It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PainOfSalvation: Poor month for game releases, only 22 so far and May almost ending.
And how many of them were indie games ?
Only thing that bothers me is that single indie releases like this can, imo, hurt GOG's credibility in their attempts to compete with Steam. It can feel like an exercise in futility, or a rollercoaster. :P GOG makes a few headlines for resurrecting a good old game or two, then fades into the background once again.

Nevertheless, Omnibus looks like goofy fun. I won't get it but if others will enjoy it, that's fine. Just don't expect it to increase market share. ;)

(Plus fans got Torchlight 2 this week.)
huan: OT^2 > we don't consider ourselves as Eastern Europe here. You can guess what CEST time zone abbreviation stands for :)
CEST = Central Eastern Summer Time?
PainOfSalvation: Poor month for game releases, only 22 so far and May almost ending.
Painted_Doll: And how many of them were indie games ?
I haven't payed much attention.
PainOfSalvation: Poor month for game releases, only 22 so far and May almost ending. We had 39 games released in April. Even in March we had 37.
Wait till' it's summer vacation, then you'll know how "games releases starvation" feels like :FEAR: ^o^
huan: that was supposed to be all for today? Or this week? Where the hell are the new Bethesda releases?
yea, disappointing thursday this was. no bethesdas this week and with w3 blood and wine scheduled for monday it means no beths next week neither.
maybe after
tfishell: Only thing that bothers me is that single indie releases like this can, imo, hurt GOG's credibility in their attempts to compete with Steam. It can feel like an exercise in futility, or a rollercoaster. :P GOG makes a few headlines for resurrecting a good old game or two, then fades into the background once again.

Nevertheless, Omnibus looks like goofy fun. I won't get it but if others will enjoy it, that's fine. Just don't expect it to increase market share. ;)

Honestly I don't think GOG has any chance of competing with Steam. No way!
Because Steam, well... sells every shit on the face of the earth. Everything! No matter how stupid, buggy or incomplete it may be.

I think that the only right path for GOG is to be a curated store of sorts. Selling DRM-free products for those (like me) who don't have a Steam account and offering good customer service.

I suppose we can say that Steam is the McDonald's burger store, while GOG is the nice little restaurant where you can go to eat a healthy meal.
PainOfSalvation: Poor month for game releases, only 22 so far and May almost ending. We had 39 games released in April. Even in March we had 37.
catpower1980: Wait till' it's summer vacation, then you'll know how "games releases starvation" feels like :FEAR: ^o^
That's what I have my 700+ games backlog for. ;)
catpower1980: Wait till' it's summer vacation, then you'll know how "games releases starvation" feels like :FEAR: ^o^
Isn't that what backlogs are for?
You never know there is still Friday on the agenda. But yes I would like to see more good old games getting released from the production line if gog has got them.
tfishell: Only thing that bothers me is that single indie releases like this can, imo, hurt GOG's credibility in their attempts to compete with Steam. It can feel like an exercise in futility, or a rollercoaster. :P GOG makes a few headlines for resurrecting a good old game or two, then fades into the background once again.

karnak1: Honestly I don't think GOG has any chance of competing with Steam. No way!
Because Steam, well... sells every shit on the face of the earth. Everything! No matter how stupid, buggy or incomplete it may be.

I think that the only right path for GOG is to be a curated store of sorts. Selling DRM-free products for those (like me) who don't have a Steam account and offering good customer service.

I suppose we can say that Steam is the McDonald's burger store, while GOG is the nice little restaurant where you can go to eat a healthy meal.
GOG's more like a McDonalds where you can only order the Filet O Fish. Which isn't bad, but not really what you want on most days.
mcdonalds is so gross, it makes me have to take a big solid poop just thinking about it
fortune_p_dawg: mcdonalds is so gross, it makes me have to take a big solid poop just thinking about it
And now you know how I feel about the indie RPGs and strategy games we keep getting :)
fortune_p_dawg: mcdonalds is so gross, it makes me have to take a big solid poop just thinking about it
Ironically that's how they make most of their burgers.
tinyE: Ironically that's how they make most of their burgers.
Guys, you can't make hamburgers out of poop.