It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
RoboPond: I woun't be able to. I have a i7-4790 (4th Gen) which seems highly unlikely they will support it (despite it only really failing on the TPM 2.0 requirement, as it has 1.2) And i'm not going to get a new processor just because Microsoft decides that I need BitLocker (which I don't like or use anyway.)

So I shall stick with Windows 10 until EOL then most likely force myself to use Linux.
why not get a new pc?
Orkhepaj: why not get a new pc?
Because I don't need one. This one runs fine. All the modern games run maxed out, Windows 10 runs fine. The only thing that will not work on it will be Windows 11.
My work laptop (Dell Precision 3530) apparently has TPM 2.0, at least according to tpm.msc, so I guess it can be upgraded to Windows 11...

EDIT: Manjaro problem solved! :)
Post edited July 01, 2021 by timppu
low rated
Orkhepaj: why not get a new pc?
RoboPond: Because I don't need one. This one runs fine. All the modern games run maxed out, Windows 10 runs fine. The only thing that will not work on it will be Windows 11.
well nothing lasts forever and by that time your pc will be more than a decade old
Post edited July 01, 2021 by timppu
I will wait for a while, Windows have bad releases, it's not recommended to update on day one.
CymTyr: Thanks for the info! I'm still deciding if I want to dual boot, and if so, whether I should get a larger boot drive to make it easier. I'd prefer to dual boot with Linux on my 7,200 rpm drive, though. Right now it's just used for youtube video backups I don't need.
If you aren't familiar with Linux, i say either LiveCD and try it out, or get a dedicated system like a Pi and tinker with it (or throw it on an old laptop); Or run a VM. Heh, i remember VirtualBox with the tools installed, i had 2 taskbars, one for GNU/Linux/XWindows and one for Windows. Ran apps side by side, it was awesome! Though the clipboard between the two and sharing files was a bit more complicated...
CymTyr: Thanks for the info! I'm still deciding if I want to dual boot, and if so, whether I should get a larger boot drive to make it easier. I'd prefer to dual boot with Linux on my 7,200 rpm drive, though. Right now it's just used for youtube video backups I don't need.
rtcvb32: If you aren't familiar with Linux, i say either LiveCD and try it out, or get a dedicated system like a Pi and tinker with it (or throw it on an old laptop); Or run a VM. Heh, i remember VirtualBox with the tools installed, i had 2 taskbars, one for GNU/Linux/XWindows and one for Windows. Ran apps side by side, it was awesome! Though the clipboard between the two and sharing files was a bit more complicated...
Thanks again for the info!
Zezione: I will wait for a while, Windows have bad releases, it's not recommended to update on day one.
I recommend waiting at least 6 months or more before going anywhere near any new version of Windows.

That is usually how long it takes Microsoft to have a workable system.
Zezione: I will wait for a while, Windows have bad releases, it's not recommended to update on day one.
TheBigCore: I recommend waiting at least 6 months or more before going anywhere near any new version of Windows.

It was a while with 10. It kept corrupting my system when it first came out. I kept going back to Windows 7 until I'd say 2018 when I finally changed for good.
My PC is a fossil according to Windows 11. I need a new PC.
Demeos: My PC is a fossil according to Windows 11. I need a new PC.
Don't let the marketing get to you. My PC is over a decade old, runs an OS built this year, runs all the games I have great. Just finished Deus Ex 4 running at over 60 FPS. I feel no overwhelming need to upgrade...
God, no. It's always a poopshow, and I still have way too big of a backlog to play before even thinking of upgrading an OS I only use for games.
Maybe, but I sure won't be an "early adopter" since I want to play all the games I own without having to worry about stability issues.
TheBigCore: I recommend waiting at least 6 months or more before going anywhere near any new version of Windows.

Win11 is already more stable than Win10.