It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: So he isn't saying those games are trash and don't belong here?
No he didn't say that.

GameRager: Or that we are all morons and stupid?
He said that because you keep saying he said those games are trash and don't belong here, when he didn't.

GameRager: I don't agree that all rejections are likely based on those reasons and also agree that saying such without proof is dumb, but c'mon....tossing the idea aside entirely speaks of closemindedness, don't you think?
Seeing conspiracy, SJW and ill will everywhere is closed minded to me. Apply Occam's Razor.
I think a lot of reasons go into accepting and rejecting a game. I worked for eCommerce many years and almost all shops (who are not Amazon or Steam) make these kinds of decisions. They are complex and involve personal feelings (tastes, preferences) of the people involved with them, but sorry - the SJW-censorship argument is just bullshit.

GameRager: You are free to believe the company line ...
Lol. How the hell do you come to that conclusion? I watch, I rationalize and reflect, I draw my own conclusions. No "company line" involved. GOG is a business. Not a bad one since they do seem to care about the customers and the people working there are mostly very nice. But still a business. Businesses are not to be trusted in general.

GameRager: Why can't(not to you but according to others) we have more such games here and people asking for them?
That was explained above. Several times.

GameRager: I believe in calling out a business on all bad decisions, no matter how big or small, and allowing others to do the same. Also some only want it on Gog and denying them it here is denying it to them entirely as long as they stick to their guns, just as some stick to their no steam/no epic guns.
Honestly, I don't believe you have the competence to "call out bad decisions". You clearly have not much inside to online trade. The caveats, best practices, the difficulties. You're doing the Dunning-Kruger here. I have a lot more insight into that, but wouldn't claim I "get" every of GOG's decisions. I can rationalize afterwards and come to conclusions why this made sense to them (me agreeing or not). In the end only they have the insight into their long term plans, their strategy. Things that play an important part in those decisions that we don't know - and that's why we can only judge those decisions in retrospect, a few years later even. Then you may call out "They rather sold some niche anime games than the slow-burning blockbuster Grimoire which has made millions. Told you so!"

Now you can of course voice that you want some game here. And if enough people do that it may even help (see Opus Magnum). But simply accusing GOG for "bad decisions" because you don't like them or don't comprehend them - you're simply out of your league. And I would be too, that's why I don't do that. And that has nothing to do with "believing the company line", rather with "not enough data, can't compute".
Post edited November 07, 2019 by toxicTom
low rated
GameRager: Same dumb non-arguments...
RWarehall: Hey dumbass...

Show me any user review manipulation...fucking read them...there are no signs they are...
You are making a baseless argument. A stupid argument that something CAN happen doesn't mean it IS happening...how dumb are you?

When it comes to the Wishlist, just search this forum and all the threads like this one brigading for votes. Now that is OBVIOUS manipulation, but you seem to be too braindead stupid to see it.

Are you really this stupid?

Any objective person can see the Wishlist manipulation because it is painfully obvious. And any objective person can read the actual reviews on Steam and see they are not substantially "politically motivated' but rather are calling out perceived flaws in the actual game.
Sigh, I cannot deal with your attitude or lack of civility anymore. I'm out unless someone more civil wants to talk.

Pic related=your replies here
Attachments:
Post edited November 07, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: Sigh, I cannot deal with your attitude or lack of civility anymore. I'm out unless someone more civil wants to talk.

Pic related=your replies here
Bastion of civility my ass...
low rated
toxicTom: No he didn't say that.
-----------------------------

He said that because you keep saying he said those games are trash and don't belong here, when he didn't.
Yes he did, and regardless of motivations his behavior has been deplorable here. I would expect better on the CHAN SITES & Reddit.

toxicTom: Lol. How the hell do you come to that conclusion? I watch, I rationalize and reflect, I draw my own conclusions. No "company line" involved. GOG is a business. Not a bad one since they do seem to care about the customers and the people working there are mostly very nice. But still a business. Businesses are not to be trusted in general.
You seem to follow it indirectly by going along with the reasons gog gives out without considering more "fringe" ideas which you seemingly toss aside outright.

toxicTom: That was explained above. Several times.
Using data that can be manipulated, subjective opinions of taste, etc.

toxicTom: Honestly, I don't believe you have the competence to "call out bad decisions". You clearly have not much inside to online trade. The caveats, best practices, the difficulties. You're doing the Dunning-Kruger here. I have a lot more insight into that, but wouldn't claim I "get" every of GOG's decisions. I can rationalize afterwards and come to conclusions why this made sense to them (me agreeing or not). In the end only they have the insight into their long term plans, their strategy. Things that play an important part in those decisions that we don't know - and that's why we can only judge those decisions in retrospect, a few years later even. Then you may call out "They rather sold some niche anime games than the slow-burning blockbuster Grimoire which has made millions. Told you so!"
You or anyone else could have a degree in business and sales and I would still question gog's decisions without proof either way to prove one of us right or wrong.

toxicTom: Now you can of course voice that you want some game here. And if enough people do that it may even help (see Opus Magnum). But simply accusing GOG for "bad decisions" because you don't like them or don't comprehend them - you're simply out of your league. And I would be too, that's why I don't do that. And that has nothing to do with "believing the company line", rather with "not enough data, can't compute".
It's called common sense and following events, it's not hard to do, although yes I could be wrong & would gladly welcome being proved wrong if that was the case.
================================

RWarehall: Bastion of civility my ass...
You swore like a sailor and treated me like dirt....how did you expect that to work out for you?

I asked you several times to talk civilly and debate me as such, and you ignored them, and then you wonder why I replied as I did.

If you want to debate civilly without such language and name calling I am all ears....until then, peace out.
low rated
GameRager: More b.s., as usual...
Obviously when confronted with better arguments, you just circle the wagons and repeat the same stupid arguments...

"Using data that can be manipulated, subjective opinions of taste, etc."

Does not change the fact this data exists. Doesn't change the fact there is no sign it has been manipulated except the off-the-wall, unsupported and unhinged claims of the developer. And fails to address how dumb an argument it is by trying to dismiss all the data because it "can be" manipulated.

None of this explains how Grimoire after 2 years only has 424 reviews and a 67% well below average user rating while displaying no actual signs of manipulation. From the day it was released 2 years ago, to today, the reviews seem to track with the same ratio of likes to dislikes. That does not look like manipulation at all. Try again...

--------

As to debating you, it is absolutely impossible to debate someone ignorant in the basics of logic and reasoning...
low rated
RWarehall: Obviously when confronted with better arguments, you just circle the wagons and repeat the same stupid arguments...
Arguments I disagree with, not necessarily better ones....also you should talk.

RWarehall: "Using data that can be manipulated, subjective opinions of taste, etc."

Does not change the fact this data exists. Doesn't change the fact there is no sign it has been manipulated except the off-the-wall, unsupported and unhinged claims of the developer. And fails to address how dumb an argument it is by trying to dismiss all the data because it "can be" manipulated.
I was talking about steam ratings in general and not that one game/case, and also you seem to trust such more then you seem to trust the "manipulated" wishlist entries. If we must dismiss those for "manipulation" then we must dismiss the steam ones as well. Both could be manipulated just as easily.

RWarehall: None of this explains how Grimoire after 2 years only has 424 reviews and a 67% well below average user rating while displaying no actual signs of manipulation. From the day it was released 2 years ago, to today, the reviews seem to track with the same ratio of likes to dislikes. That does not look like manipulation at all. Try again...
Again I was making a general point on all steam reviews and not just that game/case. It is also just as easy to manipulate the steam ratings as on gog...just saying.

RWarehall: As to debating you, it is absolutely impossible to debate someone ignorant in the basics of logic and reasoning...
See, do I ever call you dumb/insult you most times? Or swear at you? If you want to debate me then show it be acting proper when doing so and maybe we could find some common ground to agree upon.

FWIW this post dialed it back a bit and if you chose to do that to be more civil and encourage a dialog I welcome that.
GameRager: snip
Simple question...
What is GoG supposed to be doing in their games decisions? For games already released, shouldn't they be looking at what people think about them? Shouldn't they be using metrics to estimate outside sales numbers such as # of reviews? And when confronted with a game like this one, combined presumably with an actual game to test, should they not be using their best judgment in deciding if this is a "1 in 5" case?

Because what I've shown about these games are reasons that seem to clearly indicate these are nowhere near the top 20% of available games.

Agony was a broken mess on release with poor reviews to match.
Hatred wasn't a very good game (although an argument could be made it would and did sell well enough). That said, I can see why GoG might have made the judgment call they did.
Grimoire was a game released over a year before (meaning no 1st day sales) to poor reviews and little interest.
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls was a poorly reviewed PS3 game that now is getting ported to PC (where console ports are notorious for additional issues).

It's hard to argue GoG made any mistake on any of these flawed titles in their decision-making process, yet here you and others are attacking them over their rejections. Only Hatred one could reasonably argue GoG might have given up profits for quality.
low rated
First off, this is well written and much more civil and for that I thank you. That said:

RWarehall: Simple question...
What is GoG supposed to be doing in their games decisions? For games already released, shouldn't they be looking at what people think about them? Shouldn't they be using metrics to estimate outside sales numbers such as # of reviews? And when confronted with a game like this one, combined presumably with an actual game to test, should they not be using their best judgment in deciding if this is a "1 in 5" case?
I am not a business major or into such so I cannot say for certain, but I have a few ideas.....I mentioned a few before, like: starting pre orders for potential games....if they get enough interest they release it, and if not they give everyone their money back. Let people vote with their actual wallets and let the money speak.

Also as for judgement, that is prone to bias when a person is making the decisions based on their tastes and not whether it will sell, and judging by the latest games released it is apparent they do have some bias/tastes they favor over others.

RWarehall: Because what I've shown about these games are reasons that seem to clearly indicate these are nowhere near the top 20% of available games.
But we've had games drop here that are very niche and not likely to sell much, so amount of sales is not always taken into account when picking games for the site in all cases.

RWarehall: Agony was a broken mess on release with poor reviews to match.
Hatred wasn't a very good game (although an argument could be made it would and did sell well enough). That said, I can see why GoG might have made the judgment call they did.
Grimoire was a game released over a year before (meaning no 1st day sales) to poor reviews and little interest.
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls was a poorly reviewed PS3 game that now is getting ported to PC (where console ports are notorious for additional issues).
Again, they should let the market decide....if they can let cooking and pc sims here and other "niche" titles they can give a shot to some of those as well. Let the money decide what stays in cases of newer games.

RWarehall: It's hard to argue GoG made any mistake on any of these flawed titles in their decision-making process, yet here you and others are attacking them over their rejections. Only Hatred one could reasonably argue GoG might have given up profits for quality.
Read this bit you wrote slowly and look at what you just said and how biased it is. You say the titles are flawed as if that is the end if discussion/absolute truth for everyone, and that it is hard to argue about gog making mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect, and likes are subjective.

As for attacking Gog's rejections...I have only done it for a few games and I more criticized than "attacked". I said my peace in most cases and why I felt such and moved on.
low rated
Hey, RWarehal, and GameRanger? Why don't you go onto IRC where you can have your pissing matches in peace?
low rated
Darvond: Hey, RWarehal, and GameRanger? Why don't you go onto IRC where you can have your pissing matches in peace?
Irc's still a thing?

Also what's the bother? We are ontopic for the most part, and keeping to this one thread. It's like sticking one's head into a smoking room only bar from outside and complaining there's a bunch of smoke & people are getting rowdy while in a bar.

(Though to be fair i'd take this to another thread or PM, or even offsite if rWarehall wanted to)
low rated
dgnfly: I like how triggered you get when you are called out. I guess you have this delusional notion that you get to dictate which games are good. I'm not crying out I'm just calling out GOG's double standard when it comes to games released but that seems to trigger you, but that's the standard reaction when a corporate shill is called out for being one.

You're reaction to my last post seems more like a 4yo crying out on wanting to be right while having no actual facts but is just spinning a theory why it is rejected you have as little proof as we have cause GOG never made an official statement but corporate shills will make up excuses.

Keep crying corporate shill cause nobody gonna buy your corporate shill excuses.
RWarehall: You are an idiot. I clearly explained the problems with these games. You counter with name calling and tomfoolery.

Fact: Was Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls poorly received on the PS3? YES
Fact: Is a console port going to make it better? NO

And both of you self-centered fools act like vote brigading = 100% paying customers when GoG and anyone with an IQ over 50 would realise it doesn't...

I just love it when total assholes like you claim "no actual facts" when you have brought diddly shit to the table. Keep crying 4-year old...
Hey, human-ape there is plenty of broken games released here or games that are lower-rated or never updates so those are allowed cause they think they might make money but a game that has been released and actually has a fanbase shouldn't cause you feel it will fail? you sure have a high opinion about yourself as if you are the know it all while actually just being a corporate shill with no actual factual information why they are refused and you are like I said multiple times making up excuses why they might be rejected yet you like to overlook the part where people mention all the broken/ incomplete games released here.

All you keep doing is spinning your bullshit about low sales while many games have low sales so why should they be bothered by dungeon RPG? or is it just like i said you just a corporate shill needing to defend a company from criticism cause you can't cope with it being criticized.

Like it has been saying many times but your 4yo brain can't cope it seems, We want the game release but you can't seem to cope with that opinion. You're so busy trying to be a corporate shill you even tried to make up words I didn't even say as to get me to shut up with the '' Manipulate rating'' which I never said.

You, sir, are the ultimate no lifer who complains when people want a certain game simply cause you care little about games it seems other than those you deem fit for release. Your whole presences in this thread is complaining about people wanting a certain game release which show what kinda communistic mentality you have of self center man child behavoir
This might be one of the worst discussions I have read in a very long time. When ad hominems get thrown like shit from both directions it might actually be more stimulating to watch monkeys duke it out after having Taco Bell.
*looks at all the down rates* Someone surly hates that game with a passion...
low rated
tfishell: Why all the "downvotes"? Some bitter member using a script?
Anothername: *looks at all the down rates* Someone surly hates that game with a passion...
Tinfoil hat mode: ENGAGED!

Seeing how RWhorehole's posts in this thread all show a conspicuous lack of red "low rated", one may conclude that either:

a) RWhorehole is using half a dozen alts to upvote his own retarded shit while downvoting everyone else.

b) Some other user(s) is running a massive PSYOP to besmirch RWarehall by upvoting his posts while downvoting everyone else in order to make him look like that much of a dense cunt.

This forum has attracted it's fair shate of, uhhh... "special" people over the years, so really both options are viable.

In either case, gog seems to have woken up to the rampant misuse of the downvote button, so they seem to have thrown the tinyE-switch of magical rep increase on everyone else. Hell, my last post in this thread got low rated and my rep still increased overnight lol.

So keep downvotin', winrars! :DD
low rated
fronzelneekburm: In either case, gog seems to have woken up to the rampant misuse of the downvote button, so they seem to have thrown the tinyE-switch of magical rep increase on everyone else. Hell, my last post in this thread got low rated and my rep still increased overnight lol.
Bullshit Mine goes down sometimes by 7 points overnight!

WHAT! 164 how the shit?

You all do realise I'm the one that got that deranged twisted sour sick weird S.O.B. tinyE banned from these very forums for good don't you, Just to get some peace and quiet.

He had a weird habit of attacking anyone he wanted to with very very vile posts, he'd go in these weird rants at other users too heaps of different people even people that once considered him friends.
Post edited November 07, 2019 by fr33kSh0w2012