It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
pds41: That's the problem with the Internet - you don't have the audible or visual cues.

I was referring to the forum search. It seems hit and miss as to whether it works and then also doesn't seem very good at sorting...
Shadowstalker16: Just checked, its broken for me too. Nothing comes up even if I search for words like 'Witcher'. Didn't know about this because it worked last time I checked.
Typical last line for linux users, "it worked last time"

back to a much better os this topic is all about:
"The revolutionary Windows update scheduled for late 2021 and going to be announced at Microsoft's big event on June 24."
nice nice only 2 more days ,hope they will give out more info
If it's free and compatible with mah games, yes. Doesn't seem that different to Windows 10, tbh.
Every other windows seems to be a dud. Hopefully they will break that rule now, although unlikely. Reputation to uphold and all that.
low rated
definitely
pds41: Have you managed to make the search functionality work properly? I know the basics seem to work (creating and replying to threads), but the search is abysmal.
Shadowstalker16: I was replying ironically; I do have one bug (the purplepox).
Are you referring to game search? I works just fine for me. I'm on Vivaldi (Chrome engine).
try searching for example for the game TRI
low rated
Darvond: Sure, I'll be updating to Fedora 35 and 36.
Orkhepaj: Why linux fans always troll topics about windows?
It is like they are a cult or something.
Because they are a cult, most casual linux users just like feeling superior to Windows users, even though most casual linux users actually knows less about computers than your average Windows user. The same goes for people who use Macintosh, they often know significantly less about computers than their less hip windows mates, but they feel superior for using a different operating system.
kohlrak: It's cute how y'uns think we're actually going to have a choice.
You always have a choice, the real question is whether you're competent enough to make the choice not to install every single update Microsoft delivers. I find it hilarious how people complained about Microsoft updating windows 7 computers to windows 10 as some kind of "forced update." If you subscribe to the policy of leaving automatic updates on, then you get what you deserve. Always read the patch notes.
Post edited June 23, 2021 by caige.aroldo
low rated
Crosmando: What happened to Windows 10 the last version of Windows? Goddamnit I hate upgrading, every time you do it it's a coin flip as to whether or not your installed old games will work on the new Windows. I'd honestly prefer a subscription based system where you pay for a few years of Windows.
Well, they could always use the Apple approach, keep calling it OS 10 (OS X) but instead of changing version numbers call it a different animal each "version" update.

So instead of Windows 11 it will be Windows 10 Longhorn followed by Windows 10 Redstone
I still haven't "upgraded" to the toxic dumpster fire that is Windows 10, so no. I will be running a dual boot setup of 7 and 10 soon just because a lot of modern games no longer work on 7 but it'll be a cold day before I even touch 11. I thought 10's UI was atrocious, 11's looks even worse and given the fact that 10 was a mess of incompatibilities, privacy issues and more, I don't have any faith in 11, especially not after the many lessons that 2020 taught me about humanity, corporations and Big Tech.
Shadowstalker16: I was replying ironically; I do have one bug (the purplepox).
Are you referring to game search? I works just fine for me. I'm on Vivaldi (Chrome engine).
amok: try searching for example for the game TRI
Yup, can get that. Its forum search that doesn't seem to work.
low rated
caige.aroldo: Because they are a cult, most casual linux users just like feeling superior to Windows users, even though most casual linux users actually knows less about computers than your average Windows user. The same goes for people who use Macintosh, they often know significantly less about computers than their less hip windows mates, but they feel superior for using a different operating system.
caige.aroldo: You always have a choice, the real question is whether you're competent enough to make the choice not to install every single update Microsoft delivers. I find it hilarious how people complained about Microsoft updating windows 7 computers to windows 10 as some kind of "forced update." If you subscribe to the policy of leaving automatic updates on, then you get what you deserve. Always read the patch notes.
Yes, the choice is there, just have to change a few settings. Looks like that is too much to ask from some users and they instead go use linux. Strange, as it requires way more tinkering than windows.
high rated
Orkhepaj: Yes, the choice is there, just have to change a few settings. Looks like that is too much to ask from some users and they instead go use linux. Strange, as it requires way more tinkering than windows.
Some people find it more worthwhile tinkering with something that is designed to obey the user than tinkering with something that is designed to obstruct and override the user. Even if it is more tinkering.
caige.aroldo: Because they are a cult, most casual linux users just like feeling superior to Windows users, even though most casual linux users actually knows less about computers than your average Windows user. The same goes for people who use Macintosh, they often know significantly less about computers than their less hip windows mates, but they feel superior for using a different operating system.

You always have a choice, the real question is whether you're competent enough to make the choice not to install every single update Microsoft delivers. I find it hilarious how people complained about Microsoft updating windows 7 computers to windows 10 as some kind of "forced update." If you subscribe to the policy of leaving automatic updates on, then you get what you deserve. Always read the patch notes.
Orkhepaj: Yes, the choice is there, just have to change a few settings. Looks like that is too much to ask from some users and they instead go use linux. Strange, as it requires way more tinkering than windows.
The tinkering is documented.

caige.aroldo: You always have a choice, the real question is whether you're competent enough to make the choice not to install every single update Microsoft delivers. I find it hilarious how people complained about Microsoft updating windows 7 computers to windows 10 as some kind of "forced update." If you subscribe to the policy of leaving automatic updates on, then you get what you deserve. Always read the patch notes.
Didn't hear about the stealth updates where people who had 7 and 8 got updates despite having automatic updates disabled? I was on Linu at the time, so i didn't experience them personally, but i'm aware it was causing all sorts of trouble for internal IT people.
drmsux: Some people find it more worthwhile tinkering with something that is designed to obey the user than tinkering with something that is designed to obstruct and override the user. Even if it is more tinkering.
Wow, that was well put. That pretty much sums up how the difference between the two largely feels to me.

Well, maybe Ubuntu/Canonical does sometimes feel the same, how they push the "snaps" etc...
low rated
drmsux: Some people find it more worthwhile tinkering with something that is designed to obey the user than tinkering with something that is designed to obstruct and override the user. Even if it is more tinkering.
timppu: Wow, that was well put. That pretty much sums up how the difference between the two largely feels to me.

Well, maybe Ubuntu/Canonical does sometimes feel the same, how they push the "snaps" etc...
yep one is already fine tuned and you tinkering can ruin it
the other is build from small legos which you can change out, probably with plenty of errors and redesigns
high rated
Orkhepaj: yep one is already fine tuned
I hope your talking about Linux there as Windows 10 is anything but fine tuned.