma Protector DRM, created by some shady unknown Russian company, into your back catalog titles, I immediately uninstalled all Capcom games from my PC and will not touch a single one of your titles until you remove that crap, apologize, and guarantee that this type of BS will NEVER happen again."
Perhaps it is screaming into the void in light of recent DRM developments as others have said but it doesn't hurt to try.
Might as well try, tho at this point I think Capcom is a lost cause on the level of Ubisoft
Just give us the original Resident Evil remake and we'll be happy for the time being.
For them to take any notice, they would likely need to be swamped with requests for releases at GOG. And even then they would likely blame a bot, certainly as any such swamping would only be in our wildest dreams.

Clearly those at Capcom have a DRM mindset. I cannot see that as being easily changed, not now. I'd give up on them, and just get their games by other means ... or better still, don't get their games at all, treat them like they don't exist ... the best form of anti-promotion.
kalirion: Voted just to leave this comment: "After I found out about you stealthily patching the Enigma Protector DRM, created by some shady unknown Russian company,...
Hasn't Capcom replaced it with their in-house protection? Based on my understanding from the talk given by one of their security engineers, they are still planning to rely on DENUVO for short-term protection after release, in addition to implementing their own protection to their catalogue.
kalirion: Voted just to leave this comment: "After I found out about you stealthily patching the Enigma Protector DRM, created by some shady unknown Russian company,...
Mori_Yuki: Hasn't Capcom replaced it with their in-house protection? Based on my understanding from the talk given by one of their security engineers, they are still planning to rely on DENUVO for short-term protection after release, in addition to implementing their own protection to their catalogue.
I believe that there are many Steam forum posts and reviews on some Capcom games saying that they are indeed adding said Enigma Protector DRM, and some go even further saying that this Enigma DRM is based on software / created from / by China or Russia companies that feels almost like malware? I don't know. I can't confirm as I have not researched this deeply. But since we are agaisnt DRM, its bad either way.

About the survey:

I heard from a long term streamer (Maximilliam_DOOD, mostly fighting games streamer, avid player of Street Fighter series, since 2, Alpha, and so on days, to this day on Street Fighter 6) that had many partnerships with Capcom in the past that Capcom, as a company, tend to value the results of these surveys greatly and that he had already seen real results coming from them.
adikad13000: Sorry if there's already a topic for this one. In that case, please close it.

Capcom has published yet another survey. It's possible to leave a message of up to 400 characters this time, as well. Provided you're interested in filling out one, you might want to ask them to release more of their games here. Here's hoping if enough people ask for it, we might see something new here from them in the future.

You forgot to mention the open answer, up to 400 characters, goes after 10 questions heavily biased. To let people decide:

Q3.- What do you look for in Capcom games? up to "three" of the choices
Exhilarating gameplay
Unpredictable and exciting storylines
Unique worlds
Replay value
Memorable and moving music
Unique and captivating characters
Superb graphics
First-time experiences (new genres)
Ability to play with players worldwide
Difficult but satisfying and rewarding gameplay

Q4.- What image do you have of Capcom? up to "three" of the choices
Pioneers
Master of its craft
Playful
Extremely meticulous
The HQ is in Japan
Weird (in a good way)
A hub of amazing creators
Unique
Global competitor
I don't have a specific image of the company

Q5.- Are there any Capcom game series (including spinoff games) that you would like to see get a sequel or new game? up to "three" of the choices, can't be blank
Darkstalkers
Okami
Onimusha
Ace Attorney
Street Fighter
Sengoku Basara
Dino Crisis
Dead Rising
Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma
Toraware No Paruma
VS. Capcom
Resident Evil
Final Fight
Breath of Fire
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Monster Hunter
Lost Planet
Mega Man

Q6.- Is there a game that you would like to see completely remade with the latest technology, including character design and story direction? select just "one" of the choices, can't be blank
Onimusya 1,2, and 3
Ace Attorney 1, 2, and 3
Commando
Rival Schools
Nijiirocho No kiseki
Final Fight
Breath of Fire I, II, and III
Gargoyle's Quest I, and II
Megaman I, II, and III
Not in here

Q9.- Do you have a complaint you would like to share with Capcom? select the "one" you think is the most important
Too slow to release new numbered titles!
Lame designs...
Too money-oriented!
Needs to communicate with its fans better!
I've got lots of reasons not listed above!
Release more original titles, not sequels!
Reboot old IPs already!
Not enough merchandise in stock! (Sells out too quickly!)
Resting on its laurels too much lately!
No complaints here! Keep up the good work!

Q10.- We welcome all your support for Capcom.
Yes
No
Depends

Q11.- Do you have any final comments for Capcom?
Open answer, up to 400 characters
tfishell: How long does it take to fill out? It's extremely unlikely to have any effect, but if it doesn't take too long, I'd say make your voice heard and it wouldn't hurt to try.

You or somebody else should share this on the r/gog subreddit too.
Shared this over there earlier today. I think it is up to 8-12 minutes, 15 at max. Not that complicated survey, has like 10 questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/1atu4cq/yet_another_capcom_survey_in_2024/
Memecchi: Might as well try, tho at this point I think Capcom is a lost cause on the level of Ubisoft
Capcom at least makes better games, than Ubisoft, so I wouldn't say they are on the same level, but if it comes to loving DRM and greediness, yeah pretty close one, indeed.

Timboli: For them to take any notice, they would likely need to be swamped with requests for releases at GOG. And even then they would likely blame a bot, certainly as any such swamping would only be in our wildest dreams.

Clearly those at Capcom have a DRM mindset. I cannot see that as being easily changed, not now. I'd give up on them, and just get their games by other means ... or better still, don't get their games at all, treat them like they don't exist ... the best form of anti-promotion.
Nah, better to raise your voice against them however futile it may be, especially if you already intend to fill out this survey.

adikad13000: Sorry if there's already a topic for this one. In that case, please close it.

Provide_A_Username: You forgot to mention the open answer, up to 400 characters, goes after 10 questions heavily biased. To let people decide:

Q3.- What do you look for in Capcom games? up to "three" of the choices
Exhilarating gameplay
Unpredictable and exciting storylines
Unique worlds
Replay value
Memorable and moving music
Unique and captivating characters
Superb graphics
First-time experiences (new genres)
Ability to play with players worldwide
Difficult but satisfying and rewarding gameplay

Q4.- What image do you have of Capcom? up to "three" of the choices
Pioneers
Master of its craft
Playful
Extremely meticulous
The HQ is in Japan
Weird (in a good way)
A hub of amazing creators
Unique
Global competitor
I don't have a specific image of the company

Q5.- Are there any Capcom game series (including spinoff games) that you would like to see get a sequel or new game? up to "three" of the choices, can't be blank
Darkstalkers
Okami
Onimusha
Ace Attorney
Street Fighter
Sengoku Basara
Dino Crisis
Dead Rising
Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma
Toraware No Paruma
VS. Capcom
Resident Evil
Final Fight
Breath of Fire
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Monster Hunter
Lost Planet
Mega Man

Q6.- Is there a game that you would like to see completely remade with the latest technology, including character design and story direction? select just "one" of the choices, can't be blank
Onimusya 1,2, and 3
Ace Attorney 1, 2, and 3
Commando
Rival Schools
Nijiirocho No kiseki
Final Fight
Breath of Fire I, II, and III
Gargoyle's Quest I, and II
Megaman I, II, and III
Not in here

Q9.- Do you have a complaint you would like to share with Capcom? select the "one" you think is the most important
Too slow to release new numbered titles!
Lame designs...
Too money-oriented!
Needs to communicate with its fans better!
I've got lots of reasons not listed above!
Release more original titles, not sequels!
Reboot old IPs already!
Not enough merchandise in stock! (Sells out too quickly!)
Resting on its laurels too much lately!
No complaints here! Keep up the good work!

Q10.- We welcome all your support for Capcom.
Yes
No
Depends

Q11.- Do you have any final comments for Capcom?
Open answer, up to 400 characters
Thanks for sharing!
Post edited February 18, 2024 by adikad13000
Wow the answers to Q4 are completely useless. It should be something like:
Weird (in a bad way)
Loves DRM on top of DRM (always custom + Denuvo or custom + Enigma)
Greedy