It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ok, thanks to you both for the explanations. Let's cross fingers ;)
Grargar: Bethesda:
...snip
Am going to start shouting Half Life 3 every time I see this posted :o) Maybe Oblivion will come here (in a vastly overpriced manner), and maybe Fallout 3 again at a cost. But I don't see NV or Skyrim ever making it here.
nightcraw1er.488: Am going to start shouting Half Life 3 every time I see this posted :o) Maybe Oblivion will come here (in a vastly overpriced manner), and maybe Fallout 3 again at a cost. But I don't see NV or Skyrim ever making it here.
When it comes (and not if), I'm gonna rub this post of yours in your face like a grater.
nightcraw1er.488: I don't see NV or Skyrim ever making it here.
disagree, imo they'll have a gog release
Grargar: The-Business recently discovered a newly-added entry for Virgin Games, who developed Lion King and Jungle Book.
Maybe I will finally manage to pass the section with jumping over the giraffes' heads... I have never passed that level as a kid. Time for revenge, I hope :)
Post edited July 28, 2016 by zeffyr
nightcraw1er.488: Am going to start shouting Half Life 3 every time I see this posted :o) Maybe Oblivion will come here (in a vastly overpriced manner), and maybe Fallout 3 again at a cost. But I don't see NV or Skyrim ever making it here.
Grargar: When it comes (and not if), I'm gonna rub this post of yours in your face like a grater.
Haha, until such time it must be my turn then?
nightcraw1er.488: I don't see NV or Skyrim ever making it here.
mobutu: disagree, imo they'll have a gog release
Beths are going to remove CEG from the games, integrate Steam workshop or BethsNet, and release it here to make a tiny amount of money, why?

Oblivion and F3 yes, but then they don't include any of the above in the first place (only Shivering Isles had DRM on).
Post edited July 28, 2016 by nightcraw1er.488
anothername: I share the feeling. Appreciate JMichs "counterfacts" to the "meh again" feeling :)

Then again...

Meh .. no Skyrim :(
Yeah, I kind of said that hoping JMich would show up and set us straight as I hoped my perception was out to lunch. :)
nightcraw1er.488: Beths are going to remove CEG from the games, integrate Steam workshop or BethsNet, and release it here to make a tiny amount of money, why?
I don't know why it's so complicated to remove DRM. I'm not a programmer but software pirates can do it in less than a day. You can even get pirated DRM-free cracked games before the official release date.
Post edited July 28, 2016 by Silverhawk170485
catpower1980: It's the much feared "summer drought" I was talking about before July started and my predictions were right. Now bow to me as the GOGpocalyse is coming soon! :o)

Seriously though, from a business-POV, summer is always low on sales as good deal of people are on vacations so most of the publishers/devs release their games outside that period. Simple economics at play here....
In the big picture I don't mind lulls as it can be expected, but in the short term it's a similar feeling to dropping quarters in a slot machine and pulling up empty. You keep dropping quarters in hopes of triple gold bars showing up. :)

GOG never ceases to surprise us though, so if they go for a down period of low excitement, they usually break the silence eventually with some surprises. Watching some interviews with Marcin Iwinski got me a little pumped. :)
anothername: I share the feeling. Appreciate JMichs "counterfacts" to the "meh again" feeling :)
skeletonbow: Yeah, I kind of said that hoping JMich would show up and set us straight as I hoped my perception was out to lunch. :)
Well let me help you out and link you the relevant post from JMich ;-)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/this_years_releases_on_gog/post68
Nimo: This is the Police was supposed to get released today but is now scheduled for August 2nd :(
Apparently they screwed up their Steam release schedule and decided to delay the game here too to release everywhere on the same day.
Seems a little weird but that's the reason they gave over there :
https://steamcommunity.com/app/443810/discussions/0/353915309336788419/
kokosabre: "Steam then proceeds to check the game, and makes sure it complies with their quality standards." - wait.. is this real? Or just some random words gathered in a sentence?
Steam has quality standards?
kokosabre: "Steam then proceeds to check the game, and makes sure it complies with their quality standards." - wait.. is this real? Or just some random words gathered in a sentence?
docbear1975: Steam has quality standards?
1. Is this a game? If yes, release it. Else , release it.
Wasn't sure I was going to dive right in, but I WAS looking forward to seeing This is The Police released today (had been the 28th on the game card). When it wasn't here yet, I thought "Okay, maybe a universal afternoon release... but let's check that gamecard again..."

August 2nd now for any interested / waiting / expecting it today.
nightcraw1er.488: Oblivion and F3 yes, but then they don't include any of the above in the first place (only Shivering Isles had DRM on).
Neither does New Vegas. In fact, the only Steam features of the game are the DRM and the achievements. That's it and I highly doubt that Bethesda would retroactively add Bethesda.net/Steam workshop support for a 6-years-old game, when they have the newer, shinier and more expensive moneymaker Fallout 4.
Post edited July 28, 2016 by Grargar
Ixamyakxim: Wasn't sure I was going to dive right in, but I WAS looking forward to seeing This is The Police released today (had been the 28th on the game card). When it wasn't here yet, I thought "Okay, maybe a universal afternoon release... but let's check that gamecard again..."

August 2nd now for any interested / waiting / expecting it today.
We already knew, but thanks nonetheless. :P