It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kokosabre: "Steam then proceeds to check the game, and makes sure it complies with their quality standards." - wait.. is this real? Or just some random words gathered in a sentence?
Yeah that part seems surreal when you see all the shovelware getting released every day :)
kokosabre: "Steam then proceeds to check the game, and makes sure it complies with their quality standards." - wait.. is this real? Or just some random words gathered in a sentence?
Nimo: Yeah that part seems surreal when you see all the shovelware getting released every day :)
Especially so considering games have managed to release on Steam without executables.
Nimo: Yeah that part seems surreal when you see all the shovelware getting released every day :)
omega64: Especially so considering games have managed to release on Steam without executables.
yeah, encountered this 3 times so far...
Barry_Woodward: Is today Disney Day?
I wish it was Disney day. *wants Monkey Island 3 very much*
I seriously hope that we get an older game today -- a classic one, and something that is highly requested on the community wishlist. While I love the fact that we've uncovered some of the bigger releases before they're due, it sure would be great if GOG was still able to surprise the community :P
drinnen: Well I can't wait.

What a quality week it has been so far, a tablet game, DLC, incomplete game, incomplete game, DLC, episode.

Truly a treasure trove.
+1, kind of disappointing. JMich might possibly be able to say otherwise (as he's great with GOG's release stats), but it definitely has a "feel" like the non-major releases are both becoming more frequent and comprised of DLC, episodes, developmental early access, and highly pixelated "retro" games.

I guess that they're just not getting enough classic and/or modern blockbuster games coming to them to meet their growth needs so they're stretching out like this. I believe the classic game releases are always kept at a certain ratio as has been shown in the past, but the wow-factor games seem to be giving way to the above list more and more, or it at least feels that way.

I wish they added filters to the Store pages like Steam has where you can configure various "Customize" dialogue boxes to say "I don't want to see: Early Access, DLC for games I don't own, Movies, <game tags> etc." Might not be a big priority at the moment though. It took Steam getting over 10,000 games before they added that feature.

What a quality week it has been so far, a tablet game, DLC, incomplete game, incomplete game, DLC, episode.

Truly a treasure trove.
skeletonbow: +1, kind of disappointing. JMich might possibly be able to say otherwise (as he's great with GOG's release stats), but it definitely has a "feel" like the non-major releases are both becoming more frequent and comprised of DLC, episodes, developmental early access, and highly pixelated "retro" games.

I guess that they're just not getting enough classic and/or modern blockbuster games coming to them to meet their growth needs so they're stretching out like this. I believe the classic game releases are always kept at a certain ratio as has been shown in the past, but the wow-factor games seem to be giving way to the above list more and more, or it at least feels that way.

I wish they added filters to the Store pages like Steam has where you can configure various "Customize" dialogue boxes to say "I don't want to see: Early Access, DLC for games I don't own, Movies, <game tags> etc." Might not be a big priority at the moment though. It took Steam getting over 10,000 games before they added that feature.
I share the feeling. Appreciate JMichs "counterfacts" to the "meh again" feeling :)

Then again...

Meh .. no Skyrim :(

Truly a treasure trove.
skeletonbow: +1, kind of disappointing. JMich might possibly be able to say otherwise (as he's great with GOG's release stats)
It's the much feared "summer drought" I was talking about before July started and my predictions were right. Now bow to me as the GOGpocalyse is coming soon! :o)

Seriously though, from a business-POV, summer is always low on sales as good deal of people are on vacations so most of the publishers/devs release their games outside that period. Simple economics at play here....
Parkan just released, not my cup of tea, but I'm sure many will like this release.
No Disney today. Hopefully, there will be at least some Bethesda next week during the QuakeCon.
Grargar: No Disney today. Hopefully, there will be at least some Bethesda next week during the QuakeCon.
Its thursday; chances are not bad for a few more releases later today.
anothername: Its thursday; chances are not bad for a few more releases later today.
I'm not holding my breath for something spectacular as long as the nightmare-inducing policeman is menacing the main page. ;)

Edit: Oh wait, he's gone. o_O
Post edited July 28, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: No Disney today. Hopefully, there will be at least some Bethesda next week during the QuakeCon.
??? What "new" games do you expect from Disney and Bethesda? Any reliable source?
catpower1980: ??? What "new" games do you expect from Disney and Bethesda? Any reliable source?
One of Disney's community managers tweeted the new Tron game and something else will get a gog release soon.
catpower1980: ??? What "new" games do you expect from Disney and Bethesda? Any reliable source?
Speculations.

Bethesda: Bethesda is doing a catalog-wide sale every July/August, as part of the QuakeCon on other stores. Naturally, I'm assuming that they will do one here as well and while they're doing it, they might add some of their games like say, Oblivion or Fallout: New Vegas, as SCPM has unearthed entries for both games.

Disney: tfishell got a tweet by Disney's Seth Davis that we should expect more here. Not only does a second list by SCPM show Tron 2.0, but also, The-Business recently discovered a newly-added entry for Virgin Games, who developed Lion King and Jungle Book.
Post edited July 28, 2016 by Grargar