It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Correct me if i'm wrong but If i understand the announcement on the Retroism site correctly, we're only getting the first Uprising game today:
They changed the text. The original announcement as can be seen in my post said:

The first games in the agreement, Uprising: Join or Die and Uprising 2: Lead and Destroy will debut on Good Old Games (GoG) March 17, 2016.
Epitaph666: aah guess you're right! My mistake!
No, they just changed the text.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: They changed the text. The original announcement as can be seen in my post read:

The first games in the agreement, Uprising: Join or Die and Uprising 2: Lead and Destroy will debut on Good Old Games (GoG) March 17, 2016.
Interesting. That explains why i didn't notice that when i first read the announcement...
Thanks.
Maxvorstadt: What kind of game is Uprising? A point & click game?
Sort of a hybrid between FPS and RTS, IIRC.
Nergal01: Sort of a hybrid between FPS and RTS, IIRC.
Bööh!
It's an action game, where you control and upgrade (I think) a tank in first person mode. But at the same time, you also have to use the tank to create a "base" and other units - so a bit of RTS and then squad management.

I'm not a huge fan of RTS games (I always want to like them but inevitably hit a "wall" where they become "same-y" and "un-fun" ;) ) but I enjoyed the short amount of time I played this class of game (Battlezone, Uprising, heck even Sacred to an extent).

The action component gives it another "wrinkle" that makes the game more interesting to me.
Maxvorstadt:
Ixamyakxim: I'm not a huge fan of RTS games (I always want to like them but inevitably hit a "wall" where they become "same-y" and "un-fun"
The second level? :P
Ixamyakxim: I'm not a huge fan of RTS games (I always want to like them but inevitably hit a "wall" where they become "same-y" and "un-fun"
omega64: The second level? :P
LOL I see you're like me ;) It's a bummer too because I always really, really want to like some of them but they're often just not my type of game (I like the idea of building out a base, upgrading units and using all these powers / varied tactics - but at the end of the day I feel like I'm just manically clicking, grouping and spamming).

I DO get a lot more mileage out of the "big" RTS games that are more about formations than units though, so that's good (I'm a fan of Medieval Total War and I loved King Arthur).
omega64: The second level? :P
Ixamyakxim: LOL I see you're like me ;) It's a bummer too because I always really, really want to like some of them but they're often just not my type of game (I like the idea of building out a base, upgrading units and using all these powers / varied tactics - but at the end of the day I feel like I'm just manically clicking, grouping and spamming).

I DO get a lot more mileage out of the "big" RTS games that are more about formations than units though, so that's good (I'm a fan of Medieval Total War and I loved King Arthur).
Right?
I really dislike RTS and 4X they just feel like busywork when playing even though conceptually they sound interesting.
I loved TBS though. :3
Moon Hunters is supposedly coming out today on GoG.
where the hell is it?
XYCat: where the hell is it?
It was part of the Insomnia sale - J.U.L.I.A. Among the stars.
Post edited March 24, 2016 by Matruchus
XYCat: where the hell is it?
Matruchus: It was part of the Insomnia sale - J.U.L.I.A. Among the stars.
That was added on Wednesday though.
Matruchus: It was part of the Insomnia sale - J.U.L.I.A. Among the stars.
Marioface5: That was added on Wednesday though.
Sorry, my bad then. I thought it come up today :)
I guess no classic this week. :-/
We should also be getting Samorost 3. Hopefully Slain! releases here today as well.

tfishell: I guess no classic this week. :-/
DotT isn't classic enough? :P