It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
amok: "Forrester's principal analyst JP Gownder noted that the new operating system was based on the code of Windows 10, which should prevent upgrade glitches such as those seen in the past with Windows Vista." - so hopefully will be smooth transition
mqstout: Windows 10 can't even update itself in place properly without borking everything.
I have not had any problems with w10 in general and it's updates specifically. So far it has been the least troublesome windows I have used. Your milage may vary, but I do not recognise this.
Post edited June 24, 2021 by amok
high rated
"During the Windows 11 event, Microsoft revealed that a Microsoft Account and a network connection are required to finish the setup. Earlier, in Windows 10, and now in Windows 11 Pro, it is still possible to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement, either by entering some invalid data or by installing the OS offline. In case of Windows 11 Home, this no longer works. Microsoft says that consumers must have an Internet connection to get the device ready for work and avoid some "confusion".

https://winaero.com/windows-11-home-will-require-a-microsoft-account-and-a-network-connection/

Don't worry folks, the now compulsory online DRM for Home users is only there to "cure your confusion". ;-)
Microsoft in the comedy business.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22548480/windows-11-home-internet-connection-set-up

Weak.

Apparently W11 Pro will not force the user to sign in with a MS account.
Also, no 32-bit support.
oh. and by the way:

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 11 is going to be available to download by the holidays this year, with beta builds starting to go out to Windows Insiders in the week commencing June 28, 2021."
(https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/windows-11-release-date/)

so it is still a bit off
patrikc: Also, no 32-bit support.
Trolling attempt?
32 bit software <> 32 bit CPU
A huge distinction that you fail to mention.
Post edited June 24, 2021 by teceem
high rated
AB2012: Don't worry folks, the now compulsory online DRM for Home users is only there to "cure your confusion". ;-)
That's great news! Only last week I wrote a letter of thanks to Denuvo for "pacifying my disorientation" and sent an e-mail to Sony thanking them for SecuROM for "alleviating my bewilderment". It's only fair Microsoft should join in with the DRM therapy!
amok: so far nothing that have any warning signals. Start button on the middle of the bottom bar, though, hope that can be moven into its correct place.
If it's like the leaked build then yes there is a setting to put it back on the left.
AB2012: "During the Windows 11 event, Microsoft revealed that a Microsoft Account and a network connection are required to finish the setup. Earlier, in Windows 10, and now in Windows 11 Pro, it is still possible to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement, either by entering some invalid data or by installing the OS offline. In case of Windows 11 Home, this no longer works. Microsoft says that consumers must have an Internet connection to get the device ready for work and avoid some "confusion".

https://winaero.com/windows-11-home-will-require-a-microsoft-account-and-a-network-connection/

Don't worry folks, the now compulsory online DRM for Home users is only there to "cure your confusion". ;-)
I would only suggest using pro anyways. Home is limited all over isn’t it, no option to turn off updates and such like?
low rated
AB2012: "During the Windows 11 event, Microsoft revealed that a Microsoft Account and a network connection are required to finish the setup. Earlier, in Windows 10, and now in Windows 11 Pro, it is still possible to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement, either by entering some invalid data or by installing the OS offline. In case of Windows 11 Home, this no longer works. Microsoft says that consumers must have an Internet connection to get the device ready for work and avoid some "confusion".

nightcraw1er.488: I would only suggest using pro anyways. Home is limited all over isn’t it, no option to turn off updates and such like?
yeah Home version is meh
teceem: Trolling attempt?
32 bit software <> 32 bit CPU
A huge distinction that you fail to mention.
I'm merely stating a fact. Windows 11 will only support 64-bit.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: I would only suggest using pro anyways. Home is limited all over isn’t it, no option to turn off updates and such like?
Everything non-Enterprise is dumbed down just by varying degrees. The real problem with compulsory "rolling updates" is they can change anything at anytime in future, and Microsoft have already removed configuration options from W10 Pro in the past, so I'm expecting more of the same:-
https://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/Microsoft-removes-policies-Windows-10-pro/
Post edited June 24, 2021 by AB2012
rtcvb32: Well as much control as you can manage. Though it was fun once when i made a Linux driver for my own custom encryption cipher and actively used it on a laptop...
GNOME never quite felt right to me. I don't know why... I'd rather have GTK, or something minimal.
Gnome is running on GTK. It's just been applied to such an insane level of Kai Krause's Padded Cell philosophy of UI design as to completely neuter the point.
low rated
patrikc: I'm merely stating a fact. Windows 11 will only support 64-bit.
You're something. And that's a fact too.
Looks like TPM 2.0 (trusted platform module) is a requirement for a Windows upgrade, which I doubt most people will actually have on their motherboard. Apparently, my mobo has the connector, but I'd actually need to buy something like this. Good luck getting non-tech people to figure this out.
Post edited June 24, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles
amok: so far nothing that have any warning signals. Start button on the middle of the bottom bar, though, hope that can be moven into its correct place.
Gersen: If it's like the leaked build then yes there is a setting to put it back on the left.
neat, cheers