It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: Y'all some never-satisfied people. :P We got a Good Old Game today.

What are you guys wanting to see here specifically?
fortune_p_dawg: sorry man, truthfully, i completely agree with you. we got an old game today, a good one at that (and i might just pick it up).

i just think those lists that leaked couple of weeks ago have everyone buzzing for some phresh bethesda titles.

and so everyone is all "is today the day or do they have to finish this string of 3DO titles or release another indie title or is today really the day?! OMG BETHESDA"
Its a mix of this what fortune said + spoiled from last year biggies + (at least IIRC that was the gist of it) the latest CD Project "we aim to be number 1" speech conference.

So yeah: Since last year I do not percieve gog as the cute store with the occasional nice bark which is sadly my only serious source of gaming since the other source suck hard anymore but the geat shop I go for some serious gaming, that (wants to?) mean business and I have set the high expectations according to that :)
Lord_Kane: Uprising 2 need satisifed.

now ready to bitch about: Strife Veteran Edition.
Yes, one round of Strife, please.
fortune_p_dawg: sorry man, truthfully, i completely agree with you. we got an old game today, a good one at that (and i might just pick it up).

i just think those lists that leaked couple of weeks ago have everyone buzzing for some phresh bethesda titles.

and so everyone is all "is today the day or do they have to finish this string of 3DO titles or release another indie title or is today really the day?! OMG BETHESDA"
anothername: Its a mix of this what fortune said + spoiled from last year biggies + (at least IIRC that was the gist of it) the latest CD Project "we aim to be number 1" speech conference.

So yeah: Since last year I do not percieve gog as the cute store with the occasional nice bark which is sadly my only serious source of gaming since the other source suck hard anymore but the geat shop I go for some serious gaming, that (wants to?) mean business and I have set the high expectations according to that :)
exactly! and you know what, i've been wrong in the past but i don't think we're going to see any bethesda titles tuesday (the 17th) either. my reason is this... the ones that are semi-confirmed are oblivion and new vegas, the ones that are totally rumored are skyrim and fallout 3 for the 17th, and we still haven't seen oblivion show up here. i doubt we'll see skyrim before oblivion, so unless they release it tomorrow or monday, and yeah they COULD release a huge cluster bomb of bethesda rpgs on tuesday but i think they'd probably like to space them out a bit considering the weight those titles carry.
fortune_p_dawg: considering the weight those titles carry.
I can tell you the weight (or lack of) my wallet will carry if those games were released here......

TES Aside, I'm hoping for some more AAA games on GOG (BioShock series and X-Com to name a few).
Chacranajxy: Eh... that's it?

Edit: Maybe they'll surprise us and we'll get Doom tomorrow.
We`re already doomed here! :-D
Hm, I doubt that there will be a release on monday since monday is a holiday.
Post edited May 12, 2016 by Maxvorstadt
anothername: Its a mix of this what fortune said + spoiled from last year biggies + (at least IIRC that was the gist of it) the latest CD Project "we aim to be number 1" speech conference.

fortune_p_dawg: exactly! and you know what, i've been wrong in the past but i don't think we're going to see any bethesda titles tuesday (the 17th) either. my reason is this... the ones that are semi-confirmed are oblivion and new vegas, the ones that are totally rumored are skyrim and fallout 3 for the 17th, and we still haven't seen oblivion show up here. i doubt we'll see skyrim before oblivion, so unless they release it tomorrow or monday, and yeah they COULD release a huge cluster bomb of bethesda rpgs on tuesday but i think they'd probably like to space them out a bit considering the weight those titles carry.
Technically they could. But friday is usually you'll get nothing and you like it day on gog. There has been releases but its rare and mostly global releases then.
fortune_p_dawg: i doubt we'll see skyrim before oblivion
It wouldn't be the first time on GOG that a sequel would be released before the previous part of a series.
I am more waiting for HomeWorld Remastered to come here.

Btw. has the announced day-one AAA-game arrived yet?
russellskanne: I am more waiting for HomeWorld Remastered to come here.

Maybe Doom at midnight today...?
Grargar: It wouldn't be the first time on GOG that a sequel would be released before the previous part of a series.
true, but the pessimist in me is screeming otherwise. though i would LOVE for gog to prove me a negatory fool.
russellskanne: I am more waiting for HomeWorld Remastered to come here.

IFW: Maybe Doom at midnight today...?
that would be really cool, but what then about doom 3?
gog releases doom 4 at midnight to begin the bethsplosion of bethesda titles and announce their exclusive elder scrolls 6 deal with gog.

it will be like this music video with less humans and more games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3s4Boo_3E
Post edited May 12, 2016 by fortune_p_dawg
Grargar: It wouldn't be the first time on GOG that a sequel would be released before the previous part of a series.
1. But it's rare.
2. Possible to explain as difficulty getting the older title to work on newer OSs(?) which would not be an issue with Oblivion.

I can't recall titles where it's happened to know the likelihood of 2., so quite probable I'm talking rubbish.
fortune_p_dawg: true, but the pessimist in me is screeming otherwise. though i would LOVE for gog to prove me a negatory fool.
fortune_p_dawg: that would be really cool, but what then about doom 3?
God if Doom 2016 and Doom 3 came out here, I would orgasm till I started cumming blood and then died.
fortune_p_dawg: true, but the pessimist in me is screeming otherwise. though i would LOVE for gog to prove me a negatory fool.

fortune_p_dawg: that would be really cool, but what then about doom 3?
Why is everybody waiting eagerly for Call Of Doom? I sure hope the AAA bullet to be wasted on that mediocre game. At least that's what mostly everyone with a tiny bit of critical sense that played the beta said.

It's doom in name and aesthetic only.
ncameron: 1. But it's rare.
Like the release of a Bethesda game here. Got it. :P
ncameron: 2. Possible to explain as difficulty getting the older title to work on newer OSs(?) which would not be an issue with Oblivion.

I can't recall titles where it's happened to know the likelihood of 2., so quite probable I'm talking rubbish.
Warrior Kings: Battles was released here before Warrior Kings, because GOG had some trouble getting the first to run.

In general, the release of a sequel before the previous part of a series has occurred quite a few times here (more than 10 if I recall correctly) for a variety of reasons, so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar occurred with Oblivion/Skyrim.
Post edited May 12, 2016 by Grargar

rgnrk: Why is everybody waiting eagerly for Call Of Doom? I sure hope the AAA bullet to be wasted on that mediocre game. At least that's what mostly everyone with a tiny bit of critical sense that played the beta said.

It's doom in name and aesthetic only.
dunno, i don't think it looks that good personally. i just think it would be cool for us to be included in a major release for once.

Lord_Kane: God if Doom 2016 and Doom 3 came out here, I would orgasm till I started cumming blood and then died.
*investigators arrive at the scene - a shriveled husk of skin lying on the floor*

Detective 1: Sir, it looks like he somehow managed to ejaculate his bodily fluids, all of his organs, and his entire skeleton! How is this possible?!

Detective 2: Hmmm... son, it appears Doom 3 and Doom 4 were released on GOG, DRM-free, AT THE SAME TIME!!!
Post edited May 12, 2016 by fortune_p_dawg